Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

It was in one of the earliest videos where CC clarified that DR did not reside in Lucin full-time and that he also worked for others when he'd return to Idaho after farming season. In the video, she confirmed his $30K payment for prior services was deposited, and there'd been no activity in DR's financial accounts since he'd gone missing.

I'm aware the former PI has muddied this issue, citing unverified amounts and sources, that should be treated as rumors on this thread.
Thank you! Didn't just want to take the PI's word for it for obvious reasons.

Agree that it makes most sense in terms of looking closeby the site of the disappearance for clues and/or suspicious... individuals. I just am having a hard time coming up with a reason for the relationship between these middle-aged men and DR, aside from proximity. I know some of them have worked for him or his family in the past, but it's hard to imagine a reason to want DR to be "disappeared"... but obviously there is so much not known to us at this point.
Motive has always been difficult here, as out of all the names we've heard mentioned, there's nothing solid.

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 Utah) – At least three people have now been questioned by authorities in the Dylan Rounds missing persons case.

All have criminal records. One was indicted on unrelated charges, the other is in custody on an outstanding warrant and the third remains a free man.

<snip>

And nightly, social media web sleuths are hosting podcasts that attract hundreds of callers, some from Dylan’s neighbors. On True Crime with Jess she interviewed Curtis Wadsworth who was friends with Dylan. He considered him a good friend.

“(Dylan’s) a hard-working young kid who had a dream and asked me to be involved in it,” Wadsworth said on the podcast. “(I worked) as a backhoe operator is all.”

Wadsworth lives in the town of Montello, Nevada about 30 miles from Lucin in Box Elder County. Dylan operated his own farm near Lucin. Wadsworth told listeners the 19-year-old would sometimes stay at his mobile trailer. He is angry that people are linking him to his disappearance.

“If you don’t have any faith in me that I know what I know, I am the one that is going to solve this thing,” he said. “I know everything about Dylan. They know absolutely nothing about Dylan’s life.”

But he appeared more interested in clearing his name than being concerned about Dylan’s disappearance. The host asked him if he wanted Dylan found.

“Nah, if nothing else just to rub people’s face in it,” he said. “I am going to get in their face. All of (his accusers).”

In federal court, James Brenner, a felon, was indicted for illegally having guns in his possession.

In their complaint, the FBI claimed he was “squatting in a trailer” on Dylan’s property. On the day Dylan was reported missing, he called a friend saying “he was putting the grain truck into shelter”

Roy Police searching for persons of interest in criminal mischief case
On another Youtube channel, a neighbor of Dylan’s claimed he notified the FBI after finding tire tracks that appeared to be Dylan’s. He also said a man who is currently in Custody in Davis County was stopped by authorities after he was seen carrying a rifle while walking on the road. It was two days before Dylan disappeared. And it’s the same man who Dylan met walking along the road and was bloody.

“From things that I’ve seen, I believe (*) did this,” T. Corbin said on the podcast. “I can’t mention things that I’ve seen and I am not going to but I believe (*) did this and it’s going to come out in the wash that (*) did this.”
According to court documents, this man in the Davis County jail is facing extradition to Montana for an outstanding warrant.

On June 8, he waived his right to a extradition hearing. A final review of the extradition is scheduled for July 8 in Davis County.

7/1/22

[..]

Meanwhile, the family of Dylan have issued a cease and desist order against James Terry, the private investigator hired by Dylan’s grandparents.

[..] see letter at link

Dylan’s mother said the letter was sent to two different emails associated with him but was not delivered because the address was not valid. In response, James Terry told ABC4 that he had not been served. He said he moves around the country and doesn’t have a valid email address.

“If you can’t find me, you can’t serve me,” Terry told ABC4.

7/1/22

[..]

Meanwhile, the family of Dylan have issued a cease and desist order against James Terry, the private investigator hired by Dylan’s grandparents.

[..] see letter at link

Dylan’s mother said the letter was sent to two different emails associated with him but was not delivered because the address was not valid. In response, James Terry told ABC4 that he had not been served. He said he moves around the country and doesn’t have a valid email address.

He's such a class act. These parents are desperate to find their missing son, and this is some sort of petty revenge game to him.

He's a publicity *advertiser censored*.

He's such a class act. These parents are desperate to find their missing son, and this is some sort of petty revenge game to him.

He's a publicity *advertiser censored*.
“If you don’t have any faith in me that I know what I know, I am the one that is going to solve this thing,” he said. “I know everything about Dylan. They know absolutely nothing about Dylan’s life.”
^^rsbm

That makes two. I'm not impressed by CW that knows everything and can solve this case so he can rub it in the faces of others, huh?

Given my observation of this population, motive can be a hangnail. JMO

^^rsbm

That makes two. I'm not impressed by CW that knows everything and can solve this case so he can rub it in the faces of others, huh?

Given my observation of this population, motive can be a hangnail. JMO
It's very bizarre, and not something I've seen before. If you're close enough to someone that you know all this stuff about him that everyone else doesn't know, then wouldn't you want him found because you care?

This guy just wants to shove it in everyone's face...

7/1/22

[..]

[..] see letter at link

What a jerk! IMO.
ETA: And that goes for CW as well.

Seems a pretty strange coincidence that Dylan picked up a guy w/o shoes...and now it looks like Dylan's only boots were "hidden". He told his parents he didn't give the guy a ride...but the stranger says he did?

Maybe he didn't want to worry his Mom about giving rides to strangers...but what if he was telling the truth...

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 Utah) – At least three people have now been questioned by authorities in the Dylan Rounds missing persons case.

All have criminal records. One was indicted on unrelated charges, the other is in custody on an outstanding warrant and the third remains a free man.

