UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alley man was A/C and the other is David! confirmed by NYP in original releases . Provided on the wayback machine files. It is what it is x However, I feel the issues go back to paddy mginty, since Claudia had re kindled her relationship at the spotted cow since late January that year!
What was AC doing down the alley and was it him evening and morning?

Alley man was A/C and the other is David! confirmed by NYP in original releases . Provided on the wayback machine files. It is what it is x However, I feel the issues go back to paddy mginty, since Claudia had re kindled her relationship at the spotted cow since late January that year!
Can you take a snapshot from the way back machine - showing where it states A/C is alleyway man please

One point which needs clarification is - is there any evidence she walked through her front door after work on the afternoon of the 18th March 2009. As it’s assumed if she did that she’s at home when talking to mum and dad on the evening of the 18th March. You then have to deal with the unfathomable of did she go out the back because she was never in any cctv going out the front. On either 18th or 19th.

If there’s doubt then other possible close by locations can more thoroughly be evaluated.
The cctv from the next road covered the back exit via the alleyway. She would have been seen on there.

The cctv from the next road covered the back exit via the alleyway. She would have been seen on there.
Not sure how much coverage the next road had of the back entrance, but if Claudia had gone out the back door, could she have turned left and went to The Nags head via the car park?

Not sure how much coverage the next road had of the back entrance, but if Claudia had gone out the back door, could she have turned left and went to The Nags head via the car park?
Is that easily done? Looked overgrown back then.

Why would she use the back door to go into or leave her house? Is there and evidence to suggest she liked using the back door ?

vixey...remind me about the spotted cow...ive been doing my head in on the alistair Wilson thread and my brains broken

Is that easily done? Looked overgrown back then.
Maybe someone can help me out. I recall in a previous thread we discussed this. Someone with local knowledge posted that there used to be a cut through from the alley at one time but a neighbour had built a wall on their boundary and that stopped access. No idea if dates so probably not relevant

In a photo with her bike on, it was in her kitchen, which was on the back. Possible that on a rainy day she would use the rear door.
one of the very big problems in this case is why the police in the original investigation never did a thorough investigation of the alley...it might not have played. a role, but I. can't understand why they discounted it

Surely someone who kept their slippers by the front door wouldn't dream of pushing their bike through the house
If you were worried about it getting wet or stolen you might decide moping tyre marks off the floor was a small price to pay. I guess her kitchen floor was a surface easily cleaned like tiles. However if she had a bike why did she walk to work

One point which needs clarification is - is there any evidence she walked through her front door after work on the afternoon of the 18th March 2009. As it’s assumed if she did that she’s at home when talking to mum and dad on the evening of the 18th March. You then have to deal with the unfathomable of did she go out the back because she was never in any cctv going out the front. On either 18th or 19th.

If there’s doubt then other possible close by locations can more thoroughly be evaluated.
She could have gone out of the back and in the back door of the facing terrace house in Heworth Place. We know that the HP house was searched and subject of a filmed search by media. This was where one of newspaper reporters was overheard talking about PR and or another possible "Mr Big"

If you were worried about it getting wet or stolen you might decide moping tyre marks off the floor was a small price to pay. I guess her kitchen floor was a surface easily cleaned like tiles. However if she had a bike why did she walk to work
I can only speak for myself but, although I cycle a lot, id rather walk if it were dark, bad weather and or a very busy road...but I dont believe she set out for work that day.
having been away for so long, ive forgotten a few things....when we talk about alley man, are we talking about the man caught on cctv possibly with a rucksack etc...

I can only speak for myself but, although I cycle a lot, id rather walk if it were dark, bad weather and or a very busy road...but I dont believe she set out for work that day.
having been away for so long, ive forgotten a few things....when we talk about alley man, are we talking about the man caught on cctv possibly with a rucksack etc..

having been away for so long, ive forgotten a few things....when we talk about alley man, are we talking about the man caught on cctv possibly with a rucksack etc...
I feel the same with being away for so long. Yes, alleyman is rucksack man. I also don't believe she didn't leave for work that morning, because whatever happened occurred the previous night. Wonder if she had been cycling to work prior to this or relying on lifts from the man who remembered that she had been out all night with a new boyfriend a year later. Can't remember his name began with D

I feel the same with being away for so long. Yes, alleyman is rucksack man. I also don't believe she didn't leave for work that morning, because whatever happened occurred the previous night. Wonder if she had been cycling to work prior to this or relying on lifts from the man who remembered that she had been out all night with a new boyfriend a year later. Can't remember his name began with D
thanks....have. the police confirmed his identity

She could have gone out of the back and in the back door of the facing terrace house in Heworth Place. We know that the HP house was searched and subject of a filmed search by media. This was where one of newspaper reporters was overheard talking about PR and or another possible "Mr Big"
She could have, but why would she? She’s single. Plus why is her slippers by the front door if she went out the back (and in the back) why is her rucksack gone - surely if she was in HP - she could nip back in the morning before work?. Why the activity at the front of her house at 8.23-9.01pm on March 18th? - for me the HP concept is a difficult one. My only thoughts is it could have been used to hide her body for removal

one of the very big problems in this case is why the police in the original investigation never did a thorough investigation of the alley...it might not have played. a role, but I. can't understand why they discounted it
I think the initial evidence was she left for work and the sightings were on her route and outside the university - which took the investigation away from her house. We all make mistakes. I understand it and I think the review team identified this weakness in the initial investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave