TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The victim would have been better off taking KA's advice to back off but CS wanted to sleep with both of them with no consequences. How's that for assumptions?
Yes. I agree that this is probably the truth.

However, it’s not a mitigating factor in first-degree murder.

The love triangle was horrendous, and CS had probably convinced MW to “just ignore her; she’s not stable” — he likely was gaslighting both of them so that neither understood the true state of affairs.

It excuses KA’s anger and indicates she should cut her losses and move on.

But gunning down Moriah was a bridge too far, IMO. Maybe a jury will share my view, but maybe not.

I see one owned solely by him & two owned solely by her.

I don't see a property with them as joint owners.
There could be an error on the service I used, but this came up. Where can we look to find if it’s correct?

Attachments

• 3545DC06-D233-41F3-82A4-11A4A741AAB0.jpeg
    3545DC06-D233-41F3-82A4-11A4A741AAB0.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 19
Keep in mind -- Austin real estate prices are insane. In my general area, houses built in the 1970s and 1,500 to 1,800 square ft in OK condition, are going for average $500,000+. These are houses that were well under $200,000 13 or 14 yrs ago. Prices began skyrocketing about 4 or 5 years ago.
Yes, she purchase one of her smallish
homes for over $450,000 just last year (May 2021)

I don't see your opinion as differing at all from anyone else's on here. Everyone agrees, KA's motive was jealousy over CS. That will be the motive presented at trial. There needs to be a motive to help jurors understand the crime, but it's the criminal action of murder that will be on trial, not various people's emotions. The trial won't be about whether or not CS and KA were in a committed relationship...
Right, if it appears to you that's what I posted - that the trial will be about whether or not CS and KA were in a committed relationship, that's not what I am conveying at all. Covering aspects prior to MW murder only.

How would Armstrong know where Wilson was staying? Also I think there exists a lot more evidence of Armstrong stalking not only Wilson but Strickland too. I honestly think Armstrong had become obsessed with Strickland to the point of wanting to become Mrs. Colin Arturo Strickland and blamed Wilson for the demise of that romantic relationship.
I though in the Daily Mail article, it said that Mo had uploaded a recent bike workout to Strava. It showed the role leaving from the house where she staying and returning to it after the bike ride. Strava shows the map and exact route. If Mo's Strava account was open and public, KA hit the jackpot knowing exactly where she was staying and where to find her. What I'm unclear about is is she expected lying CS to also be there with Mo. After all CS and MW had just been together. Did KA watch CS drop MW off and leave or did she expect to find them together and FINALLY get to confront them both in person that CS was full of on this "platonic" "one week" relationship that even Mo's friend said in the arrest warrant - Jane - that it had been an on again off again thing.

According to Strickland, he and Armstrong were both "going their separate ways" only reconciled due in large part to co owning businesses together. Just the fact that Strickland had to "sneak around" and "cover his tracks" to enjoy some time with a female friend/ colleague shows how controlling and overbearing KA was. Strickland was a single guy not married and nobody should ever accept being followed around, checking their phone, harassing their friends online & by phone, spying on their social media is ever ok, it really is stalking and in this case ended in murder.
I have mixed feelings on this. When you know your partner is patently lying to you, a jealous partner is going to feel angry, duped, misled, and KNOWS the partner is lying. Was CS really being "stalked" by her or leading her on, "oh hey honey, what do you want for dinner" (after he had JUST eaten with Mo which is so dirty to manipulate KA like that), and then maybe she was going out of her mind trying to catch him in his lies and deceit.

Or was she just trying to get honest information and hold him accountable for the lies he was telling to pacify her? If all this was on so up and up, he would have been transparent and truthful about where he was and who he was talking to. It seems imo like he purposely hid the MW relationship from KA, not because he was "scared" of her, but because he was arrogant enough to think he could have both. He didn't want KA or MW to know the truth imo. He maybe have liked this little arrangement. And MW didn't even live in the same city, so he could feed her some lies or how KA was only his business partner, etc, still flirt with her, and then neglect to tell his girlfriend his true whereabouts. imo

I don't think CS should be sleuthed, but I thought public statements made by him freely to MSM outlets were fair game. He released a self-serving, public statement. That then contradicted everything later released in the police affidavit. These aren't judgments but facts. Particularly regarding the timeline and nature of his relationship with MW. I think that's extremely relevant to this case. He maye not be a suspect in this murder, but the contradictions in the affidavit point pretty clearly to the fact that he was playing them both. And pretending now to not know who MO was after spending the day of her murder biking and at dinner with her. Then lying to his girlfriend KA about it. I don't agree with anything KA did, but it's still bs to be deceived and misled like that and may have contributed to her emotional state and rage triggers to feel continuously lied to by someone who was admittedly not being transparent. (Not a defense for murder, just the chain of events that may have led up to this act.)

Yes it could be that KA was just a jealous stalker that he had to hide everything from -- but then just break up with her. He led her on. For years. He even said he never saw her to have a volatile personality, If his actions caused a trigger in KA, I don't think it's a legal defense, but it does help to pains a picture that made her possibly snap. jmo.

ETA: a gazillion typos fixed, sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
I though in the Daily Mail article, it said that Mo had uploaded a recent bike workout to Strava. It showed the role leaving from the house where she staying and returning to it after the bike ride. Strava shows the map and exact route. If Mo's Strava account was open and public, CA hit the jackpot knowing where to find her. What Im unclear about is is she expected lying CS to also be there with Mo. After all CS and MW had just been together. Did KA watch CS drop MW off and leave or did she expect to find them together and FINALLY get to confront them in person that CS was full of on this "platonic" relationship.

I have mixed feelings on this. When you know your partner is patently lying to you, a jealous partner is going to feel angry, duped, misled, and and KNOWS the partner is lying. Was CS really being "stalked" by her or leading her on, "oh hey honey, what do you want for dinner" and then was going out of her mind trying to catch him in his lies and deceit. If all this all so up and up, he would have been transparent and truthful about where he was and who he was talking to.

I don't think CS should be sleuthed, but I thought public statements made my him freely to MSM outlets were fair game. He released a self-serving, public statement. That then contradicted everything in the police affidavit. Particularly the timeline and nature of his relationship with MW. I think that's extremely relevant to this case. He made not be a suspect in this murder, but the contradictions in the affadvist point pretty clearly to the fact that he was playing them both. And pretending now to know who MO was after spending the day of her murder biking and at dinner with her. Then lying to his girlfriend KA about it. I don't agree with anything KA did, but that's bs to be deceived and misled like that and may have contributed to her emotional state and rage triggers to feel continuously lied to by someone who was admittedly not being transparent.

Yes it could be that KA was just a jealous stalker that he had to hide everything from, but then just break up with her. He led her on. For years. He even said he never saw her to have a volatile personality, If his actions caused a trigger in KA, I don't think it's a legal thing, but it does help to pain a picture that made her possibly snap. jmo.
Except she didn't "snap" this was a long slow burn that ended in the planned murder of Moriah Wilson.

Does anyone know what KA’s home address is listed on her arrest or warrant paperwork? CS has plenty of properties of his own in various counties he could go and live, but the one they were living in - I’m thinking it must be KA owned.

Does anyone know what KA’s home address is listed on her arrest or warrant paperwork? CS has plenty of properties of his own in various counties he could go and live, but the one they were living in - I’m thinking it’s KA owned.

The address listed on KA's arrest warrant is CS's home (where they were living together). Records show CS as 100% owner.

5301 FORT CLARK DR
AUSTIN, TX

The address listed on KA's arrest warrant is CS's home (where they were living together). Records show CS as 100% owner.

5301 FORT CLARK DR
AUSTIN, TX
Ok thank you! I didn’t sleuth CS, only KA. That made no sense lol! My brain is fried! I’ve been outside in the heat and need food and drink lol

Edit: oh goodness - please forgive my wording. I wasn’t implying anyone sleuthed CS.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what KA’s home address is listed on her arrest or warrant paperwork? CS has plenty of properties of his own in various counties he could go and live, but the one they were living in - I’m thinking it’s KA owned.
I'm sure I saw someone post the deed to the home CS & KA were residing in in Austin that showed Strickland is the owner of that particular property.

Keep in mind -- Austin real estate prices are insane. In my general area, houses built in the 1970s and 1,500 to 1,800 square ft in OK condition, are going for average $500,000+. These are houses that were well under $200,000 13 or 14 yrs ago. Prices began skyrocketing about 4 or 5 years ago.
I was just about to comment on the home prices in Austin. We live in Texas; and I have often seen complaints that people are priced out of the housing market in Austin; and that was before inflation hit! Here is a link to the 2022 forecast. Austin Housing Market: Prices, Trends & Forecasts 2022

Last edited:
You mean that you genuinely believe a jury might consider it some kind of justified homicide?

My head is spinning.
I guess I don’t trust juries…..or I was being noncommittal….

I personally can find no justification at all for Moriah’s violent murder at age 25. I see no legal mitigating factors.

I assumed KA would receive a life sentence. I figured that’s why she fled the US.

But many seem to feel she’ll be dealt with leniently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998