Still Missing Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the area of soft soil outside the girls bedrooms (as described by JC) was excavated at the second dig? I know the new owners had had that area concreted in ?87 and then later built on . So I am guessing that they didn't actually dig under that concrete and construction. I still believe that Lyn is there. IMO
I agree
The dig was abandoned way to short IMO.

"In another letter, penned a year after her daughter vanished, Ms Simms wrote about how Mr Dawson came to her house to drop off Lynette's belongings in 10 black garbage bags."

So it may have been around a year between Lyn's disappearance and Chris delivering the garbage bags full of her belongings? Depends how you decipher that quote above. It could be a case of a year later in a letter referring to something that had happened a while back? So it is nonconclusive, really.

"In another letter, penned a year after her daughter vanished, Ms Simms wrote about how Mr Dawson came to her house to drop off Lynette's belongings in 10 black garbage bags."

So it may have been around a year between Lyn's disappearance and Chris delivering the garbage bags full of her belongings? Depends how you decipher that quote above. It could be a case of a year later in a letter referring to something that had happened a while back? So it is nonconclusive, really.
Thank you. It sounds like JC had to bag them pretty soon after returning from South West Rocks; after which they were put in a linen closet. But, no time given.
https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...y/news-story/cdaa36c10ae9a9297bf8cf88cc51a09e I don't know how David can say Lyn's things were left respectfully in place, but what difference does it make, when JC's living there being steadily harrassed into marriage.

David is nothing if not consistent :

"Evidence against Chris Dawson used in his murder trial has been tailored by his spurned teenage lover to create further suspicions. We say that JC has over time tailored her evidence to increasingly implicate … or to suggest that Christopher Dawson was a desperate man who pursued her and came racing up to Southwest Rocks to get her."

Wow! Just wow!

Either CD was very unlucky with the ladies, or this defence insults the intelligence of the judge, and us all. Thing is-how could we know?
(I am finding this so frustrating, nothing is this guys fault!)
Pauline David has been a walking talking contradiction for the past few days and the judge has made no secret it is wearing thin.

Remember he thought he was God and even signed one card that way. Where’s my vomit emoji?
Right.
Its hard sometimes to fathom how a elegant, beautiful, educated, moralistic, motivated woman of Lyns class fell in absolute love with a character like Chris and kept faith to the very end even though they clearly had no common interests or grounds as a couple.

But I reason that she too was a 17 year old girl when this all established itself and at that time....at 17 Chris Dawson although already arrogant and misogynistic the 70s were a time that those traits where held by 'go getting' men.
My guess is Lyn thought he was all that and going to be all that more.

ROSE COLOURED GLASSES we phrase it here in Australia.

Remember he thought he was God and even signed one card that way. Where’s my vomit emoji?
Chris used to slip love letters into JC's schoolbag and sign them GOD.

Could you possibly think of anything more repulsive than a teacher slipping love letters into a teenage student's school bag and signing off on them as GOD?

Regardless of the outcome of this case, I hope Chris Dawson and the other teachers from the time who engaged in this deplorable and unlawful activity are called to answer for it.

JC needs no punishment about Lyns disappearance IMO.
She has paid her dues to LYN now.
She knows looking back clearly what transpired.

She copped her punishment full and solid living with that monster for 10 years.
Lynette at least had her own means of income and social networks to counter her cruel vindictive spouse...but Joanne didn't. Just how he liked it.

She is lucky she got away eventually.

moo

Chris used to slip love letters into JC's schoolbag and sign them GOD.

Could you possibly think of anything more repulsive than a teacher slipping love letters into a teenage student's school bag and signing off on them as GOD?

Regardless of the outcome of this case, I hope Chris Dawson and the other teachers from the time who engaged in this deplorable and unlawful activity are called to answer for it.
She must have enjoyed it at the time....
Her 50+ year self now I am sure likely pukes in her mouth every time she is reminded of it.

Yes side note this disgusting activity is being highlighted better late than never.

David is nothing if not consistent :

"Evidence against Chris Dawson used in his murder trial has been tailored by his spurned teenage lover to create further suspicions. We say that JC has over time tailored her evidence to increasingly implicate … or to suggest that Christopher Dawson was a desperate man who pursued her and came racing up to Southwest Rocks to get her."

Wow! Just wow!
Why? Not that it was ever a plausible reason, but JC won her custody battle years ago. Essential female malignity?
Pauline David has been a walking talking contradiction for the past few days and the judge has made no secret it is wearing thin.
I bet it's worn thin with her too; that she's told CD it doesn't make sense but that's what he's got and he's sticking to it. What can she do?

During her evidence, JC told the court Chris Dawson drove up to collect her from the Mid North Coast on January 10 or 11 and “installed” her in his Gilwinga Dr house to take care of his two young children. However, Dawson has argued - via Pauline David - that it was not until January 15, 16 or 17 that he arrived back in Sydney with JC.

Justice Ian Harrison questioned the importance of the timing.

Laughable argument by Pauline David and the judge sees right through the b.s.

Wife disappears and teenage lover is installed in the house a week later. Is that really any more decent or questionable than a day later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member