TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

My theory hasn’t changed from the beginning: a random and likely inexperienced carjacker panicked, killed AW, and “got lucky” in terms of lack of evidence. The investigation revealed information that could embarrass or even endanger AW, his husband, or both - but that info isn’t related to his death. The information might not even be *that* damaging, but perhaps the husband knows how quickly, say, an innocent text could be turned into something salacious by the media (and certain American media outlets in particular).

But yet most of those around him that were initially vocal went silent. So we don't know for sure that al the loved ones believe it was a murder any more.
And if someone is in a state where they feel their presence is a problem for themselves or others, the details of how it happens aren't always a big concern - trust me I know that from family experience. And someone who is so regimented can feel they aren't living up to expectations and see no other way out.

In the end, we really don't know much about AW. And quite honestly there are a lot of incorrect assumptions about people who do commit suicide, sadly.
I think the circumstances could potentially be seen as "embarrassing".
I get what you mean, and I know from personal experience exactly what feeling like your presence is a problem and wanting to not be here anymore, is like. I just don't get the feeling it is a suicide. I think they are trying to protect Alan's reputation and legacy because the circumstances are not the best. IMO.

A post from a verified family member dated two-three weeks from the event:

Hi everyone, I want you all to know that Alan is the most kind and caring person and there’s no way he would ever willingly just up and disappear. As soon as Rusty told me Alan didn’t come home I started to panic. Rusty thought maybe he got into a car accident and I remember thinking oh no I hope that’s not the case. But as the hours passed I actually started to hope that was the case. Rusty had already tried texting and calling his phone and driving by the gym and calling the hospitals and there was just no sign of him. He wasn’t planning on stopping anywhere else. I saw some suggest picking up pastries or something for us but he had already asked us earlier in the week what we’d like for breakfast when he went shopping for the week.

Rusty knew Alan was going to stop for gas either before or after the gym. We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off.

Masked Robbers Shoot 7-Eleven Clerk Twice At Oak Lawn Store, Then Take Off

We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. He would’ve charged his phone overnight so we think the SIM card was taken out.

I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing.

We also know for a fact he didn’t make it home. There are cameras on the front and back of the house and his car never shows up.

Other details I can’t give out right now.

There are a few traffic lights that might have provided an opportunity to carjack someone IF his doors were unlocked. I have the same make and model car and you can set it not to lock the doors on driveaway. There are also more than a few places he might have turned off to go somewhere else before going home. His behavior in the store and lingering in the parking lot suggest he was communicating with someone during that time. He may have driven to see something or someone and the crime occurred there. I don't think that is what happened though. The condition of the car, with muddy tires, suggests it was driven after he disappeared, presumably not by him at that point. Was that because he left it with the keys in it and somebody took advantage of that or because someone stole it from him? Most likely stole it. By now LE has executed the warrants on his phone and the phone apps and they know who he was texting (if he was) and they likely have the start/stop data from the Porsche computer and some location data from the phone and the car. They also have looked at his husband's phone (likely). LE knows a lot about where the car was and where the phone was and when.

LE knows by now if this was a suicide and given the active investigation, that isn't the case.

Since he turned in the direction of home after driving in the general direction of home to get gas, it is safe to assume he was trying to go home that morning... which leaves carjacking somewhere before the CVS as the most likely scenario here.

LE knows by now who he was texting and likely also asked for a voluntary search of the husband's phone.
(Snipped by me) If Alan was communicating with a drug dealer, a "debt collector" or a sex worker it could have been a burner phone. I have no information telling me this is the case, but if Alan did have some sort of double life, I could understand the family wanting to keep this information to themselves. But if LE could share what type of person Alan was texting with then the public might be able to focus on a suspect in that line of work. It's that type of clue that will jog someone's memory or connect the dots on something they saw/heard. Right now it feels like finding a needle in a pile of needles.

I attempted to contact David Taffet at the Voice but got no response. I have contacted him previously and he promptly emailed back and did run stories about the case. But, that was a year or so back. So, I am guessing that the interest is just not there anymore. Maybe it would help if others attempted contact?
I'm sorry, I've been busy and haven't been keeping up with threads- I got a response from David a few hours after sending that email on the 29th. He said:
"Thanks for the reminder. I’ll make a few calls to see if there’s anything new and post when I hear something. I never get just a direct answer, so it could take a little prodding."
So, looks promising!

Did LE ever get or try to get a search warrant for the house or for any phones besides AW's phone?
I don’t think we have been told (please correct me if I’m wrong).

Personally, I believe this is precisely why things have been so quiet. An investigation like this takes time. You need something before you can get a warrant to do a search. It does take a lot of time and hard work to build a solid case. His family seems content with what the authorities are doing also and/or where the investigation is headed.

I don’t think we have been told (please correct me if I’m wrong).

Personally, I believe this is precisely why things have been so quiet. An investigation like this takes time. You need something before you can get a warrant to do a search. It does take a lot of time and hard work to build a solid case. His family seems content with what the authorities are doing also and/or where the investigation is headed.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I also don't think we know if consent was given to search any of those things -- in which case, no warrant would be required. I agree with you about the family's lack of criticism about the investigation. JMO.

My theory hasn’t changed from the beginning: a random and likely inexperienced carjacker panicked, killed AW, and “got lucky” in terms of lack of evidence. The investigation revealed information that could embarrass or even endanger AW, his husband, or both - but that info isn’t related to his death. The information might not even be *that* damaging, but perhaps the husband knows how quickly, say, an innocent text could be turned into something salacious by the media (and certain American media outlets in particular).

I've discussed this before, but it would be the most incredible, terrible coincidence/luck if this was a random carjacking, given that AW was driving a loaner car and was only a mile away from home. The car would be worthless to a carjacker due to tracking (rentals/loaners usually have GPS of some kind) and the car being abandoned as it was would seem to suggest it was not the target .

AW would also have no attachment to the car at all either. (Although, as I've said before,the advice is: if someone wants to carjack, you throw the cars keys as far as you can in one direction and run in the opposite direction.)

I don't really have anything to think of at the moment, as there has been very little/zero new info for months.

I've discussed this before, but it would be the most incredible, terrible coincidence/luck if this was a random carjacking, given that AW was driving a loaner car and was only a mile away from home. The car would be worthless to a carjacker due to tracking (rentals/loaners usually have GPS of some kind) and the car being abandoned as it was would seem to suggest it was not the target .

AW would also have no attachment to the car at all either. (Although, as I've said before,the advice is: if someone wants to carjack, you throw the cars keys as far as you can in one direction and run in the opposite direction.)

I don't really have anything to think of at the moment, as there has been very little/zero new info for months.

All of that is correct. But the inexperienced carjacker may not have realized it was a loaner at first, and AW may not have moved fast enough. Tossing keys is certainly good advice, but plenty of victims don’t follow even known advice.

All of that is correct. But the inexperienced carjacker may not have realized it was a loaner at first, and AW may not have moved fast enough. Tossing keys is certainly good advice, but plenty of victims don’t follow even known advice.
Agree with both- hard to understand a carjacking at that hour in a car that was moving and before it even hit the first light. <modsnip>

I am optimistic. LE has a lot of info about his phone, the car, and other things that we don't have. There is video of that car they haven't released for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply from Megan Thomas (Dallas PD officer and correspondent):
"Thank you for your interest in this case and remaining well informed about our community. I am looking into this case. Government inquiries take some time if you want accurate information . David (Dallas Voice) asked to get an update on the case as well. I'll get back to you as soon as I have some answers. "

Alan's brother Tim is obviously a case insider, and he thinks that someone killed Alan, that Alan was murdered. Now, Alan had been lingering a bit at and near the gas station. I think that was likely related to something that he was communicating about, either by cell call or texting. I think that something was going on, something was being arranged, something was 'up'. If he was in fact communicating with someone,
a) was that person someone Alan knew?
b) was that person his killer?
c) was that person setting him up to be killed by someone else - in other words, a 'hit'?
It would seem likely that investigators would by now know with whom Alan may have been communicating at that point.
Have investigators in the past year put out a plea for any info the public may have about what may have lead to Mr. White's demise? If not, would that suggest they may feel that they 'have their man'?
Would be curious to know if anyone at any point has 'lawyered up' in this case...
If Alan was murdered, what might have been the motive? Love triangle? Money/greed? Other?

Last edited:
Reply from Megan Thomas (Dallas PD officer and correspondent):
"Thank you for your interest in this case and remaining well informed about our community. I am looking into this case. Government inquiries take some time if you want accurate information . David (Dallas Voice) asked to get an update on the case as well. I'll get back to you as soon as I have some answers. "
Thanks for taking the initiative and looking into this. Hopefully we will learn something soon.

As you say, loaner cars usually have GPS tracking, but in this case the dealership was unable to trace the car's location.

"Park Place Motors was unable to locate the car, even though loaner cars are normally fitted with GPS trackers. The car was found a week later about a mile from where White’s body was eventually found. At the time, police said they were waiting for results to come back from SWIFS, Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back