Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

U
Is 5 rounds a normal number of rounds? Is that maybe one less than fully loaded?

I don't think Dylan drove the truck into the building as he intended. I think it happened later after the rain started -- by the person who disappeared Dylan. Throwing his boots out might've been an after thoughts, having intended to dispose of them with him, tossed out behind the dirt pile where no one would come across them. Maybe thought he'd have time later to burn them --

Poor Dylan.

This is going to end all kinds of bad. JMO
It looks like that's the exact number of rounds it should have, if he had the standard configuration.

I truly wish all these investigative agencies would pull together. Having an unorthodox approach can be useful at times if everyone is alignment. I would not alienate any resource, but seek to define roles and operating approach. That’s just my opinion, of course.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I've been pondering this man for over a month now.

Does anyone know if Dylan's seed (grain) truck was at DRs sleep camper or was it at the 5 mile location with the shelter? *At the time he talked to grandma*
A friend and I are trying to figure out if he drove the pickup to the 5 mile to put the seed truck under the shelter or if he drove the seed truck over and planned on walking back to camper.
I would think the seed truck would be at his farm near the camper because he was in the midst of planting seed.

Last edited:
Here's the arrest warrant. https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...nt/uploads/2022/06/brenner-court-document.pdf

What concerns me is that his property was searched prior to law enforcement learning about the guns, which means it was almost certainly searched in relation to the Rounds investigation.

Which means they had to have probable cause.

We're talking about a felon living in close proximity to Dylan, and someone who knew his family.

He ticks all the boxes...

All good progress by the partners BECSO and FBI:

From the warrant:

The missing 19-year-old male D.R.'s property is a 5 mile walk towards the southeast of where Brenner was currently living.

[..]

In searching for the missing 19-year-old male, Brenner was interviewed by BECSO on June 7, 2022.

...On or about June 11, 2022, Box Elder County in their search for the missing 19- year-old male D.R., requested assistance from the Federal Bureau of lnvestigation (FBI) and the Davis County Sheriffs office.

On June 16, 2022, BECSO, with the assistance of the FBI, executed a search warrant at the trailer where Brenner was living. ...There were no muzzle loader firearms located in the trailer at that time.

BINGO -- June 16, BECSO announces DR's case a criminal investigation.

And this activity, unlike locating a pair of abandoned boots on the farm, is what's required where a missing person investigation upgrades to a criminal investigation.

...an officer has knowledge of facts and circumstances that are of such weight and persuasiveness as to convince a prudent and reasonable person of ordinary intelligence, judgment, and experience that it is reasonably likely that a crime has been committed...

In a similar search in IA for then missing 10-year-old Xavior Harrelson, the mother's former boyfriend, JL, was arrested and charged with a single count of Possession of a National Firearms Act Firearm Not Registered to Possessor (26 U.S.C. 5861, 5861(d), 5871), and recently sentenced to 3 years imprisonment and 3 years supervised release in federal court.

ETA: To be clear, JB was arrested for violating the federal statute of possessing a firearm as a felon, and perhaps like Iowa's JL, mom's former boyfriend, may not have any connection to the disappearance of DR.

Last edited:
Is James Brenner one of the 2 men that worked for Dylan? The person that CC calls Jim in various interviews? If so, he’s one of the people the Grandmother called on that first Sunday to check on Dylan. One of the people Dylan’s family trusted. This is so sad.

Here's the arrest warrant. https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...nt/uploads/2022/06/brenner-court-document.pdf

What concerns me is that his property was searched prior to law enforcement learning about the guns, which means it was almost certainly searched in relation to the Rounds investigation.

We're talking about a felon living in close proximity to Dylan, and someone who knew his family.

^^bbm

Without viewing the search warrant, I don't know if we can say that Investigators did not suspect JB was in possession of weapons when they searched his trailer. What we know is that when they searched JB's trailer, although it was found to be storing a lot of ammo paraphernalia, there were no muzzle loader firearms located in the trailer at that time.

I wouldn't be surprised if after they interviewed area residents including JB, interviewed on June 7, when Davis County and the FBI later came out to Lucin to help search for DR, they also brought along firearms sniffing K9's.

IMO, these desolate areas tend to attract both inventories of illegal firearms and manufacturers of illegal substances. JMO

I have the same thoughts.

Interesting that it's a federal charge. Utah also has a felon in possession of a firearm law, so it seems like he could have been charged in state court as well. But perhaps there's some technicality (gun type/prior felony type) that makes the federal statute better.

Is James Brenner one of the 2 men that worked for Dylan? The person that CC calls Jim in various interviews? If so, he’s one of the people the Grandmother called on that first Sunday to check on Dylan. One of the people Dylan’s family trusted. This is so sad.
And perhaps DH is Don who accompanied Jim to initially check on Dylan..pure speculation.

The article said that the arrested man was squatting '5 miles away' from Dylan's trailer. Is it in the same 5 mile direction that the seed truck was parked and the boots were found?
It might be. Was one of Dylan’s trailers that was taken into custody at that location? If so, I wonder if JB was living there.

The article said that the arrested man was squatting '5 miles away' from Dylan's trailer. Is it in the same 5 mile direction that the seed truck was parked and the boots were found?
From the complaint against James Brenner:

"2. ...On this day, D.R. contacted a relative by phone and told them that he was "putting the grain truck into shelter." The shelter for the grain truck was reported to be on a parcel of land owned by Box Elder Land and Livestock (owner initials J.C.) and is adjacent to two other parcels that are owned by S.H. and R.I. These parcels are open to each other and collectively used together.
3. The subject in this case, an adult male named James Brenner (Brenner) has no ownership in the land parcels mentioned above and is "squatting" in a trailer located on the land. The missing 19-year-old male D.R.'s property is a 5 mile walk towards the southeast of where Brenner was currently living."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back