IL - July 4 Parade, Highland Park, at least 6 fatally shot, 4 July 2022 *son charged, dad guilty*

Spending time in other areas of the internet where many younger people hang out, the sense I am starting to get is that these mass shooters are beginning to lose their "cool" factor. The horror that is being inflicted time and time again, its starting to wear people down. Its not unique anymore. Its not as interesting or compelling. The patterns are becoming too predictable. Instead of being a rare, one-off mastermind, these shooters are showing themselves to be one of many, all too similar to each other, cookie cutter, bland. There is a lack of specialness when it keeps happening over and over again. The repetition of it is bringing a weariness that hopefully is being felt among those who previously might have silently admired some of them.

He probably made a few bucks here and there maybe $100 tops. If that.
He probably was selling drugs or something else.
He had 16,000 subscribers on Spotify.

I caught his stuff before it was pulled.

I googled his name and I'm like, "What is this?" "Is this the same guy?"

I personally didn't like it, but he was quite prolific.

The Remington is interesting and talks about being a sniper rifle - but I couldn't really find anything about magazines or ammo capacity. But it seems this gun is not capable of holding large capacity magazines without modification and they have said the guns were not modified.
Maybe some gun enthusiasts can chime in with more knowledge.
Though I am far from being a true gun enthusiast, the Remington 700 is an olde school, bolt action hunting rifle. Any hunting rifle can be used as a sniper rifle by a skilled user.

You will not find any information about magazines because it does not use any. Rather, the rifle holds- what 4-5 rounds of ammunition internally. Generally, the rounds must be loaded one at a time.

To fire a round, you must manually "work the bolt" and bring a round to the firing chamber. The rifle is then fired, and the bolt is then "worked" to eject the cartridge. Moving the bolt forward again then places another round in the chamber. Though a skilled user can do this quickly, the Remington 700 is not a rapid fire weapon.

When hunting was a big part of American culture, the Remington 700 was the most popular rifle in America. Times changed alot.

Last edited:
He probably made a few bucks here and there maybe $100 tops. If that.
He probably was selling drugs or something else.
Yes, there are plenty of ways to make money, so he could have been doing any number of things.

Some You-tubers are successful but I doubt he's one of them.

I have a feeling he spent most of his time isolated in his home, creating his "art" and his symbols and his videos and posting on line. I wonder if his only friends were internet friends. Have we heard from any who knew him in real life?

I think his parents may have given up on him a long time ago. They were probably in denial.

He had 16,000 subscribers on Spotify.

I caught his stuff before it was pulled.

I googled his name and I'm like, "What is this?" "Is this the same guy?"

I personally didn't like it, but he was quite prolific.
Thank you!

Ok let's talk numbers - I looked up spotify - it says you make $0.00437 for every stream on spotify (didn't say anything about subscribers) so .00437 x 16,000. = $69.92

In a video interview with his uncle - his uncle called him a youtuber. It says that you can make $18.00 for every 1,000 ad views on youtube - do we know how many followers he had on youtube?

He wasn't making any money to talk about. Couldn't have been. Where was he getting this money?

JMHO

Yes, there are plenty of ways to make money, so he could have been doing any number of things.

I have a feeling he spent most of his time isolated in his home, creating his "art" and his symbols and his videos and posting on line. I wonder if his only friends were internet friends. Have we heard from any who knew him in real life?

I think his parents may have given up on him a long time ago. They were probably in denial.

He wasn't a famous YouTuber or rapper, that is just lazy reporting. Just because he claimed he was famous does not make it so.
He was and still is very much delusional.

All he would need is a laptop, free software and a cheap mic. His music is absolutely horrible, zero skill or talent.
I know, but there is a very popular artist now, who a few of us said, "Is that music?"...
Seems like they are sing-talking about depression....
This artist has won numerous awards.

To each their own.

The owner of Red Dot, who asked that his name not be used, told The Daily Beast Crimo bought the Smith & Wesson M&P 15 semi-automatic rifle from a retailer in Kentucky called budsgunshop.com, which sells the weapon for under $700 with free shipping...

A senior law enforcement official told The Daily Beast the rifle was one of four firearms that Crimo purchased through Red Dot Arms. After the shooting, authorities said they seized a total of five guns from Crimo, including two rifles, handguns, and a shotgun.

In a telephone interview on Wednesday, Red Dot’s owner said that the Lake Villa, Illinois, store was closed and that he was at home when ATF agents contacted him on Monday morning after the shooting at a July 4 parade. He said he immediately made the 10-minute drive to the store and pulled the paperwork, a Form 4473 bearing the rifle’s serial number and Crimo’s name.

“We meticulously do the paperwork,” the owner said. “That's, that's our job. That's what we do to track.”

The owner of Red Dot said of Crimo, “Most of these people doing these things are pretty stupid. Somebody that... would’ve put a thought [into] this would’ve grinded the serial number and we would've never found him.”

He wasn't a famous YouTuber or rapper, that is just lazy reporting. Just because he claimed he was famous does not make it so.
He was and still is very much delusional.
It wasn't his claim. I saw his stuff on Spotify. And I'm like, "What?"

One song on his Spotify profile has 2 million listens.
Firearms were not that expensive.
Several addresses were attributed to CR in MSM despite a foreclosure at one residence.

Last edited:

We know he worked at Panera, and a young woman who worked with him there was interviewed by MSM. We also heard from a coach from his school, and a teacher who taught him and his brother at a summer school program. Also a young woman who was one of his neighbors. Everyone talked about him as quiet and no signs of violence.

Why would mom allow him to paint such a creepy picture on the back wall of the house? Either they were afraid of him or just didn't care.

I'm going with the just didn't care - using excuses (oh - he's just being funny; naw - he likes those smiley faces; so he wants a gun? Everybody wants guns,) We know his dad was a big 2nd amendment fan. We see this all the time with so many self-involved parents - thinking they know their kids or pretending to be sooooooooo involved with them - trying to be their friends. Its becoming the norm in the brave new world and, sadly, it keeps creating these monsters...........................

JMHO
Is anyone as ticked off and angry as me? Damn. Mental illness! I’m still upset about the Ivalde shooting .

I know, but there is a very popular artist now, who a few of us said, "Is that music?"...
Seems like they are sing-talking about depression....
This artist has won numerous awards.

To each their own.

My fear the media will create this fame, that simply did NOT exist until he massacred 8 people at the 4th of a July Parade.
Other untalented violent mass shooters will copy him to have instant fame. The media needs to stop making false claims.
He might have been known in a very small online circle of friends but far from a famous rapper as one media outlet kept repeating on live TV. These are dangerous to unstable teens/Young Adults looking for an easy way to fame/infamy.

The owner of Red Dot, who asked that his name not be used, told The Daily Beast Crimo bought the Smith & Wesson M&P 15 semi-automatic rifle from a retailer in Kentucky called budsgunshop.com, which sells the weapon for under $700 with free shipping...

A senior law enforcement official told The Daily Beast the rifle was one of four firearms that Crimo purchased through Red Dot Arms. After the shooting, authorities said they seized a total of five guns from Crimo, including two rifles, handguns, and a shotgun.

The owner of Red Dot said of Crimo, “Most of these people doing these things are pretty stupid. Somebody that... would’ve put a thought [into] this would’ve grinded the serial number and we would've never found him.”

I wonder if the firearms were delivered to him using his mother's UPS rented mailbox, or if he had rented his own UPS mailbox there so that the firearms could be delivered to him there.

The media needs to STOP sensationaling, glamorizing, and giving instant FAME to these violent unhinged psychopaths. The media is part of the problem. They make it exciting for the streams, views, clicks, and hits for money.
Charles Manson wanted to be produced by the Beach Boys and was angry for being snubbed, Hinkley wanted to impress Jodie Foster but also to be known as a famous musician. there's a pattern here.

The gun was traced to Crimo within an hour. It had been legally bought by Crimo in 2020 when he was 19. Authorities say his father had to sponsor him to get a Firearm Owners Identification card because the age limit is 21.

That right there. It was just September 2019 that he had threatened the family with the knives and they had been removed from the residence. And Dad sponsored this purchase. I believe that could be enough of a threshold to maybe, possibly charge dad - maybe. I only say this because of the Crumbley case - where they bought him the gun - which allowed authorities to charge them. That is still winding through the courts though as well.

I just don't understand parents today. You KNOW you have a troubled child (older teenager) and he has THREATENED you and the family - to the point LE became involved. What is it? Your pride? You don't want to admit that your child is messed up? That maybe YOU failed as a parent? IDK But I do believe it is a selfish act and now it has cost lives. It is a horrible thing to have to go through as a parent of a mass shooter - the shame, the blame, the notoriety, the guilt - but you HAVE TO KNOW that you possibly assisted by helping him get the gun?

What is this world coming to? The old "it takes a village to raise a child" is even more true today than ever before in history.

SMH

JMHO
I couldn't agree more. And when has buying a gun for a troubled person, be it depression or other mental illness, EVER been the answer? How in the world could having a gun improve things??? I would love to hear their thought processes (not just these parents, but the Crumbleys).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back