Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever heard of homes being bugged for this reason before? Maybe it does happen and isn’t reported, but seems more likely to me new evidence associated with WT’s disappearance. JMO. All JMO.

Probably doesn't have to be any new evidence. Jubes was able to get a warrant to place a listening device in their vehicle years ago.

imo

Probably doesn't have to be any new evidence. Jubes was able to get a warrant to place a listening device in their vehicle years ago.

imo

I was musing over the possibilities;

1. No evidence, police just going back over them again as a matter of routine
2. No evidence, but coroner has instructed police to look at foster parents again as a matter of routine
3. Coroner has suspicions based on her inquest findings so has instructed police to do so
4. New evidence/new witness in relation to WT's disappearance has come to light
5. The fosters are directly or indirectly caught up in some other unrelated criminal activity

Hey Awakening - could another possibility be due to Jubes.

Meaning that at the inquest - the main POI put up by Jubes, BS and PS had questionable tactics used - recordings not authorised in the case of PS. And with BS not substantiating his al[bi and timelines.

So if there is doubt being thrown over the dealings of the current POI's by Jubes at the inquest then possibly he overlooked other potential POI's including Foster parents and this became a starting point. Just another angle to consider in addition to possible other informants/witnesses. MOO.

The next Hearing for the Alleged Assault and Stalking Charges are set down for 16 January 2023 (“Both of William Tyrell’s foster parents will now have to wait until January 2023 to defend the allegations. (William Tyrrell Foster Mother Makes Section 14 Mental Health Application - Astor Legal).

JMO - As quoted below, FFC (and presumably MFC also) would remain on bail. We most likely are not privy to those bail conditions, but they will have to comply with those bail conditions, or will risk even more charges.

William Tyrrell's foster mother charged with stalking, intimidation
“His foster mother remains on bail and is expected to face Hornsby Local Court on April 29.”

New evidence/new witness in relation to WT's disappearance has come to light
I think there is definitely new evidence that has come to light ….

In September Mark Morri from the Daily Telegraph reported the following..

Paraphrased

A senior police officer has told The Daily Telegraph that a new investigation into William’s disappearance has uncovered clues previously not explored.

And understands the POI will be interviewed soon and confronted with the fresh information uncovered by investigators.

I think there is definitely new evidence that has come to light ….

In September Mark Morri from the Daily Telegraph reported the following..

Paraphrased

A senior police officer has told The Daily Telegraph that a new investigation into William’s disappearance has uncovered clues previously not explored.

And understands the POI will be interviewed soon and confronted with the fresh information uncovered by investigators.

If so, it seems odd that they are waiting so long for the next hearing. If they have 'fresh information' and they want to confront the POI soon, why are they waiting until 2023?

Wouldn't time be of the essence if they think they have a big lead on a missing child case?

JMO - As quoted below, FFC (and presumably MFC also) would remain on bail. We most likely are not privy to those bail conditions, but they will have to comply with those bail conditions, or will risk even more charges.

William Tyrrell's foster mother charged with stalking, intimidation
“His foster mother remains on bail and is expected to face Hornsby Local Court on April 29.”
Yes … The Daily Telegraph also reported the following, after the MH Hearing…

FM who was supported in court by her husband, remains on conditional bail.

If so, it seems odd that they are waiting so long for the next hearing. If they have 'fresh information' and they want to confront the POI soon, why are they waiting until 2023?

Wouldn't time be of the essence if they think they have a big lead on a missing child case?
IMO not so much if they believe the child is already deceased

I think FM may have been confronted in November last year during the NSWCC Hearing. …. I think the assault allegations that are being heard in Jan 2023, are separate to William’s Investigation … I believe these assault charges are peripheral to the main investigation …. JMO

The foster father, who police claim 'lied about something we can prove', gave the allegedly false evidence to the NSW Crime Commission late last year, and it is understood the foster mother also testified around the same time.

The foster mother gave evidence over two days.