<snip>

And nightly, social media web sleuths are hosting podcasts that attract hundreds of callers, some from Dylan’s neighbors. On True Crime with Jess she interviewed Curtis Wadsworth who was friends with Dylan. He considered him a good friend.

“(Dylan’s) a hard-working young kid who had a dream and asked me to be involved in it,” Wadsworth said on the podcast. “(I worked) as a backhoe operator is all.”

Wadsworth lives in the town of Montello, Nevada about 30 miles from Lucin in Box Elder County. Dylan operated his own farm near Lucin. Wadsworth told listeners the 19-year-old would sometimes stay at his mobile trailer. He is angry that people are linking him to his disappearance.

But he appeared more interested in clearing his name than being concerned about Dylan’s disappearance. The host asked him if he wanted Dylan found.

“Nah, if nothing else just to rub people’s face in it,” he said. “I am going to get in their face. All of (his accusers).”

In federal court, James Brenner, a felon, was indicted for illegally having guns in his possession.

In their complaint, the FBI claimed he was “squatting in a trailer” on Dylan’s property. On the day Dylan was reported missing, he called a friend saying “he was putting the grain truck into shelter”

Roy Police searching for persons of interest in criminal mischief case
On another Youtube channel, a neighbor of Dylan’s claimed he notified the FBI after finding tire tracks that appeared to be Dylan’s. He also said a man who is currently in Custody in Davis County was stopped by authorities after he was seen carrying a rifle while walking on the road. It was two days before Dylan disappeared. And it’s the same man who Dylan met walking along the road and was bloody.

“From things that I’ve seen, I believe (*) did this,” T. Corbin said on the podcast. “I can’t mention things that I’ve seen and I am not going to but I believe (*) did this and it’s going to come out in the wash that (*) did this.”
According to court documents, this man in the Davis County jail is facing extradition to Montana for an outstanding warrant.

On June 8, he waived his right to a extradition hearing. A final review of the extradition is scheduled for July 8 in Davis County.

Well, this article makes it clear as mud. Seems we have a carousel of potential suspects and we watch them going in circles?

IMO whoever disappeared Dylan had his boots. And had knowledge of the burn pile -- and may have felt he had plenty of time to burn all kinds of things in that burn pile, only Dylan was as predictable as a chicken and a road and his family was well-aware, leading them to take notice of Dylan's out of character lack of communication, sounding the alarm early and loudly, preventing his disappearer from additional clean up and staging.

I think Dylan was accosted before he could shelter the seed truck. And whoever did do it knew it needed to be done (or the seed would be ruined) and did it, but not before the rain saturated the field, causing the heavy truck to leave deep ruts.

IMO whoever disappeared Dylan knew where to find him. Knew where the power washer was. Knew where Dylan's truck was, knew Dylan had a gun, knew where he kept it.

My theory: Dylan was disappeared very shortly after his phone call with his gma. And later, all that remained was to powerwash the truck, retrieve Dylan's gun, relocate his keys, power down his cellphone, and chuck his leftover boots behind the burn pile. (Where he likely would've orchestrated the bonfire, if Dylan's family hadn't started looking for him so quickly.)

Saddest outcome for Dylan's family.

Little consolation but I think an arrest is imminent.

JMO

Last edited:
It’s weird how publicly the rumors are on this case. Usually you have to poke around on FB and Reddit or in the olden day topix to find out what locals were saying. Here we have msm feeding us rumors and drama from every which way.

Seems a pretty strange coincidence that Dylan picked up a guy w/o shoes...and now it looks like Dylan's only boots were "hidden". He told his parents he didn't give the guy a ride...but the stranger says he did?

Maybe he didn't want to worry his Mom about giving rides to strangers...but what if he was telling the truth...
Or maybe he said Dylan gave him a ride to cover himself in case his DNA is found in Dylan's truck.

I agree that there is no evidence of his involvement. His arrest is not for anything connected to Dylan, that we know of.

And I agree that there are many others that are possible suspects because of past criminal history and basic sketchiness. Too many possibilities to choose from, for sure.

But there are a couple of things that make me look at Jim sideways.

---He came to do a wellness check. How many times have we seen the perp in that position? Reminds me of a few cases, like Chase Merritt in the McStay family case, as one example.

---He was reportedly fired by Dylan recently, which could be a cause for some resentment between them.

---He is a squatter and is likely in need of money. This could have been a robbery in some way that we don't know about yet?

---There was a report of his recent assault on an elderly victim which showed his temper and his violent tendencies.

---He is staying RIGHT THERE on the edge of property. Talk about opportunity. And he had a way to see what was going on with Dylan without being noticed. And to know when no one else was around.

---Dylan's last known destination seemed to be right near Jim's camper. And the late afternoon cell ping location was still possibly in that same area.

---He was perfect candidate for someone who could/would use the power washer. I think the only people who would have used that power washer were ex-employees or close friends/family, who would know it was there, how to hook to the retention pond, and who would feel comfortable staying around on the property for so long. A neighbour/ex employee fits that bill perfectly.

He may not be the perpetrator but he checks a lot of the boxes, imo.
I personally believe the FBI has their man. And bringing them in on any charge (guns) to get them to talk is their point…

I hope a status changes to POI shortly.

The FBI is connecting the dots however slow…l keep the faith they will solve this soon.

All my opinion.

Last edited:
I’d like the FBI to assist in locating him and charge him for impeding a search. I bet he could be located in a flash.
well id say the FBI has probably checked him out in some kind of way and knows hes just a waste of time to bother with...if he really had some kind of info that "PI" has already told them everything. YT has caused alot of drama and rumors so who knows

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
And_Justice_For_All
Back