Dark Haired Woman/beige shirt

Hmm...She may be Hispanic, or Italian, possibly? She's very pretty, and looking again at the photo of her laughing, I think she is maybe 16 or 17, if that. How common would it have been to have braces, and such nice clothing/accessories and have been undocumented in the late 60s-70s? She may be foreign, but looks like an upper middle class teenager to me.
Not Italian imo. If you check out Namus you'll notice just a handful of Hispanics missing 8n the 60s and 70s. I wonder if discrimination amongst other things may have contributed.

Yes I agree that the braces indicate a certain level of wealth. But how were insurances back then? Btw Alcala worked in 1969 at Blue shield insurance in NYC. Same employer the Torso Killer worked for since 1966.

I'm not familiar with the Torso Killer, but that is a creepy coincidence.

She might be someone who was reported missing, and removed from the system at 18 too. i.e. reported locally wherever she was from, and then nothing more.

Her top looks expensive to me. Say if it was modern, it looks more the quality of Nordstrom, Nieman Marcus rather than Old Navy. I may be incorrect, so perhaps someone a little older will chime in.

This might be a clue. Way to much visible for my taste. Three sequences, first is letters and second two are numbers. You need to look at the pic upside down. My attachment is already rotated 90 degrees. Imo it's written on paper that's underneath a magazine. We see the back of the magazine. That red square might just say Holiday Inn but who knows.

I see:

W??WAY
???

? means that I can't tell.

I think it's an address. I noticed that the characters don't seem to follow the arching of the paper. I wonder if this has been written on the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_20220621_191538.jpg
    IMG_20220621_191538.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 12
Per Alcala's book, a statement done by the prosecutor about the earring. It was a screw back. Btw on further inspection the earring is not stuck in her hair but attached to the hole in her earlobe with a very thin string.

Could this have been somebody else's earring?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-25-18-22-46-389_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-25-18-22-46-389_com.android.chrome.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 5
Hmm....I thought it was stuck in her hair, so I'm really not sure now. It does look like the same earring, but anything is possible?

I find it interesting in the screenshot you posted they refer to it as a screw back that is not an earring at all? Perhaps the "screwback" piece is actually where it attached to the piece of wire that danged from her ear, and the earring back shown in the photos goes with a different post earring? see my screenshot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 1.13.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 1.13.35 PM.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 3
OK, I rotated the earring. At the top, I added an arrow where I think there may be a wire hoop where a hook would connect for a drop earring. I've made earrings myself--nothing fancy, just basic wire wrapping--but this looks like a possible loop to me. (Just search online for how to make easy drop/dangle earrings if this isn't clear.) I think someone just stuck an earring back beside the earring of same color, etc.

Attachments

• earring.png
    earring.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
OK, I rotated the earring. At the top, I added an arrow where I think there may be a wire hoop where a hook would connect for a drop earring. I've made earrings myself--nothing fancy, just basic wire wrapping--but this looks like a possible loop to me. (Just search online for how to make easy drop/dangle earrings if this isn't clear.) I think someone just stuck an earring back beside the earring of same color, etc.
Exactly this.

Hmm....I thought it was stuck in her hair, so I'm really not sure now. It does look like the same earring, but anything is possible?

I find it interesting in the screenshot you posted they refer to it as a screw back that is not an earring at all? Perhaps the "screwback" piece is actually where it attached to the piece of wire that danged from her ear, and the earring back shown in the photos goes with a different post earring? see my screenshot
He says a screw back that's not a pierced earring.

Lol. This dude was a first class liar. His sisters also lied for him. See top of screen print.

One sister let him ......babysit her children. Not in this screen print btw. Holy moly.

14 Feb 1979 was when he assaulted Monique Hoyt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-26-16-20-20-883_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-26-16-20-20-883_com.android.chrome.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 6
Print screens from documentary. She was wearing the earring which is indeed a screw back earring. Why he attached a string (fishing line?) to it and through her pierced ear is beyond me (see one of my previous posts). Also why no shot of the other ear? I surmise it wasn't her earring to begin with. And he had only one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-29-18-32-38-657_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-29-18-32-38-657_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220703_110816.jpg
    IMG_20220703_110816.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2022-06-30-16-23-19-172_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-30-16-23-19-172_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 12
That was a good idea to do screengrabs from the documentary @Daphne1972

I think she looks more "late 1960s" in the screengrab, especially her hairstyle, the way it is curled and slips upright. (I had not seen this exact image previously) Possibly even mid 60s. The poet shirt/Mexican shirt was a trend too then, I believe.

One thing about the earring. There does seem to be a loop/wire/something if you increase it and look. It isn't a typical straight post. See?

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 3.23.17 PM.png

As an aside, Google image search exists....there should be an app of some sort to run photos like this through for solving crimes. Perhaps there is?

Print screens from documentary. She was wearing the earring which is indeed a screw back earring. Why he attached a string (fishing line?) to it and through her pierced ear is beyond me (see one of my previous posts). Also why no shot of the other ear? I surmise it wasn't her earring to begin with. And he had only one.
I've not seen that particular picture before. It tends to confirm my theory that the parallel red horizontal lines across her neck in another photo are indeed choke marks and not the shadow of hairs or any other feature. Why then is she smiling?

Attachments

• 01561-those marks.jpg
    01561-those marks.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 7
Hmmm...maybe she was forced? It seems genuine, but a threat?

I'm confused by her teeth now. I am playing around with images, and the braces are no longer visible. They did not have clear ones then, did they???? I do not remember anyone in the late 70s or 80s with clear braces. Look:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 4.11.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 4.11.11 PM.png
    264.9 KB · Views: 3
And the earrings look like they had another piece, or maybe she had double piercings?

I'm wondering too if she was quite young and what seems like braces was some other sort of orthodontia? What is this wire in the crop around the earring. Did he remove her braces??
Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 4.10.28 PM.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back