Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Kick Back and Unwind - Off Topic Side Chat

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81
Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85

Last edited by a moderator:
*REMINDER: WS Volunteer Admins and Mods are not online 24/7. We may need some time to clean up posts against TOS* AND when there are pages of them it may require closing the thread.

STOP HERE FIRST
———————————————
Mod Note:
Websleuths has 100’s of active threads, and nearly 200k members. With only a few volunteer Mods/Admins we need your help in keeping Gabby’s threads relative, civil, and engaging. Following the rules that are clearly outlined below will support the Mod Team and enhance your experience and interactions with fellow Posters.

The Rules:
-Domestic Violence Discussions/Debates are not permitted
-The Moab Traffic Stop is no longer open for dissecting (there are 76 threads filled with this info).
-Mental Health is not permitted
-Moab double murders are not permitted unless LE were to change position at some point
-No Bickering (Ignore or “Roll and Scroll”)
-Do not suggest Gabby died by anything other than what the ME has stated (Manual Strangulation)
-Do not Trash Brians parents (You can share opinions or perspectives of events, but rise above the rest. They have not been named POI’s in the case. Stick to what is known / has been reported.)
-Any other rules as outlined in TOS

Tip: Notice if you are posting about the case or about other Posters. Posting about other Posters is off topic. This can show up in the following ways:
-“I don’t know why others……”
-Party X or Party Y “Sympathizers”
-“Some Posters…”
-“Everybody keeps ……”

In a nutshell, be aware of what the intent is behind your post. Is it to bash fellow posters or is it to discuss the case?

Thank you for your help and support!

Tiff

SOME of us need these REMINDERS below.
Ignore them at your own risk. :mad:

STOP HERE FIRST
———————————————
Mod Note:
Websleuths has 100’s of active threads, and nearly 200k members. With only a few volunteer Mods/Admins we need your help in keeping Gabby’s threads relative, civil, and engaging. Following the rules that are clearly outlined below will support the Mod Team and enhance your experience and interactions with fellow Posters.

The Rules:
-Domestic Violence Discussions/Debates are not permitted
-The Moab Traffic Stop is no longer open for dissecting (there are 76 threads filled with this info).
-Mental Health is not permitted
-Moab double murders are not permitted unless LE were to change position at some point
-No Bickering (Ignore or “Roll and Scroll”)
-Do not suggest Gabby died by anything other than what the ME has stated (Manual Strangulation)
-Do not Trash Brians parents (You can share opinions or perspectives of events, but rise above the rest. They have not been named POI’s in the case. Stick to what is known / has been reported.)
-Any other rules as outlined in TOS

Tip: Notice if you are posting about the case or about other Posters. Posting about other Posters is off topic. This can show up in the following ways:
-“I don’t know why others……”
-Party X or Party Y “Sympathizers”
-“Some Posters…”
-“Everybody keeps ……”

In a nutshell, be aware of what the intent is behind your post. Is it to bash fellow posters or is it to discuss the case?

Thank you for your help and support!

Tiff

ADMIN NOTE:

Some posts have been removed.

Please move on from semantics surrounding use of the term "extremely" used by the experts. No need to hyper-focus on one descriptive word when IMO we can agree that if the disorder results in a murder, most people would consider that to constitute extreme.

Also, as noted in the Opening Posts, discussion of mental health in general is not allowed. Members may discuss what is said by experts in MSM as it relates to this case but regular members are not qualified to discuss/comment on the specifics of a disorder unless they are a WS Verified mental health expert (i.e. psychologist, psychiatrist).

Thanks.

ADMIN NOTE:

Read The Rules folks !! Websleuths is victim friendly and Gabby Petito's parents are victims.

Stop the negative speculation and snark about their pursuit of this lawsuit.

Any further posts that are not victim friendly will result in a permanent thread reply ban from this discussion.

I truly hope this is NOT going to be the takeaway for the next set of parents who find themselves in the Laundries' shoes.

Imo it's all about the context and the timing.

Had the Laundries expressed concern and SHOWED it by answering the frantic phone calls from Gabby's family, I think they would be victims as well. If they did not know at the time why she was missing, if they did not know she was dead, if they did not know Brian was the one who did it, I would grieve with them tremendously. And c'mon, you answer the phone when your son's girlfriend is missing on a trip with him and her parents are calling you!

Their situation is tremendously painful, IMO, and had they stayed on the side of decency I would be supporting them. Their son is dead and was a murderer. That's bad. They must be miserable. But IMO they truly made things worse for Gabby's family.

I don't want the lesson learned here, for parents of a future murderer, to be that they will protect their murderous child at great cost to the family of the victim. I would hope that those parents would comply with compassion, particularly when the murder victim lived with them and was part of the family.

I understand lawyers get involved and things go haywire, but I hope if I were in their shoes I would not be so callous.

Jmo
Bravo! And remember Nicole Schmidt thought both Brian and Gabby were missing when she started calling the L's. She was frantic and hoping that RL would know what was going on and looking for reassurance that they were okay. She never got the decency of an answer. She cared about both of them, the L's clearly didn't care a bit about Gabby.

Bravo! And remember Nicole Schmidt thought both Brian and Gabby were missing when she started calling the L's. She was frantic and hoping that RL would know what was going on and looking for reassurance that they were okay. She never got the decency of an answer. She cared about both of them, the L's clearly didn't care a bit about Gabby.
This. This. This. If the Laundries had no idea that anything had happened to Gabby, they would have had no reason NOT to pick up the phone. That's, I believe, why the Petitos are as sure as they are that they knew. MOO

Here's a great in-depth article from Vanity Fair all about Gabby and Brian's relationship, past to present. A neat feature of the article are the hotlinks to MSM articles. I received permission to post.