Edit for grammar

Last edited:
IMO not so much if they believe the child is already deceased
Yes, it was interesting that Police changed the wording late last year about William … it was no longer a “suspected death“ but that William was deceased …and that they were looking for his remains …

This has made me wonder if Police have some actual evidence that William is definitely deceased now ….??? That hasn’t been shared publicly??? IMO

Yes, it was interesting that Police changed the wording late last year about William … it was no longer a “suspected death“ but that William was deceased …and that they were looking for his remains …

This has made me wonder if Police have some actual evidence that William is definitely deceased now ….??? That hasn’t been shared publicly??? IMO
Quite astute that you picked that up SlouTh.

Any thoughts on what that 'actual evidence' could be anyone?

I think in Australia, a missing person is (legally) presumed deceased after 7 years. If there is no evidence to say otherwise.

Where someone has not been seen or heard from for 7 years, the law will presume that they have died.

I think in Australia, a missing person is (legally) presumed deceased after 7 years. If there is no evidence to say otherwise.

Where someone has not been seen or heard from for 7 years, the law will presume that they have died.
Yes agree, especially for adults and division of assets etc …all of the legal requirements are covered by this …

However, we are mid inquest…. And normally a Coroner would rule on if a child is likely deceased or not, and as yet, that has not occurred …

That is why I was surprised with wording used by Detective Chief Superintendent Darren Bennett when he said officers would be "looking for the remains of William Tyrrell".

It's highly likely that if we found something it would be a body. We are looking for the remains of William Tyrrell, no doubt about that," he said.

That question I don’t know the answer to….
There have been various articles about SFR going right back to the beginning …. Maybe there was always something in the case file???

And very interesting that Laidlaw has said, “since the moment William went missing “…. Do Police now know the “moment” William went missing??? Rather than just an approximate time???

Police have confirmed “new information” has come to light about the 2014 disappearance of three-year-old William Tyrrell.

This information has since come to light, as part of our ongoing review of the materials gathered by investigators since the moment William went missing seven years ago,” Strike Force Rosann Officer-in-Charge, Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw, said.

As our team continue to conduct inquiries and explore all avenues of investigation, our focus has been identifying if anything has been missed, or if there are any details – no matter how small – that need to be clarified.

Paraphrased from

Did someone actually see something that day??? Have they come forward???
It is very odd that not a living soul saw anything whatsoever that day .. imo

Perhaps they did not want to come forward while FGM was still alive? For whatever reason??

Rather than focusing on the after 10:00am timeframe, did Police look at what may have happened at an earlier time that morning?

All hypothetical about possible new evidence… imo

I’d missed this report. Haven’t heard anymore about this potential witness.

At the same time officers were handling the piece of fabric, a Kendall local stopped by the search scene to deliver his own theory to police.

The elderly man, who did not provide his name but offered his details to police, stopped his vehicle alongside the dig and got out to speak to a detective.

He told investigators he saw something dumped from a vehicle on the morning the then-three-year-old disappeared.

Shown a picture of a vehicle of interest the man said: “I’m pretty sure that’s the car I saw.”

I’d missed this report. Haven’t heard anymore about this potential witness.

At the same time officers were handling the piece of fabric, a Kendall local stopped by the search scene to deliver his own theory to police.

The elderly man, who did not provide his name but offered his details to police, stopped his vehicle alongside the dig and got out to speak to a detective.

He told investigators he saw something dumped from a vehicle on the morning the then-three-year-old disappeared.

Shown a picture of a vehicle of interest the man said: “I’m pretty sure that’s the car I saw.”
Thanks for jogging the memory CK11 ….. I had forgotten about that possible witness….

Possibly he was able to report or confirm the same information or very similar information to what led Police to that area in the first place???

Meanwhile, around the corner, a small parcel of land located on the corner of Cobb and Co Rd became Search Area 1, with police insisting very specific intelligence had led them to the site.

Also from your article.

Police will lay charges as soon as they believe they have sufficient evidence to support them.

Hearing dates for not guilty pleas are based on the estimated duration of the matter (number of witnesses to be called, etc) and space in the court calendar. Currently NSW court calendars are jammed thanks significantly to massive delays caused by COVID but also because of lack of magistrates. Accused wants a two day hearing, then it's into 2023 for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle