TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole yoga factor is interesting, from the US Marshals presser it was clear her yoga passion really was a big part of tracking her down! I mean she did flee clutching her yoga mat as seen on the Austin airport surveillance which was a clue that wherever she started her “new life” she’d be into yoga. but still the yoga studio sign-in sheet being key to her apprehension is amazing.
Yes. And another contradiction demonstrating (to me, at least) that her criminal actions are (in her mind) divorced from the purpose of meditation and yoga as a means of personal growth.

Maybe someone here who practices yoga can provide better insight. But I'm wondering what emotional/psychological defect makes a person think they can fully embrace personal improvement while on the run from a murder charge.

Is it all just a ruse?

MOO

No one answered the door Tuesday or Wednesday at the Austin home where Armstrong lived with Strickland, who dropped Wilson off on the night of her murderafter they went out swimming and to dinner behind Armstrong's back, according to the murder warrant. Messages sent to his listed phone number were met with a request to "please f--- off" Thursday.

CS the bystander remaining CS the bystander. At least he's consistent (if obnoxiously so). Whereas the woman he used to live with is so very not IMHO.

The whole yoga factor is interesting, from the US Marshals presser it was clear her yoga passion really was a big part of tracking her down! I mean she did flee clutching her yoga mat as seen on the Austin airport surveillance which was a clue that wherever she started her “new life” she’d be into yoga. but still the yoga studio sign-in sheet being key to her apprehension is amazing.
I'm not sure I buy the marshal's focus on the yoga theme as the big key. There are so many THOUSANDS of yoga studios in the universe, you still have a needle in a very large haystack.

I'm thinking KA was using the passport of a Costa Rican citizen. Since she doesn't speak Spanish (per the marshal), it would be a dead giveaway if she were stopped.

1656632271672-jpeg.352051

Hurley Beer & Barge must be so proud.

Also did anyone notice that in the video of KA with the female guard, she is wearing cut off denim shorts, but in the photo above--with the male guard--she is wearing black, more athletic looking shorts. Wonder why the need to change shorts?

Also did anyone notice that in the video of KA with the female guard, she is wearing cut off denim shorts, but in the photo above--with the male guard--she is wearing black, more athletic looking shorts. Wonder why the need to change shorts?
I noticed that.

I wondered if it was maybe a change to prison-issue shorts, maybe something with an elastic waist so that it couldn't be pulled apart for self-harm?

Around the 5 minute mark in this interview, US Marshal Filla mentions that KA was taking classes in a certain type of yoga that involved surfing.

Also mentions the bandage on her nose and bruising under her eyes that she said was from a surfboard accident.

Sounds like she might be in Costa Rica for a while

The US Marshals previously said Armstrong used a fraudulent passport to board a flight from Newark Liberty International Airport to San Jose, Costa Rica, on May 18. However, Costa Rica's General Migration Directorate said on Thursday evening that Armstrong entered Costa Rica on "a passport that did not correspond to her identity, but the document was not faked."

A spokesperson from the Migration Directorate told CNN that Armstrong was transferred to the Centro de Aprehensión Regional Central, a prison in Los Lagos, on Thursday morning.

Armstrong is "currently in deportation proceedings, but there's no specific date for this to be completed." Authorities have 30 days to complete the deportation order, according to the spokesperson.

Sounds like she might be in Costa Rica for a while

The US Marshals previously said Armstrong used a fraudulent passport to board a flight from Newark Liberty International Airport to San Jose, Costa Rica, on May 18. However, Costa Rica's General Migration Directorate said on Thursday evening that Armstrong entered Costa Rica on "a passport that did not correspond to her identity, but the document was not faked."

A spokesperson from the Migration Directorate told CNN that Armstrong was transferred to the Centro de Aprehensión Regional Central, a prison in Los Lagos, on Thursday morning.

Armstrong is "currently in deportation proceedings, but there's no specific date for this to be completed." Authorities have 30 days to complete the deportation order, according to the spokesperson.

Will the there also be charges for entering the country illegally? How does that work, if two countries have serious issues with the same person?

Around the 5 minute mark in this interview, US Marshal Filla mentions that KA was taking classes in a certain type of yoga that involved surfing.

Also mentions the bandage on her nose and bruising under her eyes that she said was from a surfboard accident.

Yeah, both yoga and surfing are meant to be non-competitive; induce a calm, serene inner peace, regardless what happens around you - not harming anyone or anything else. It's very contradictory for a yogi/surfer to murder someone with a gun.

If only she'd gone on a yoga/surf retreat before acting on her murderous intentions. It was far too late to go after.

Last edited:
If that nose bandage was caused by plastic surgery and not a surf board incident, wonder what that cost her out of her precious dwindling dollars?

Agree. Cannot imagine signing in as she did.
I don't think she necessarily had surgery. I think she just put big bandage on her nose to help camouflage her identity.

Last edited:
I don't think she necessarily had surgery. I think she just put big bandage on her nose to help camouflage her identity.
I'm not sure. In the post from @Mariposa a few posts before this, the Marshal said, at about the five-minute mark, that she had a bandage on her nose, and some bruising under her eyes. That does sound like either she got popped in the nose by a surfboard, as she implied, or she perhaps did get a nose job. JMO

I'm not sure. In the post from @Mariposa a few posts before this, the Marshall said, at about the five-minute mark, that she had a bandage on her nose, and some bruising under her eyes. That does sound like either she got popped in the nose by a surfboard, as she implied, or she perhaps did get a nose job. JMO
Just seems like a waste of money when she had so little, but hey, not much else she did was very logical. Signing in using her passport name? Hanging out at a busy, dorm-style hostel and chatting everyone up?

I had predicted she'd flee to Costa Rica, but I pictured her taking the approach of lying low in the jungle somewhere for at least a few months, not being there in the thick of civilization

I'm not sure. In the post from @Mariposa a few posts before this, the Marshal said, at about the five-minute mark, that she had a bandage on her nose, and some bruising under her eyes. That does sound like either she got popped in the nose by a surfboard, as she implied, or she perhaps did get a nose job. JMO
I missed the part about bruising under the eyes.

Can't wait for the mugshot so we can all scrutinize further.

I find it hard to believe she is able to still be on the run. I'm not sure what the criteria is to be on the FBI's Most Wanted list but maybe a segment on John Walsh's In Pursuit could help. IMHO it seems she might need assistance staying off the grid. Just the basics food, money, shelter, etc. seems difficult without help. Karma can be tricky. Maybe something happened to her.
She was captured in Costa Rica today.

I'm not sure I buy the marshal's focus on the yoga theme as the big key. There are so many THOUSANDS of yoga studios in the universe, you still have a needle in a very large haystack.

I'm thinking KA was using the passport of a Costa Rican citizen. Since she doesn't speak Spanish (per the marshal), it would be a dead giveaway if she were stopped.
I thought the fact that she went on the run with a yoga mat on her back (per Austin airport CCTV) was a pretty big tell that she intended to continue doing yoga, and the reason I thought she'd go to Costa Rica is because there are so so so many yoga retreats there that she could work at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth