TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying KA didn't have her sister's pp in her possession, I'm saying this was not the identity she flew under and/or her ticket purchased. This person's identity has not been released. Reference the US Marshall presser.
Respectfully, the person's identity that she flew under has not been released, as you said. That does not mean it isn't her sister. The Marshal did not name her sister, or anyone else, at all, just stated that she used the passport of someone who she strongly resembled. But we KNOW that she had her sister's passport in her possession, because we saw it on tv, along with one other, her own. If she had a third passport, the one that she had used, where is it?? It hardly seems likely that she would have disposed of the very one she had been successful in using. I am pretty sure we will learn that it in fact was her sister's passport that she used to get to Costa Rica. JMO

Last edited:
Respectfully, the person's identity that she flew under has not been released, as you said. That does not mean it isn't her sister. The Marshal did not name her sister, or anyone else, at all, just stated that she used the passport of someone who she strongly resembled. But we KNOW that she had her sister's passport in her possession, because we saw it on tv, along with one other, her own. If she had a third passport, the one that she had used, where is it?? It hardly seems likely that she would have disposed of the very one she had been successful in using. I am pretty sure we will learn that it in fact was her sister's passport that she used to get to Costa Rica. JMO
And the fact that the US Marshals said it was someone whom Kaitlin “strongly resembled”. How many passports of people who look similar to did she have quick access to between May 17-18? She was with Christine.

The gun that was used in the crime, who was it registered to? Because isn't it a crime in the state of Texas to give a person that is charged with a crime possession?
I looked up TX gun laws yesterday and one site said you can gift a gun, and the recipient does not have to register it. It's also possible CS didn't know about her botox payment evasion.
Edited to add my source - a law firm's site: Basics of Gun Ownership in Texas

I like your style. Stress consuming wine and cake until she is unrecognizable. Unfortunately, I think she is too vain for that, which is why it would have been the perfect disguise. But god forbid anyone see her with a muffin top, as KA or CA or anyone else…

I think this whole case revolves around her extreme vanity.

“Mirror mirror on the wall, who is fairest (in CS’ eyes) of them all?”

“You but MW is definitely on the periphery.”

“Nooooooo! I am the fairest without compare. I’m gonna get her so I can still be A number 1.”

The Evil Queen liked to disguise herself as other people, too.
That’s what I think, too: that “the whole case revolves around vanity”. I’ll bet she orients herself about the way she looks, and this has dictated many of her choices in life, including on the run.

The choices are stereotypical, I would guess, and reflect exceptionalism and entitlement. They likely reflect competitiveness, too, since she seems to have that streak in other aspects of her life (e.g. biking).

Here are some imagined responses to poster ideas about what she could have done differently:

Of course I couldn’t flee to Nicaragua! What’s cool about that?
Of course, I can’t cut my hair off in a way that would really disguise myself. Ewww, pixie, how totally uncool.
Of course, I can’t go for the cheap blond look. That would be just so average, like every other woman on the beach.
Of course, I can’t make myself unrecognizable by putting on weight. That would be gross. Skinny with no space between your thighs is very exceptional.
Of course, I’d get a yoga life. I’m elite with my skills. Everyone will envy me, my body, my talent. Dream life. I’ll be a yoga goddess.
Of course, I need plastic surgery. A girl’s gotta look perfect. It’s a great use of my money.

I looked up TX gun laws yesterday and one site said you can gift a gun, and the recipient does not have to register it. It's also possible CS didn't know about her botox payment evasion.
Edited to add my source - a law firm's site: Basics of Gun Ownership in Texas
It’s very possible she didn’t want to tell him. My question is, why didn’t they ever pick her up on that warrant? Why did they just let it sit, until May 11, 2022?

When KA was confronted by officials in CR, did she supply any identification? Might she have had a third passport, which then CR would have confiscated? The passport she traveled with. Leaving the two related passports in her locker....

Just a thought

In The Sun interview though I took CS to be indicating that he ended the relationship with KA (vs a mutual break).

He exclusively told The Sun: "I had ended the relationship with Kaitlin and it was just interesting timing because Mo had come to Austin to visit a friend that exact week.

"It was completely unplanned and yeah, we started spending some time together.

"That was clearly expressed to Kaitlin at that time and Kaitlin dated other men directly after that.

"We were clearly going our separate ways but we just didn't get enough inertia to separate. Kaitlin and I were involved in several businesses together.

"Mo and I communicated about twice a month (after that) and I think it was skewed in a very misleading way in the affidavit."

I don't think it is clear that CS is saying that he is the one who ended the relationship, given this quote. It could be read differently, which is how I read it, that he is simply stating that he wasn't in a relationship with KA at that time.

He says that it was made "perfectly clear" to KA that he was dating other women during the break up. But it doesn't seem that he made it "perfectly clear" to MW that he was back in a relationship with KA, given the text exchange we saw between MW and CS.

I don't think this guy will have an easy time on the stand during KA's trial. He won't be able to go into hiding or tell everyone to **** off when he doesn't like the questioning.

I see on KA's lawyer's website that there are a number of female attorneys who also practice at his law firm. I think they will be involved strategically in the trial, as will the men.

I’m wracking my brain, trying to think of cases where someone got a high powered attorney and was still found guilty by a jury. Anybody know one?

Let’s hope the forensic evidence against her is very strong.
Nancy Brophy, last month. Her husband was a well-known chef. There was video evidence that she was right outside the building when it happened. She practiced shooting a gun. Envy was a factor.

NB is several decades older than KA, but the evidence, rage, surprise, entitlement, living over her means, narcissism, never being held accountable, are common features, as is community respect for the victim.

It might be harder to get away with murder if your victim is beloved by the community, well-known, and has caché.

Not to mention, we have a battle of the pretties. If the victim were ugly or average in any way, we might have a different result. This will add to KA’s difficulties in getting an acquittal IMO. We have an angel pretty (MW) and a villain pretty (KA).

And then there’s the competitive pretty. I think MW would win in this category.

Last edited:
If she had three passports, is it possible that, in addition to hers and her sisters, she had the victim's and that that only came to light recently, when inventorying the victim's known belongings?

JMO

I initially thought flying on her sister's passport would be way too obvious, but considering that they found the sister's passport in the Costa Rica hostel and reading between the lines of the press conference, it sounds like she really might have. They said it was a legitimate passport, but used fraudulently - aka it wasn't hers. Do you think she got yet another person's passport? I would think if she used another person's passport, she would have given that name when questioned by the police in Costa Rica. Instead she gave a name that didn't match any name entering the country. (Maybe the "Arie" yoga teacher name.) When told it didn't match, I think she gave her real last name - which I think probably was the name on the passport used to enter the country. jmo. Hopefully more details come out this week when she makes her court appearance. I wonder if the sister ends up getting charged. KA was in possession of the sister's passport regardless, although I suppose they both could say KA took it without the sister's knowledge.
CR would surely have asked for the passport. Yet two passports were abandoned in a locker. There has to have been a third passport. Maybe it was manufactured in CR or she stole someone else’s there.

Just for my own satisfaction, I hope the trial determines the thruth about this supposed 1 week 'break' in their relationship. As tho they agreed: lets take a break from our 3 years together and pretend we're single and over each other and fancy free, but just for one week, mind". More likely, IMO, they had a fight, and didn't make up for a week...or he was on the road and she wasn't there.

JMO

At the trial, we'll also have KA's version of the narrative via her lawyers as they question CS on the stand. He won't be a very credible witness, as he has lied so much and they have the texts with his lies, both to KA and MW.

It’s very possible she didn’t want to tell him. My question is, why didn’t they ever pick her up on that warrant? Why did they just let it sit, until May 11, 2022?
It was an "opportunity" warrant for lack of a better term. Austin police are understaffed due to funding cuts after the BLM riots & its growing murder rate alone requires a lot of their assets, never mind a big homeless problem & all the other challenges created by its ginormous growth since 2008.

The only way she was going to be nabbed for theft of Botox services valued at under $1,000 was a traffic stop or other "minor" thing. Then she decided to commit murder. Real bright.

JMO

It was an "opportunity" warrant for lack of a better term. Austin police are understaffed due to funding cuts after the BLM riots & its growing murder rate alone requires a lot of their assets, never mind a big homeless problem & all the other challenges created by its ginormous growth since 2008.

The only way she was going to be nabbed for theft of Botox services valued at under $1,000 was a traffic stop or other "minor" thing. Then she decided to commit murder. Real bright.

JMO
Understood. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members