KY - Kathryn McCoy, 20, charged in death of newborn, Louisville, 24 Oct 2007

Reb to answer your question. i think most here know what I ment by my comment, sorry you dont.

That is the thing she will be aloud to have another baby when she get out of jail. This should never be able to happen a second time. They should lock her up and through away the key!!! She dosent deserve a second chance but she will get it when she could have gave a loving mother a second chance to love and care for her baby!!! We need to make are laws more strict!!!
So true!! My moms best friends daughter has AIDS. She is a hooker and keeps popping out babies. Now what i want to know is where are these babies rights. Take out her baby maker to save the lives of these kids. Luckly none of them have tested positive, but how is it right? She is putting their lives at risk because she wants to make a quick buck. It just angers me that people like this is allowed to have babies. Oh I know we are the land of the free and so on, but it isnt right!

So true!! My moms best friends daughter has AIDS. She is a hooker and keeps popping out babies. Now what i want to know is where are these babies rights. Take out her baby maker to save the lives of these kids. Luckly none of them have tested positive, but how is it right? She is putting their lives at risk because she wants to make a quick buck. It just angers me that people like this is allowed to have babies. Oh I know we are the land of the free and so on, but it isnt right!
does that girl let the johns know she has AIDS? I am only asking cause if she is getting pregnant she's not using protection and I think that could be a crime by purposely spreading a fatal disease.
http://www.studyworld.com/basementpapers/papers/stack11_3.html
http://megalaw.com/top/aids.php

What a *advertiser censored*. Her reputation and her life were so much more important than that little girl's. She should have used birth control if she didn't want a child to "ruin" her life.

I think when young women do something like this they should automatically have a hysterectomy so they never have another child (whether they grow up and want one or not).
-----------------------

I agree. I was just sitting here thinking I hope she never has another child.I hope she lives with this the rest of her life.She does not deserve children.We buried both of ours,one as a baby and one as an adult.Someone would have been in Heaven to have that baby girl!!

http://wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=7271136

A college sophomore from Indiana charged with murder in the death of her newborn daughter has posted bond.
Judge Paula Fitzgerald set the $50,000 bond Friday morning for 19-year-old Kathyrn "Katie" McCoy, a student at Bellarmine University in Louisville.

and

Since 2000, Indiana has had a "safe haven" law in force, which means that anyone can abandon an infant under 45 days old with any emergency medical services provider with no questions asked. The secrecy of the mother's identity is assured, and she will not be prosecuted for abandonment or neglect if she acts within 45 days of birth and if the baby is not harmed. Kentucky has a similar law, meaning that McCoy could have given up the infant at any hospital, police or fire station.

The autopsy further showed that the infant was at or near term. It goes on to say her death is consistent with drowning.
------------------------
Ohio also has the Safe Haven law.

does that girl let the johns know she has AIDS? I am only asking cause if she is getting pregnant she's not using protection and I think that could be a crime by purposely spreading a fatal disease.
http://www.studyworld.com/basementpapers/papers/stack11_3.html
http://megalaw.com/top/aids.php
No she doesnt and NO ONE will do anything about it. So sad!! I think it is a crime as well, but she is still out on the street selling her AIDS. Pizzes me off beyond any words I can write here!

And even though I am as pro life as it gets, she could have made the decision to have an abortion as well.....

It could have been too late for an abortion when she found out she was pregnant.

Not knowing this young girl's situation, I still have a great deal of empathy for her. I wish she had taken advantage of the safe haven laws, but someone who would hide a pregnancy for 9 months and then deliver a baby solo probably doesn't want anyone to know she was ever pregnant.

It's a very sad situation any way you look at it.

Well said SCM!

It could have been too late for an abortion when she found out she was pregnant.

Not knowing this young girl's situation, I still have a great deal of empathy for her. I wish she had taken advantage of the safe haven laws, but someone who would hide a pregnancy for 9 months and then deliver a baby solo probably doesn't want anyone to know she was ever pregnant.

Good post. Empathy is the key word. . .or walk a mile in her shoes. Who knows?

Good post. Empathy is the key word. . .or walk a mile in her shoes. Who knows?

Very kind of you-and I am trying for empathy...I am really trying. But her full term baby died by drowning. In a toilet. I can't get back the complete desolation of this moment. From one whose body has been ripped to shreds giving birth to three beauties....how do you not reach down and pull her out?

Very kind of you-and I am trying for empathy...I am really trying. But her full term baby died by drowning. In a toilet. I can't get back the complete desolation of this moment. From one whose body has been ripped to shreds giving birth to three beauties....how do you not reach down and pull her out?

I'm assuming your 3 pregnancies were wanted. Who knows how someone in her situation feels? Perhaps it didn't seem real to her at all. I'm one of those women who did not have instant bonding with my newborns (and they were both very wanted), so I can understand that detachment.

Not making excuses for her, but - as AfterMidnight posted - I haven't walked a mile in her shoes. Thank God!

Actually my pregnancies were very loaded situations for reasons I won't discuss here right now, but as compassionate a person I am, this one is a stretch for me. I understand lack of bonding, but this crosses the line. And since it is hard to believe in this day and age she didn't realize she was pregnant early on, she had a choice to terminate prior to drowning her child in a toilet. I look forward to further information as to what caused her to feel this was her best option, and I appreciate that you are a kinder person than myself.

Actually my pregnancies were very loaded situations for reasons I won't discuss here right now, but as compassionate a person I am, this one is a stretch for me. I understand lack of bonding, but this crosses the line. And since it is hard to believe in this day and age she didn't realize she was pregnant early on, she had a choice to terminate prior to drowning her child in a toilet. I look forward to further information as to what caused her to feel this was her best option, and I appreciate that you are a kinder person than myself.

Are we SURE she drowned the baby in the toilet? I do know of cases where the mother felt an urge to use the toilet and the baby just fell out into the water. The ones I heard about did live (one happened in a hospital), but maybe she hadn't/didn't clear the airways and then the water, and maybe the baby did drown accidentally?

I'm stretching here, but society can be so cold and unforgiving, especially to a young woman who made a mistake - the same mistake millions have made before her but refuse to admit to. There's nothing more cruel than a reformed character.

Every time a child is killed by a mother, it's a sad situation. My heart always goes out to the mother as well as the child, because I don't know what drove her to do what she did.

here is the text from the investigation as it stands:

"Investigators say McCoy delivered the baby girl in secret, locked in her dorm bathroom. She reportedly let the newborn fall into the toilet and then dumped its body in the trash, down the hall. A roommate found the baby and called 911.
Upon her knowing the police had been called, she again attempted to conceal the birth of this child by placing it in a bag and then in one of her personal gym bags and placed it in her dorm room. The autopsy shows the baby girl was born alive. She was at or near term. It goes on to say her death is consistent with drowning."

here is the text from the investigation as it stands:

"Investigators say McCoy delivered the baby girl in secret, locked in her dorm bathroom. She reportedly let the newborn fall into the toilet and then dumped its body in the trash, down the hall. A roommate found the baby and called 911.
Upon her knowing the police had been called, she again attempted to conceal the birth of this child by placing it in a bag and then in one of her personal gym bags and placed it in her dorm room. The autopsy shows the baby girl was born alive. She was at or near term. It goes on to say her death is consistent with drowning."

If this was an accidental drowning, the mother a) would've summoned help for her baby, and b) wouldn't have thrown her in the trash or hidden her in a bag.

Not just once, but twice did she attempt to conceal the child's body. The paramedics had to hunt for the baby's body, which rendered aid useless, not that it wasn't already. The second time around, she double bagged her child's body. It's going to be hard to argue that she had no idea what she was doing....I think she just decided to ignore the pregnancy-to pretend it wasn't happening, and when it came time to give birth her decision had already had been made. She was just going to erase the presence of the baby....it was too big to flush away however. So very, very sad.

Someone that could do something like this has issues and she is not right she needs to be locked up. They should have considered that when the set bail.

Okay so I thought about what ya'll said about walking a mile in her shoes and all, all day. And while I give you kudos for being able to believe this I just cant. There are too many resourses avalible for her NOT to murder her baby. While it will never happen, she deserves death IMO. Anyone who can hurt Babies, Elderly, and Pets are differant than most IMO. Again I give ya'll BIG kudos for being able to think that way, wish I could sometimes. Might make it easier to deal with all of this!

If she's convicted, I hope they make the punishment fit the crime. IMO Brian Peterson and Amy Grossberg didn't do nearly enough time for murdering their son.

I have no sympathy for her...only the baby. She wasn't 14 and hiding a pregnancy...she is an adult that is sexually active and KNOWS the result of copulation under the right circumstances. I hope she rots in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back