TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't need a lawyer for murder, but he purchased the murder weapon knowing that his other girlfriend was off her head with jealousy.
RSBM.
IMO he had no idea She was ”off her head with Jealousy”, at least when he gave her the gun. Unless he was suicidal, since quite off jealous killers don’t stop with the other man or woman.

I have practiced a lot of yoga and am also a qualified teacher. In my experience, the deeper you get into the 'scene' you can find some really big egos which is very contradictory to the philosophy in general.

There are usually two reasons people start yoga, firstly as a gentle form of exercise or secondly because that person is seeking a spiritual connection with life. One often leads on to the other.

Don't get me wrong, yoga is fantastic and brings joys and strength to many who practice. However I have been shocked over the years at how many 'high up' teachers I have met whose over inflated sense of self and core principles are very non yogic. It's big business and it really turned me away from it all.

I don't teach now, I just practice quietly, by myself. Hope that helps.
I quit yoga classes when all these very young women started showing up, dressed head to toe in Lululemon.

IMO, anything that becomes so intensely part of the social scene of such young women is naturally going to be shallow, because a. most of them follow the latest fashion, not yet having self-knowledge and b. they're preoccupied with their comparative attractiveness to potential mates.

How this relates to KA, to me, is that, although she should have grown out of it, probably she's still deeply insecure, and still comparing herself to other women. So, her sense of identity may be completely invested in her hair, her looks, her yoga credentials, her alleged financial success, her cool boyfriend. Likely narcissistic, image is everything.. Mirror, mirror, on the wall. So, what someone like that can't endure is a woman who doesn't care about those things, has things that she doesn't have, and is apparently more attractive to her mate than she is.

JMO

Last edited:
The question is, though, why were LE and US Marshals so sure that CS was not a suspect and not to be charged or served with a warrant, only KA? Surely they’re not silly enough to simply take his word for it? They did a thorough investigation.

It's not a question of it not being thorough, just they have so far shown inconclusive evidence but have a motive. That same evidence could also be spun where KA would only have to shown she isn't the only one with a possible motive. I hope there's more conclusive evidence but so far the videos just show who was in the area not actually showing who went inside MW's or for how long...if they have video actually showing who went inside that would be great, but in the published search warrants so far such evidence hasn't been mentioned. Also for this same reason I think DNA wouldn't be helpful short of actual skin under the fingernails as anything else can be explained by transferring, like MW road on the back of CS's motorcycle while presumably holding CS, which would provide an opportunity to pick up DNA belonging to both CS and KA without it meaning either went inside MW's because she sat where KA would have sat and touched clothing for an extended period. The evidence is what it is and it's not a matter of thoroughness, like it for instance would have been much better evidence wise if MW took her own vehicle rather than sitting where KA would sit and touching CS's clothing for at least half an hour and LE can't control where and how many cameras people put in or around their house. I for instance expect CS's DNA inside MW's due to extended touch transfer which doesn't mean CS went inside, but such evidence could be used by KA to raise reasonable doubt if she's willing to let her lawyer shade CS.

Someone obviously helped KA along the way - quite possibly many people including her sister and other family members. I was really taken aback when the father publicly accused Colin of having many lovers and asked where those lovers were the night of Mo’s murder and that he knew his daughter could never do this . He was obviously in denial about his daughters alleged involvement in Mo’s murder, but also in damage control. It disgusted me really. And if she had plastic surgery. I would think someone had to have accompanied her to her appointment You usually aren’t released unless there is someone to accompany you because you are still experiencing anesthesia affects. This is going to get more interesting. If her family was assisting her, I hope there will be consequences.

Last edited:
Yeah, both yoga and surfing are meant to be non-competitive; induce a calm, serene inner peace, regardless what happens around you - not harming anyone or anything else. It's very contradictory for a yogi/surfer to murder someone with a gun.

If only she'd gone on a yoga/surf retreat before acting on her murderous intentions. It was far too late to go after.
As @darkstar105 illustrated, KA probably never went deeply into the spiritual side of yoga.

Instead, she could well have viewed yoga as another sub component of what Darkstar105 termed her "fitness" religion- right next to the cycling, the slim 'n trim figure it produces- and herbal remedies for colds.

As for surfing, though the sport may present itself as a way to get in touch with the ocean and to know ones place in it....

The actuality is that surfing can be extremely competitive with a good number of assaults directed at surfing rivals, as well as those who either violate, or are perceived to be violating rules of conduct.

Of course, the rules are not written down, subject to change and interpertation and like Covid, some people exempt themselves from their own rules. Then, factor in assaults targeting people for surfing a "claimed" beach.

Last edited:
She may for instance have been caught up trying to get a residency permit, which is required if you're planning on being there longer than 90 days.
I think it's just what was normal for her was likely natural and gave some comfort in a time where all else in her life is haywire. Also- a lot of western folks do yoga for the physical aspects only. Since she was a teacher, guessing it was more for her than that. Maybe she thought if she taught on the lam eventually it would weigh out the karmic debt of taking someone's life?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, all 100% true. She was probably going to have Christine furtively visit. Only she was apprehended…..a rude awakening.
The thing is, it would be really hard to have her sister visit if you'd stolen her passport. I mean, your sister would need a passport?

This is one reason why I don't think she used her sister's passport: she would've wanted too much for her sister to come and visit.

I quit yoga classes when all these very young women started showing up, dressed head to toe in Lululemon.

IMO, anything that becomes so intensely part of the social scene of such young women is naturally going to be shallow, because a. most of them follow the latest fashion, not yet having self-knowledge and b. they're preoccupied with their comparative attractiveness to potential mates.

How this relates to KA, to me, is that, although she should have grown out of it, probably she's still deeply insecure, and still comparing herself to other women. So, her sense of identity may be completely invested in her hair, her looks, her yoga credentials, her alleged financial success, her cool boyfriend. Likely narcissistic, image is everything.. Mirror, mirror, on the wall. So, what someone like that can't endure is a woman who doesn't care about those things, has things that she doesn't have, and is apparently more attractive to her mate than she is.

JMO
Like you say here, having the “cool boyfriend” (maybe even a guy who is hypothetically an insensitive jerk gets a major glow up from being a name in a niche sport and having a Red Bull endorsement and being a micro celeb in certain Austin circles) would be like catnip to the shallow and competitive woman IMO KA is…(remember in her realtor bio she described herself as tenacious and competitive).

Apart from MW’s personal qualities and looking likely to become the best female athlete in gravel cycling, I bet the age difference (8-9 years) between MW and KA also stuck in the proverbial craw. Could have been a major narcissistic image blow to a certain personality type not to be able to “control” that situation to her liking.

RSBM.
IMO he had no idea She was ”off her head with Jealousy”, at least when he gave her the gun. Unless he was suicidal, since quite off jealous killers don’t stop with the other man or woman.
Right- she told a friend (anon tipper) she wanted to kill her. CS didn't necessarily hear that. And the person at the time likely thought it was just an expression and not a real threat. People say she "snapped" but that's also a long time to live with the knowledge he dated someone else- from January to killing her in May. Guessing the weight of her bf's continuing dishonesty & misleading behavior (he seems to have told the two women different stories) really weighed on her but it's bizarre to me that she took it out on the other woman--who she had no relationship with & no agreement/trust- and not on the dingleberry she lived with for 3 yrs. Not that he at all deserved any kind of violence. People behave badly in intimate relationships- he probably told himself he was protecting her by not being honest about spending time with Mo, and he probably wanted to keep the friendship/possibility of relationship with Mo going for his own ego and biking relationships.

I believe they have cell phone pings immediately after he dropped Mo off showing his communication w/Kaitlin & presumably his location. I recall in early articles they seemed to have his location. Seems like it's all a a pretty tight timeline. Has it been released how the person got inside. According the the friend who lived there I believe she said it's a digital lock that automatically locks.

It's not a question of it not being thorough, just they have so far shown inconclusive evidence but have a motive. That same evidence could also be spun where KA would only have to shown she isn't the only one with a possible motive. I hope there's more conclusive evidence but so far the videos just show who was in the area not actually showing who went inside MW's or for how long...if they have video actually showing who went inside that would be great, but in the published search warrants so far such evidence hasn't been mentioned. Also for this same reason I think DNA wouldn't be helpful short of actual skin under the fingernails as anything else can be explained by transferring, like MW road on the back of CS's motorcycle while presumably holding CS, which would provide an opportunity to pick up DNA belonging to both CS and KA without it meaning either went inside MW's because she sat where KA would have sat and touched clothing for an extended period. The evidence is what it is and it's not a matter of thoroughness, like it for instance would have been much better evidence wise if MW took her own vehicle rather than sitting where KA would sit and touching CS's clothing for at least half an hour and LE can't control where and how many cameras people put in or around their house. I for instance expect CS's DNA inside MW's due to extended touch transfer which doesn't mean CS went inside, but such evidence could be used by KA to raise reasonable doubt if she's willing to let her lawyer shade CS.
Respectfully, the information the police have publicly released is only a small portion of the total information they have uncovered. The Marshalls don't conduct a worldwide manhunt without very strong evidence to support such a manhunt. KA was not just a person of interest with questionable evidence against her. Furthermore, changing ID and fleeing to another country is clear consciousness of guilt.

I have never seen any LE department publicly release more than a tidbit of the total information gathered in an ongoing, active investigation. I'm always amazed, when cases like this go to trial, at the information LE had possessed the entire time.

As @darkstar105 illustrated, KA probably never went deeply into the spiritual side of yoga.

Instead, she could well have viewed yoga as another sub component of what Darkstar105 termed her "fitness" religion- right next to the cycling, the slim 'n trim figure it produces- and herbal remedies

I think this is exactly it. Especially with the rise of social media, you get a lot of students who just want to be able to 'do' the pose for instagram - standing on heads, looking perfect etc.

It's a real shame because that kind of attitude alienates people in a class, it puts them off because they can't 'do' the pose as it 'should' look. Actually it doesn't matter how it looks, the important thing is your body, your practice, your patience...

It's a shame yoga has been thrown into this at all as I don't think it's relevant.

I genuinely think she thought she was walking in on CS and MW. She is a scary woman.

Since she was a teacher, guessing it was more for her than that. Maybe she thought if she taught on the lam eventually it would weigh out the karmic debt of taking someone's life?
Like some practice yoga only for the physical benefits, some teachers may dilute or perhaps even edit out the spiritual side as well for various reasons.
'
One reason for dilution maybe the the teacher views yoga as a component of what @darkstar105 termed "fitness religion", where physical prowess- and associated figure, health, and natural this 'n that are combined into a vague self advancement "teaching".

Likewise, I once knew long term yoga teacher who was also an evangelical Christian. For her own religious purposes and those of her students, she emphasized that the spiritual components to yoga had been edited from her classes.

Last edited:
I think it's just what was normal for her was likely natural and gave some comfort in a time where all else in her life is haywire. Also- a lot of western folks do yoga for the physical aspects only. Since she was a teacher, guessing it was more for her than that. Maybe she thought if she taught on the lam eventually it would weigh out the karmic debt of taking someone's life?
Karmic debt? We have a name for where that is paid here in America. It's called prison.

Taking of a life is not a repayable offense in my worldview. In some cases there might be some mitigation factors in the taking of another's life. I don't think this case would ever fit such a scenario.

JMO

Yes, I understand. But what about:
P. 6 of the arrest warrant affidavit says "Strickland's statements have been corroborated through video surveillance and physical evidence." DocumentCloud

The thing is, it would be really hard to have her sister visit if you'd stolen her passport. I mean, your sister would need a passport?

This is one reason why I don't think she used her sister's passport: she would've wanted too much for her sister to come and visit
Yeah this is on my mind as well. I’m not ruling out that she didn’t use it, but I think if she did…then for her sister to visit her - her sister would have to admit that she didn’t have a passport and couldn’t get into Costa Rica without applying for a new one - which would be flagged I would think. Unless KA was going to mail the passport back to her sister once she settled into Costa Rica, but that’s a stretch in my mind because I would think that KA would want to hold onto to that passport if she needed to again flee. Hope this makes sense. My brain is fried trying to figure out how KA obtained a passport so quickly that mirrored her own image well enough to pass as legit.

Last edited:
Yes, I understand. But what about:
P. 6 of the arrest warrant affidavit says "Strickland's statements have been corroborated through video surveillance and physical evidence." DocumentCloud
I think some of us just stubbornly want to see that proof. We will not be not satisfied with the claims of the AA until we do.

It may be unreasonable, but that's my personal POV.

Not going to bring criticism of a non-suspect into the thread. But many people do have legitimate doubts and questions left unsatisfied at this time.

MOO

I used to say that KA was probably very much in sound mind when she killed MW. (Because her actions were purposeful). Then I remembered my experience of seeing a person who was doing a thing that required very purposeful, precise movements (try walking at a 4th story ledge in an apartment house at night; he had some plank for balance). A couple of people living in the house saw him, and they all thought he was probably planning to get into one of apartments and steal. But since me and my (now hubby) were the only two seeing his face (as he chose our apartment to try and get inside), we know it was not the face of a thief, it was the face of someone with, likely, some form of somnambulism. (Happy to pm details, it is a long story). This is why I started asking myself whether KA was a form of dissociative state during her attack (because who would not think of a door camera?). (People also asked, why not throwing the incriminating gun somewhere where it won’t be found).

However, it was typed yesterday morning, just posted in the evening. I didn’t see she was caught ( KA and murder of MW is not in major news, you have to specifically Google to find anything about her). So it was post factum, so to say, by mistake.

Now, seeing where she was apprehended, I wonder if she is merely horribly immature. Killing someone, traveling with the passport of “someone she resembles”, to a South American country, and getting into water yoga groups… of course she’d stick out, and worse, her choice of occupation shows that she had zero remorse.
The dissociative state + murder thing...we saw this in the Nancy Brophy trial about a month ago. A rebuttal psychologist had fantastic insight about this whole topic.It's pretty understanable even if you weren't following the trial.

BTW she also mentions that it's very common in homicide cases for the perp to claim dissociation.

From 2:25

From the beginning of the tape:

I think some of us just stubbornly want to see that proof. We will not be not satisfied with the claims of the AA until we do.

It may be unreasonable, but that's my personal POV.

Not going to bring criticism of a non-suspect into the thread. But many people do have legitimate doubts and questions left unsatisfied at this time.

MOO
I agree. I have questions also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members