Found Alive Canada - L.S., 13, missing from Edmonton, AB, found alive in Oregon, 2022 *arrest*

At 41 I can’t imagine that this is his first rodeo. There are probably more victims.

A lot of planning went into this. Not sure why he would risk bringing her across the Border. I’m thinking bigger charges are going to come about as a result of that decision.

Hopefully this keeps him behind bars for a VERY long time.

MOO

At 41 I can’t imagine that this is his first rodeo. There are probably more victims.

A lot of planning went into this. Not sure why he would risk bringing her across the Border. I’m thinking bigger charges are going to come about as a result of that decision.

MOO
A lot of planning would have had to be done in order to bring her across the border. I wonder how long Noah and LS were communicating online and if this was what he intended to do going into the "friendship."

Oregon man accused of luring missing Edmonton teen to make U.S. court appearance: police

"

‘Disturbing’ broadcast​

On Sunday, Portland community radio station KBOO tweeted to say it was investigating “disturbing information” regarding the alleged behaviour of an on-air volunteer.

“We have taken appropriate actions regarding this person’s involvement with KBOO,” the station added.

Madrano is listed on a podcast app as the producer and co-host of a program that aired on KBOO. Postmedia messaged an email address linked to the podcast but did not receive a response.

The program’s most recent episode — since deleted — features a segment in which the host pretends to have phone sex with a teenage girl.

A girl’s voice can be heard on the recording, but it is unclear who she is, or if the voice has been altered or simulated. Postmedia asked Oregon City Police whether the agency is aware of the recording but did not hear back by press time.

In response to an email from Postmedia, KBOO board vice-president KatMeow Garcia, who uses they/them pronouns, condemned content advocating abuse of minors and said the station was not aware of the June 13 segment before the show went to air.

They said the U.S. Federal Communications Commission has “strict guidelines” on explicit content and that KBOO requires volunteers to take yearly training on the regulations.

Garcia added the station has not been contacted by law enforcement and that management have been instructed to fully co-operate with any investigation. The “volunteer responsible for the programming” has been banned from the station and the episode has been removed from the station’s online platforms, they said.

“Though this is very triggering for myself and many other survivors at our station … it is important for the health and well being of our listeners and community that we do as much as we can to investigate and do whatever we can to mitigate harm,” Garcia wrote.
Postmedia also reached out to the person listed as the show’s co-host but did not receive a response."

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
is this him? It is Portland Oregon based....

Noah Madrano

Noah Madrano​

Owner & Producer at Power T Productions​

Gladstone, Oregon, United States10 connections​

Join to connect

Sub-Human Intellect Theater

Sep 2012 - Present​

I developed and currently host the monthly comedy/variety/performance art program Sub-Human Intellect Theater, one of several rotating radio theater programs which air on Monday nights on KBOO-FM. I devise segments and episodes thematically and logistically, write plays and other performance pieces, book guests and other vocal performers, conduct prerecorded interviews, direct voice actors, and mix/edit the audio for broadcast. I run the board and mixer during my show while performing other required duties (such as answering the phone, playing promos/underwriting carts, monitoring and admitting access into building), and manage the show’s social media accounts.

So according to the post just above, indeed it seems this must be all or partly true and the same pervert. I wouldn’t doubt at all that the luring involved him saying he would help to make LS a popular media sensation, appealing to the typical dreams of an average 13 year old. Simply deplorable how some despicable characters can stoop so low to gain trust for the purpose of taking advantage of the naivety of children. JMO

MOO
The US Federal Law on the Extraterritorial Sexual Exploitation of Children gives the US legal authority to prosecute criminal conduct that took place outside its borders. There is a hefty penalty attached under the statutes, up to 30 years ... far more than he'd get here. Section 2423(b) makes it a crime for US citizens to travel from the US to a foreign country with the intent to engage in sexual conduct with a child.

The father is being very diplomatic, “it’s fine by him” if this culprit is sentenced by the American justice system. In Canada the most he could be sentenced for before possible parole is 25 years and since no death occurred it’d probably be even far lighter considering concurrent sentencing based on the possibility of rehabilitation (highly doubtful IMO). This child will suffer the personal trauma longer than that.
JMO

“CBC News is not identifying the girl but spoke to her father Saturday as he was boarding a plane to meet his daughter.

On Monday afternoon, he said they were driving back to Edmonton after landing in Calgary. He said he is happy to have his daughter back in Canada.

"It's still early days when it comes to charges and truly understanding what happened and how it happened," he said. "And as the days go by here, I'm sure that more is going to come out."

He said he is not concerned where the charges are laid….”

"If that means that he stays in the USA as he goes through the court system there, then that is fine by me."

rbbm.
''The father, who returned to Alberta with his daughter Monday, described her as “shaken up” but excited to return home, see her family and pets and sleep in her own bed.

The father added the girl “read a lot of the information on the Facebook group (dedicated to finding her) and talked about seeing it while she was captive.”

He wanted to express his gratitude to everyone who helped with the investigation.

“We have so much gratitude to everyone that supported my family and helped us — the media, the police, all of the agencies and, obviously, the public ... That was crucial and a huge support to me and to my family.”

''There are also different tactics used to lure boys and girls, Sauer said. For boys, conversations tend to happen quicker before extortion begins. Once an abuser gets one photo, they can use that to blackmail the victim for more.

For girls, the conversations tend to be slower and the victim is often deceived into thinking the abuser is a peer of a comparable age, who wants to be in a relationship.''

From the article linked above, this is scary.

The girl’s father noted, ‘my child’s phone and all devices were completely locked down with parental controls and this still managed to happen.’​

wow, I wonder how she was communicating w/him?

When my daughter was 13, I thought I had her devices locked down too. I had her passwords to cell and laptop, and I watched her very closely. [ Only after I saw some very flirty texts between her and a 17 yr old kid...:oops:]

Even took her phone and computer at bedtime, so she couldn't have any late night shenanigans, or so I thought.

Eventually my son told me she was texting from her I-pod and sometimes messaging from his play station at night. I had no freakin' idea---and only found out because my kids got in an argument about something silly so he came and tattled on her.

In a statement to Postmedia Monday, Madrano’s sister said nothing her family could say will ease the pain of the Edmonton girl and her loved ones.

“If such words existed, we would offer them with all the sorrow and anguish that fills our hearts. Our greatest hope is that this young person and their family are able to heal, through a combination of time, support, and love,” she said in an email.

“We love Noah unconditionally, which includes loving him even through the most unthinkable of acts. Our love does not mean that we condone, excuse, or minimize these acts — vehemently, we do not. There is no excuse for harming a child. We ask for our privacy to be respected so that we may begin to process these events.”

More at link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back