Gabby Petito’s Life With—And Death By—Brian Laundrie​

Forensically examining Instagram accounts, interviews, and police reports, author Kathleen Hale reconstructs their relationship, and ultimately Petito’s murder.
BY KATHLEEN HALE
ILLUSTRATION BY HOKYOUNG KIM
JUNE 30, 2022

1656631842981.png

Last edited:
MOO I think Brian blocked all the pertinent phone numbers in his parents' phones. It's known he was using Gabby's phone to lie to her parents.

My heart breaks for Gabby's family. They trusted him.

MOO I think Brian blocked all the pertinent phone numbers in his parents' phones. It's known he was using Gabby's phone to lie to her parents.

My heart breaks for Gabby's family. They trusted him.
I'm curious, what leads you to believe that Brian blocked their numbers? Do we know exactly when that happened, I honestly don't remember. Also what about the social media, weren't the P's blocked there too. How would Brian do this? I've read others posts about Brian doing it, so it's not directed towards you that I ask. I am really wondering.

This. This. This. If the Laundries had no idea that anything had happened to Gabby, they would have had no reason NOT to pick up the phone. That's, I believe, why the Petitos are as sure as they are that they knew. MOO
Well, obviously the L's knew BL was there and GP wasn't. But we don't know

1. What BL told the L's (he could have said it was an ugly breakup, she went home to NY, & NS might call, for example)

2. If the L's relationship with the P's was as "cordial" as the P's say it was in their Complaint.

3. Who blocked the numbers assuming they really were blocked (could have been BL & do we know for sure the P's had the right number?)

4. When the P's called. Some accounts seem to say they called only on Sept 10. They tried to call GP for days and I thought they said they called BL (meaning he had a phone) but I'm not sure they called the L's except that one day.

5. If the L's often ignored calls. (Some people do)

There's just alot we don't know. Saying they must have known GP was dead because they didn't answer the phone one day isn't terribly convincing to me.

Trebor5591 said:
Disagree 100%. CL & RL didn't fail Gabby or Gabby's parents. They can't be held responsible for the actions of their adult son. Had they notified and cooperated with authorities from the start, BL would likely be dead from LE bullets, or else lying in a hospital or hospice grievously wounded from same. It was a no-win situation for them, and I wish people would give them a break. The Petitos lawsuit will likely be dismissed. I do feel sympathy for the Petitos but with Brian Laundry dead, they realistically have no one else to blame. They fact that they are going after the Laundrie parents is a huge error in judgement on their part . MOO.

I certainly was wrong about the Pepito's lawsuit being dismissed. And what screwed the Laundries was their attorney Steven Bertolino's statement: "On behalf of the Laundrie family, it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is reunited with her family,"

The judge so much as confirmed that had this statement never been released, he would have dismissed the lawsuit.

I'm curious, what leads you to believe that Brian blocked their numbers? Do we know exactly when that happened, I honestly don't remember. Also what about the social media, weren't the P's blocked there too. How would Brian do this? I've read others posts about Brian doing it, so it's not directed towards you that I ask. I am really wondering.

In which scenario would Brian have the most to gain? He can go home with a sob story about a breakup. He'd receive sympathy and support. His parents would leave him alone so he could take walks, listen to music, etc. A trip to the beach to cheer him up...

Or he can call his parents from Wyoming and tell them he killed Gabby. The ensuing actions wouldn't be as comforting. How could he be 100% sure that they wouldn't call the cops immediately. I just don't see him being totally forthcoming about anything. I think he's lied his way through life in a way that would be always most beneficial to him. I don't think he suddenly grew a conscience. He's weak and cowardly.

Trebor5591 said:
Disagree 100%. CL & RL didn't fail Gabby or Gabby's parents. They can't be held responsible for the actions of their adult son. Had they notified and cooperated with authorities from the start, BL would likely be dead from LE bullets, or else lying in a hospital or hospice grievously wounded from same. It was a no-win situation for them, and I wish people would give them a break. The Petitos lawsuit will likely be dismissed. I do feel sympathy for the Petitos but with Brian Laundry dead, they realistically have no one else to blame. They fact that they are going after the Laundrie parents is a huge error in judgement on their part . MOO.

I certainly was wrong about the Pepito's lawsuit being dismissed. And what screwed the Laundries was their attorney Steven Bertolino's statement: "On behalf of the Laundrie family, it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is reunited with her family,"

The judge so much as confirmed that had this statement never been released, he would have dismissed the lawsuit.

Ehhh...they could have given him a Benadryl/gotten him drunk/made sure he had no access to weapons around police and would be peacefully arrested. Interesting questions: can people be Merandized while drunk?

Here's a great in-depth article from Vanity Fair all about Gabby and Brian's relationship, past to present. A neat feature of the article are the hotlinks to MSM articles. I received permission to post.

Gabby Petito’s Life With—And Death By—Brian Laundrie​

Forensically examining Instagram accounts, interviews, and police reports, author Kathleen Hale reconstructs their relationship, and ultimately Petito’s murder.
BY KATHLEEN HALE
ILLUSTRATION BY HOKYOUNG KIM
JUNE 30, 2022
Thanks for posting this. That was haunting to read through.

Bringing over the Order Denying Motion to Dismiss .pdf from the last thread (thank you @BUF)

The allegation on page 2 is that Gabby was murdered on 8/27. That’s a definitive statement. I know we’ve talked about that being the date BL killed Gabby, as that was the date of the altercation at Merry Piglets. Am curious to know if the other, yet unreleased, digital confession by BL makes the date clear as being 8/27. Just seems very certainly worded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla