TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you ... so they had a relationship break in October, he met the cyclist, he bought the gun at his girlfriend's request in Nov or Dec.

In January she told someone that she wanted to kill the woman he met when they took a break. In May, she shot that woman with gun she asked her boyfriend to buy.
My guess is that in January KA didn't just find out about the supposed "one week" relationship in October, but found out that CS was still texting, seeing, or in non-platonic contact with Mo. Who thought she was still dating CS at that time, so I think he was playing them both. I mean it's psycho in general to say you want to kill someone for being with your boyfriend, but I don't think for one second this was about a "one week" relationship while "they were on a break." I think in January KA found out about Mo and that they were still in regular contact. And I think CS had neglected to tell Mo he had gotten back together with KA. I think he was playing them both. imo.

Investigators searched Wilson’s phone and found a message Mo had sent to CS in January:

“Hey! Sooo I would like to talk to you at some point,” it read. “I had originally texted you on Friday but [it] appears my texts aren’t going through again. This weekend was strange for me and I just want to know what’s going on. If you just want to be friends (seems to be the case) then that’s cool, but I’d like to talk about it cause honestly my mind has been going [in] circles and I don’t know what to think.”

Strickland replied the next day, writing, “Hey Mo—I feel very for putting you in a position where you don’t feel comfortable. Kaitlin came along the [sic] go to a meeting about the sprinter/spartan hotel project. In hindsight, this was not a good idea.”

Based on this exchange, Wilson “appeared under the impression she was still in a romantic relationship with Strickland even though he was currently dating Armstrong,” the affidavit states.

CS' statements do not match the affidavit at all. And he continued to lie - he went and saw Mo the day of the murder, then immediately texted KA, lying as to where he was to cover it up, and asked about dinner.

On the way home, Strickland stopped and sent Armstrong a text message, lying about where he had been, the affidavit states. “Hey! Are you out?” he wrote. “I went to drop some flowers for Alison at her son’s house up north and my phone died. Heading home unless you have another food suggestion.”

He was lying and manipulating and playing them both, and I think KA lost it and killed that poor girl. I'm so sad for Mo who did not deserve to die that way. I don't feel sorry for KA and I don't think she should get any leniency for her actions. But I think any guy who lies, deceives, manipulates, cheats, and then gaslights when confronted, who plays and uses another person for sport or their own ego, is pretty despicable and causes emotional harm and injury. In this case, it may have kicked off a chain of events that led to a disturbing, tragic outcome bc he had a girlfriend who was off her rocker.

Attachments

• KA.jpg
    KA.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 14
I think Austin. I cant find her under federal or Travis county custody just yet.

Booked into Harris County Jail as of early a.m. 7/3

KAITLIN MARIE ARMSTRONG​

Custody Record
Age34
GenderFemale
RaceWhite

Ethnicity Non-Hispanic
Date of Birth Nov **, ****
ID Number0314****
Custody Status Date Jul 03, 2022 12:21 AM CDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Harris County Jail
Book Date Jul 03, 2022 12:03 AM CDT

701 N San Jacinto St
Houston, TX 77002
(713) 755-5000

She’s in the Harris County Jail. No mugshot just yet.

Jinx!!

I think it odd that the HCSO site shows a bond amount at $3.5 Could she have had a bond hearing already??

Last edited:
Likely in NY before she went to Newark and used her sisters passport so she could match the photo better. I also think she cut it herself but angled on purpose so she could keep the front in her face to further disguise herself at airport, on plane, in Costa Rica. Hide her face with hair, masks and finally surgery.
I disagree. KA didn't travel to Costa Rica on her sister's pp -- she would have been caught much earlier. Also, KA was only in NY for 3 days before departing Newark. MOO

I disagree. KA didn't travel to Costa Rica on her sister's pp -- she would have been caught much earlier. Also, KA was only in NY for 3 days before departing Newark. MOO
The US Marshals said she traveled under someone else’s valid passport fraudulently, and that she resembled this woman. Then Inside Edition showed Christine Armstrong’s passport was in the locker at the hostel she stayed in. She used her sister’s passport.

I initially thought flying on her sister's passport would be way too obvious, but considering that they found the sister's passport in the Costa Rica hostel and reading between the lines of the press conference, it sounds like she really might have. They said it was a legitimate passport, but used fraudulently - aka it wasn't hers. Do you think she got yet another person's passport? I would think if she used another person's passport, she would have given that name when questioned by the police in Costa Rica. Instead she gave a name that didn't match any name entering the country. (Maybe the "Arie" yoga teacher name.) When told it didn't match, I think she gave her real last name - which I think probably was the name on the passport used to enter the country. jmo. Hopefully more details come out this week when she makes her court appearance. I wonder if the sister ends up getting charged. KA was in possession of the sister's passport regardless, although I suppose they both could say KA took it without the sister's knowledge.

You definitely have a point. Last name Armstrong would have been on the passenger list and LE would have followed up with anyone with that last name and been on her trail sooner. And perhaps they did know but did not release that info so she would assume she was “safe” in Costa Rica while they looked to see exactly where she was. It seems LE was always a bit of step behind her. Anyway, I’m not sure why in articles they keep mentioning that KA used a passport of someone that looked like her and it was a valid passport but used fraudulently. It all points to CA passport. I think we will find out soon enough. If it was CA’s, did she give it willingly or was it stolen? It sounds like the sisters did spend a few days together in NY.

I’m wracking my brain, trying to think of cases where someone got a high powered attorney and was still found guilty by a jury. Anybody know one?

Let’s hope the forensic evidence against her is very strong.
The other somewhat high profile case I know of is the Lululemon murder in Bethesda, MD in 2011. The convicted killer Brittany Norwood was found guilty by the jury, even though she had a high powered criminal defense attorney. At the time, her defense attorney Douglas Wood was one of the top criminal defense lawyers in the D.C. metropolitan area. Since entering the private practice sector in 1985, Wood had defended over 75 people accused of homicide. Of those cases, he had won about 50.

The jury delivered a guilty verdict in less than one hour. There was even a defense attorney on the jury. It was as fair and open minded of a jury as she could have gotten - and they still found her guilty.

I initially thought flying on her sister's passport would be way too obvious, but considering that they found the sister's passport in the Costa Rica hostel and reading between the lines of the press conference, it sounds like she really might have. They said it was a legitimate passport, but used fraudulently - aka it wasn't hers. Do you think she got yet another person's passport? I would think if she used another person's passport, she would have given that name when questioned by the police in Costa Rica. Instead she gave a name that didn't match any name entering the country. (Maybe the "Arie" yoga teacher name.) When told it didn't match, I think she gave her real last name - which I think probably was the name on the passport used to enter the country. jmo. Hopefully more details come out this week when she makes her court appearance. I wonder if the sister ends up getting charged. KA was in possession of the sister's passport regardless, although I suppose they both could say KA took it without the sister's knowledge.
<modsnip> I don’t see how KA could have taken CA passport without her knowledge though. I keep my passport in a safe spot. Neither of my siblings would ever know where that is. I think most people keep it accessible but mostly hidden, in a spot that you really would need to ransack a house to find. If that was the case, the sister would know someone went through her things and that her passport was “stolen”. Maybe she did report this and maybe she was cooperating. I’m sure LE was tracking her family and especially the sister since she was in NY where KA initially flew out to.

Last edited by a moderator:
If she did not fly to Costa Rica on her sister's passport, she had to have flown on her own, and we know she did not do that, per manifests checked by LE. When captured, she had two passports in her possession, both shown in an interview on Inside Edition, one was her own, the other was her sister's. LE also confirmed she fraudulently used a legitimate passport of someone who strongly resembled her. That leaves very little room for doubt, as to whose passport it was. JMO

The other somewhat high profile case I know of is the Lululemon murder in Bethesda, MD in 2011. The convicted killer Brittany Norwood was found guilty by the jury, even though she had a high powered criminal defense attorney. At the time, her defense attorney Douglas Wood was one of the top criminal defense lawyers in the D.C. metropolitan area. Since entering the private practice sector in 1985, Wood had defended over 75 people accused of homicide. Of those cases, he had won about 50.

The jury delivered a guilty verdict in less than one hour. There was even a defense attorney on the jury. It was as fair and open minded of a jury as she could have gotten - and they still found her guilty.
Thanks for this!

The US Marshals said she traveled under someone else’s valid passport fraudulently, and that she resembled this woman. Then Inside Edition showed Christine Armstrong’s passport was in the locker at the hostel she stayed in. She used her sister’s passport.
I'm not saying KA didn't have her sister's pp in her possession, I'm saying this was not the identity she flew under and/or her ticket purchased. This person's identity has not been released. Reference the US Marshall presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea