TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I don’t trust juries…..or I was being noncommittal….

I personally can find no justification at all for Moriah’s violent murder at age 25. I see no legal mitigating factors.

I assumed KA would receive a life sentence. I figured that’s why she fled the US.

But many seem to feel she’ll be dealt with leniently.
I hope not!! No leniency should be shown in my opinion. There is no reason for Moriah to be murdered. Period.

I personally can find no justification at all for Moriah’s violent murder at age 25. I see no legal mitigating factors.

I assumed KA would receive a life sentence. I figured that’s why she fled the US.

I don't think that she will be dealt with in a lenient fashion. I think that KA is very unstable. If it were a man, do you think that anyone would consider leniency? IMO, CS is a cad and a cheater. KA should have broken up with him and found someone else.

JMO.

Except she didn't "snap" this was a long slow burn that ended in the planned murder of Moriah Wilson.
I don't think she "snapped." I think this was long brewing. I think MW actually being in town and then the swim with CS and then CS lying about where he was and who he was with, may be the trigger that pushed her over the edge that day. But I have no idea. Was it planned? How long in advance? Premeditation can be right at the second of the crime. When you have the op to back out or stop and make a choice to continue to forward.

Last edited:
I don't think that she will be dealt with in a lenient fashion. I think that KA is very unstable. If it were a man, do you think that anyone would consider leniency? IMO, CS is a cad and a cheater. KA should have broken up with him and found someone else.

JMO.
True. A man would not be excused for having been two-timed.

1657138620211.png

1657138822838.png

So, MW blocks KA from calling her. Then, when she comes into town, she disregards the warnings and still sees her boyfriend. That is what enraged her. She had no idea what went on during that evening. It could have merely consisted of Mo telling CS that she wanted only a friendship. They were in public places the entire time. Weren't they?

Why didn't Kaitlin just confront her boyfriend? Why take it to such an extreme? Is there more that we don't know? Was she aware of other phone calls or communication between the two? It seems to me that she had to know more to resort to such an extreme from just this outing. Am I missing something?
^^rsbm

I've not seen any MSM about specific action by MW affecting her communication with either KA or CS including blocking KA calls -- just the opposite. Can you please share the link.

Reportedly, as told to investigators by CS, KA acted to block MW on CS's own phone where he had to store MW's contact info under a pseudonym to keep it from KA. In a text from MW to CS, she also acknowledged that her earlier texts to CS were not being delivered but she never mentioned KA.

The texts CS shared with Investigators clearly show that the couple had not resolved the blatant distrust in their relationship. KA seemingly didn't even trust CS to train on his own, where she slowed him down, making him "grumpy."

If not for the fact that a lovely 25-year-old woman was tragically shot dead here, I'd completely dismiss this unhealthy coupling of CS/KA, overflowing with sophomoric behavior.

If only they parted ways last October! KA could have traveled to Costa Rica on May 18 with her sister or maybe even a new partner -- using her own name and not having to cut off her hair and cut on her nose.

I have little doubt that the AA pg above will play heavily in the defense of KA: 34-year-old woman with serious boundary and trust issues, seemingly obsessed with and trying to hold on to a relationship that was clearly unhealthy for two intelligent adults.

Nobody wants their daughter, sister, or friend to be living the next episode of Oxygen's Snapped. It's sad that KA didn't put her energy into getting help for herself, or surround herself with people capable of putting her mental health needs first. IMO, KA's life is over. And for what?

No one in the justice system makes up their mind about these things before the legal process has even started.

For example, prosecutors might offer her a deal in exchange for a guilty plea. I guess that would be leniant, but it might be what MO's family would prefer.

There are many elements to consider and balance.

JMO

No one in the justice system makes up their mind about these things before the legal process has even started.

For example, prosecutors might offer her a deal in exchange for a guilty plea. I guess that would be leniant, but it might be what MO's family would prefer.

There are many elements to consider and balance.

JMO
I’ve wondered about a plea deal. What would be one that her high-powered defense team would be likely to take for a crime like this?

It's not about leniency. There are sentencing guidelines. If she has no criminal record, this was a crime of passion, she pleads guilty and shows remorse, she can get a lighter sentence. It will still be harsh because she tried to run.

I just don't think it will be LWOP. Most likely Life with parole, which is like 25 to life. There can also be a plea deal, but I think they have strong evidence for conviction, so there may be no point.

There could be an error on the service I used, but this came up. Where can we look to find if it’s correct?
There are several owned by CS and by KA and one joint ownership. The properties are in two different counties: Travis and Caldwell Counties. Both have public property search websites. I went back to my original post and put in a second link.

Yes it could be that KA was just a jealous stalker that he had to hide everything from, but then just break up with her. He led her on. For years. He even said he never saw her to have a volatile personality, If his actions caused a trigger in KA, I don't think it's a legal thing, but it does help to pain a picture that made her possibly snap. jmo.
I agree. If KA was a crazy jealous controlling stalker, break up with her. Ask her to move out. So what if you have businesses together? End the relationship and either agree to just remain business partners or start the dissolution/buy out process. Happens all the time when relationships - marriages, friendships, partnerships - end. Their co-owned business(es) and properties were not so complicated that he just had to stay to placate her if he truly wanted the relationship to be over! My assumption is that witness testimony from both sides will show that CS and KA appeared to everyone to be very much in a relationship - not one that just continued because they shared business interests.

I agree that KA is the one who is accused of murder here though, not CS. But, he did make public statements that conflict with the evidence in the affidavit... which didn't serve anyone except himself. Pointing out that his actions make him look like a dirtbag doesn't mean anyone is remotely excusing KA.

Thanks for the tip on YT creator that pulled together some history before KA scrubbed her social media from the internet.

I was also not surprised to hear of all the self-reported bio hype KA put out about her 34-year-old self, clearly overselling the person behind the mask. There is no self-made, independent, confident woman but an extremely insecure individual, cheating cosmetic providers out of fees, and one acting like a high school girl-- clinging to the letterman that's clearly just not that into her.

For example -- don't know where others got the idea that KA was some real estate mogul that can afford a murderer's bail or a hefty-priced attorney.

Public records show her portfolio appears to be limited to a couple of residential properties at only 1,160 and 1,047 sq ft!

As both properties were acquired mid-and late 2021--an insufficient period to build any equity or true appreciation. If forced to sell today, she'd be lucky to break even, and that's after considering she probably acted as the broker at acquisition.

In other words, I don't see KA making $3.5 bail anytime soon without generations behind her that IMO, would be best served by limiting their support to emotional rather than financial. MOO

4924 Manchester Cir, Austin, TX 78745 | realtor.com®

Appending to an earlier post to add KA owns 50% of another 1,094 sq ft.

All combined, KA probably has $75K equity or less. That's a far cry from $3.5M bond collateral, plus the non-refundable $350K fee required to get out of jail. MOO

Last edited:

I've been critical in regards to the case, but I wouldn't expect her to be dealt with leniently. She might for instance take a plea to Manslaughter, which if that was done it wouldn't be out of leniency but more a matter of the prosecutor weighing the certainty of that conviction against the gamble of how the jury would take the evidence if it went to trial where that bird in the hand might be worth it.

This question was asked and answered in the affidavit.

CS told investigators that KA would not have known where MW was staying and soon realized that her Stava App was open (viewable by all) and showed MW's ride earlier that day.
Hmm, I don’t see any mention of Strava in the affidavit (the one in document cloud). I know some articles have speculated KA could have tracked MW via Strava but haven’t seen law enforcement mention that app in affidavits or statements. Unless there is another affidavit out there.

I have little doubt that the AA pg above will play heavily in the defense of KA: 34-year-old woman with serious boundary and trust issues, seemingly obsessed with and trying to hold on to a relationship that was clearly unhealthy for two intelligent adults

I.can't see why that would be a defense strategy, it would mean admitting she did it. But that state of mind is not sufficient to argue insanity, since she was quite capable of driving a car, etc.

IMO, it would be like OJ testifying how desperately needy and jealous he was of Nicole Simpson.

She also couldn't argue self-defence, IMO.

I think the only defence strategy would be that it wasn't her, someone else unknown did it.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member