TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall reading about any instances of KA displaying any unusual vanity, other than you might say her botox treatments, but from what we have been reading on this forum, apparently they are quite common so not necessarily an indicator of unhealthy vanity. KA is a beautiful woman, took good care of herself, apparently (but could have been just blessed with good genes and great metabolism), and accentuated her strong points and natural beauty.

I don't begrudge KA her beauty, and see this case as a love triangle that ended very badly.

But if we are going to look at vanity as part of the case, then let's not leave out CS, whose vanity may have been very threatened by MW, hence his keeping her close. JMO.
I don't find KA attractive at all. I haven't seen a single photo that's given me "she's pretty" vibes. So, IMO, care needs to be taken not to construct a scenario around beauty, 'cos it's a matter of personal opinion, not fact.

I think it may be important, though, what KA's version of "pretty" is and how she thought of the way she looks. I'll bet it figured in this case.

As to how LE tracked KA to Santa Teresa, in the US Marshals press conf they do say they know KA boarded a bus at San Jose airport and went to a “known location” on that bus. He also says she did not move around much while in CR. Since the Daily Mail story indicates she first appeared at Don Jon Hostel on June 8, which was 3 weeks after she flew into CR, there must have been at least one place she stayed before Don Jon’s.

It’s around minute 12 in this video

Also in this video it seems clear the person whose passport she used was NOT the same person who dropped her off at Newark airport on May 18. The language used indicates the person who dropped her off was a “confidential informant” who cooperated with LE.
The description of how the passport info was obtained sounds like that individual did not voluntarily cooperate and there was a search warrant involved. IMO

US marshal also says as of early this week, they were a month behind on tracking KA’s whereabouts.
I have a question. If KA left the country the day after the warrant for her arrest was issued, how did she find out about that warrant so quickly?

It’s not like the police is broadcasting it, is it? For comparison, there was a warrant issued in 2018 that no one moved on. KA might have known about it, or not. (Probably, yes, as she asked CS to buy her a gun. But maybe a coincidence). But then, the warrant was filled in wrong…well, it is probably hard to find good clerks nowadays.

However, her bolting the day after the warrant was issued…I already asked it, what was her relationship with local police? Or police of NY? Something doesn’t fit.

How does she look so different in 9 days after surgery, to me it just does not look like KA. Some similarity, if this is her 100%,
they were fortunate to locate her because she could have easily passed for someone else.
They need to get her to smile. But I guess she won't be doing much of that for the forseeable future.

I thought I read that CS was late coming to the sport of gravel racing, and was in his 30's when he started. I read some statement that he made about that, and he said that most gravel racers start in their 20s, so this put him at a disadvantage, hence he had to work harder.
I'm not sure he could have started a career as a gravel racer at 20, either, simply because it's such a new sport. There likely wasn't any kind of racing circuit in those days. I mean, there weren't even purpose-built gravel bikes until recently.

IANA plastic surgeon, but I'm KA's age, have had extensive Botox and fillers, and I'm planning to get some more work done this year. If I murdered someone, you guys would be on here talking about how vain I am, lol.

From the one photo I think all she's had done is a rhinoplasty and maybe Botox if she was due. The rhinoplasty swelling is only present under her eyes at this point in healing, plus maybe she's been crying, so her cheeks look smaller and her eyes are visibly puffy. Her lips do not look augmented to me at all, in fact I think she could use some augmentation there (JMO).

The one weird thing is that her chin looks way smaller to me but that's a 40k surgery with months of recovery. So maybe that's just her expression.

I'm seeing nose jobs costing about $3000-$4500 in Costa Rica so I'm a little stumped where the rest of the $ went. Maybe she had some fat grafting that isn't apparent in the before/after we have. Or maybe it wasn't her face. Maybe she decided to enhance her body or do some lipo. Either way, I imagine it will come out.

I'm not sure he could have started a career as a gravel racer at 20, either, simply because it's such a new sport. There likely wasn't any kind of racing circuit in those days. I mean, there weren't even purpose-built gravel bikes until recently.

To my shame, I had no clue about gravel cycling, and I wanted to see the schedule of the events, not even knowing which ones were “events”, and which, not…so I got into Wiki. This is what touched my heart:

“19th century: In the early days of road bike racing, most roads were not paved, so most races were held primarily on unpaved/dirt/gravel roads.” Hence, the name and the dirt, so interesting!

About CS, I simply wanted to see what races he took part in, and they said he was late to start, at 20. Whether it was Wiki or some magazine, I don’t remember. Maybe they meant, biking in general?

P.S. here is a little bit. Here it says, he launched his professional biking career in late 20es.

Last edited:
Lots of people use cross bikes for gravel races. Most of my friends compete CX. I have a gravel/all around bike. Gravel is not my favorite surface for any ride. Give me dirt all day long.

IANA plastic surgeon, but I'm KA's age, have had extensive Botox and fillers, and I'm planning to get some more work done this year. If I murdered someone, you guys would be on here talking about how vain I am, lol.

From the one photo I think all she's had done is a rhinoplasty and maybe Botox if she was due. The rhinoplasty swelling is only present under her eyes at this point in healing, plus maybe she's been crying, so her cheeks look smaller and her eyes are visibly puffy. Her lips do not look augmented to me at all, in fact I think she could use some augmentation there (JMO).

The one weird thing is that her chin looks way smaller to me but that's a 40k surgery with months of recovery. So maybe that's just her expression.

I'm seeing nose jobs costing about $3000-$4500 in Costa Rica so I'm a little stumped where the rest of the $ went. Maybe she had some fat grafting that isn't apparent in the before/after we have. Or maybe it wasn't her face. Maybe she decided to enhance her body or do some lipo. Either way, I imagine it will come out.
There is certainly nothing wrong with anyone wanting to look their best! I don’t think it’s anyone’s place to judge another on what they want to do to improve their appearance. We all do it in some form - whether it’s the way we style our hair, color it, dress a certain way, wear make up, wear shapewear, padded bras etc. I’ve seen a few posts here being critical of someone choosing to enhance their appearance. We are often judged by our appearance, so if someone wants to get some Botox or even plastic surgery - we shouldn’t be so judgy.

Regarding KA’s plastic surgery. I’m thinking she got some Botox along with her nose job, or maybe even fillers desolved. That might explain the extra expense?

@Mariposa : Speaking of her frame it has crossed my mind that gaining weight might have been a better disguise for her than facial cosmetic work. I guess I’ll reserve judgement until there is a picture of her current visage out there.

Perhaps she couldn't bear the thought of gaining weight, in the same way she couldn't bear the thought of doing something radical to her hair: heck, she could have gone bleach blonde and got a pixie-cut. In HS, she evidently was voted with "best hair", so perhaps she hung onto it for that reason.

Completely agree! IMO, KA did the ‘bare minimum’ to disguise her hair. Darker but not black, shoulder length. Had she been serious about disguise she could have gone much further.

And 10000% she would have never gained weight to disguise herself. That said, I am not sure she could have transformed her figure in 42 days. She was quite slim to begin with so even several-week binge of tacos and beer would not have made her unrecognizable.

Also, I’m right there with @azure - if I ever end up a victim or POI, you’ll be talking about my vanity as a key motivator (botox, eyelash extensions, etc) yet I think these services are becoming extremely common, especially amongst 30-something women who live in cities.

Respectfully, there does not have to be a third passport. When Costa Rican Law Enforcement asked her where her passport was, she said it was at another resort, so it seems like she did not present a passport when being arrested.
Snipped for focus....

I can't imagine CR LE would not have at least one passport. Their basis for arrest was passport fraud, so passports were front and center in their case. But they didn't have ANY passport on hand? They even have her standing in a security line at the airport. No passport there?

I agree her chin DOES look smaller! I guess it could be photography angles.

Good point she could have had work done on her body in addition to face.

I don’t begrudge anyone cosmetic enhancements but in her case the old Botox theft leads to some snark IMO.

I wonder if CA was the individual who did not voluntarily cooperate so a search warrant was needed. But then wonder who the confidential informant might be who dropped KA off at the airport. If it was a uber driver, or some other commercial transportation, why would they need to be described as confidential informant? Maybe they are hoping for some of the reward money, a percentage of it, and prefer to stay confidential.
I was wondering about that - it seems unlikely that anyone who, knowing her situation and helping her out by driving her to the airport, would then turn around and rat on her. And no one expects a ride to the airport, anyway. I also think she took an Uber that had a camera filming the passenger. So then, LE were able to confirm it as fact, not just an alleged eyewitness.

And yes, they may be hoping for a reward.

JMO

Last edited:
I keep checking Google to see if she has made bail. Do you all think this is a real possibly? She retained a high profile attorney very quickly, and perhaps her family can raise the bail money quickly as well. What would they need to put up? 10%? 20%? I live in a state that does not allow bail for people charged with murder, so I’m super worried she’s going to make bail, remove her gps and flee again. I know some of you don’t believe she’d try, but I do! Look at what she’s done already. This woman seems to have no fear running from the law.

From 2018 till the end of 2019 - maybe had a lot of other outstanding warrants to deal with? After 2020, I think, most states had the same problem, COVID, and tried to de-clutter their jails. For the same reason, the courts became slow with processing even big crimes, and this one is a small thing. I am surprised that they issued a warrant for her arrest for this. In my state, it would be a mere debt collection. Unless it is not her first time? Or are Texan laws so harsh?
They issued the warrant on the botox thing so they could question her about the murder....

I agree her chin DOES look smaller! I guess it could be photography angles.

Good point she could have had work done on her body in addition to face.

I don’t begrudge anyone cosmetic enhancements but in her case the old Botox theft leads to some snark IMO.
Right! Pay your Botox bill, woman, before you go running off to get more surgery! /s

Snipped for focus....

I can't imagine CR LE would not have at least one passport. Their basis for arrest was passport fraud, so passports were front and center in their case. But they didn't have ANY passport on hand? They even have her standing in a security line at the airport. No passport there?
Respectfully, LE knew the name and which passport KA used to enter the country, and they learned that she was not that person. Surely no one would imply that if she burned that passport up or otherwise destroyed it after entering, LE would not have been able to arrest her, because they didn't have possession of it. Not picking on you specifically, as I have seen this pondered by others as well, but LE not having the passport in their hands that she fraudulently used, is absolutely not a dealbreaker. JMO

Last edited:
Completely agree! IMO, KA did the ‘bare minimum’ to disguise her hair. Darker but not black, shoulder length. Had she been serious about disguise she could have gone much further.

And 10000% she would have never gained weight to disguise herself. That said, I am not sure she could have transformed her figure in 42 days. She was quite slim to begin with so even several-week binge of tacos and beer would not have made her unrecognizable.

Also, I’m right there with @azure - if I ever end up a victim or POI, you’ll be talking about my vanity as a key motivator (botox, eyelash extensions, etc) yet I think these services are becoming extremely common, especially amongst 30-something women who live in cities.
IMO if she was was serious about disguise, for one thing, she should have AVOIDED YOGA at all costs! She should have done something more out of keeping with her past. I know she was trying to set up a new life but yoga was by no means the only skill she could monetize. Although I guess she sort of gave the game away by toting her yoga mat on surveillance video as she fled Austin.

Like go ahead and do yoga on the lam, but not with others and away from a hostel with the word “yoga” in its name

Last edited:
I am somewhat baffled by the posters here who believe KA stands a good chance of acquittal, downgraded charges or at the least a hung jury. IMO, she will be an extremely unsympathetic defendant—accused of murdering a beautiful and innocent young woman, showed consciousness of guilt by running, cost the authorities a fortune to chase down and find her, showed extreme vanity by getting plastic surgery while on the run (not gonna be popular among jurors…..), appears to have lots of money at her disposal (also not popular with jurors….) and had a previous record (not sure that will come, but the prosecution will try). I’m thinking she’ll probably try to plea bargain. Doubt there’ll even be a trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77