Found Deceased TX - Chrissy Powell, 39, San Antonio, Paralegal, didn’t arrive @work, BOLO, 5 July 2022

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
1657671623339.jpeg
The family of a Texas mom is stunned after the 39-year-old “vanished” last week while rushing to get to her job as a paralegal in San Antonio.

Chrissy Powell was last heard from when she called into work the morning of July 5 to let them know she was running late, reports KENS 5. Soon after, a doorbell cam captured Powell leaving her house in a hurry around 10:30 a.m. She strangely left her phone at home.

San Antonio, TX— #ChrissyPowell This is the last sighting of Chrissy a week ago. She was running late for work, she never made it to the law office she works for. She drives a 2020 Black Nissan Rogue (license plate: PYJ 8564)

Watch on Twitter
Right now, SAPD Missing Persons Unit is handling the case. There is even a 'BOLO' or Be on the Look-out for the car, which is a Black Nissan Rogue. The family, including family friend Lauren Leal is worried sick since it has been nearly a full week. Leal said Powell is like a sister to her because they have known each other all their lives.

"The unknown is the scariest part," she said. "It is fear in my mind right now." It is hard to wrap our minds around where she might be, what could have happened."
Last Tuesday, the paralegal called her work to say she was running late, but she never made it in. In the video, from her home, you see Powell walking out the front door on Redhill Place after 10:30 in the morning. The mother left her phone behind, because the family believes she was rushing to get to work. However, this would be the last time the family saw or heard from her.

"My fear is not ever knowing anything," Leal said. "I mean I think that would be the worst is spending the rest of my life looking for her. I will never give up."

San Antonio Police made a flyer stating the mother is a missing endangered adult. Police said Powell has a medical condition that requires a doctor's care. The family told KENS 5 the 39-year-old doesn't have her medicine. Leal said this is not in her friend's character to just vanish calling the disappearance bizarre. Police and the family have even checked the jail and hospitals.
1657671552858.jpeg

Local to me. No bad weather or rain since the 5th. San Antonio is very flood-prone so lots of drainage areas that can turn into raging rivers during periods of high rain but all are dry right now as we are in a drought. Only one way in/out of her neighborhood which coincidentally has a bridge over one of these large drainage areas. But like I said, these are dry right now and even when overgrown with brush, wouldn't hide a car.

Not sure which law firm she worked at but assuming towards downtown. So natural route from her home would be Apple Green Rd -> Huebner Rd -> I-10 -> downtown. No need to go off this route if she needed gas or drug store items. Lots of opportunities for business cameras on Huebner Rd. Wonder if they have checked her credit cards for activity yet? Tons of Transguide cameras along I-10 - ITS. These cameras are monitoring traffic, not recording it, but I have to think at least some of them are recording.

San Antonio has lots and lots of trees that could hide a vehicle. But nothing like this on what I am assuming is her route. No decently sized bodies of water inside the the loop that could hide a car - Woodlawn Lake maybe but it is probably very low due to drought conditions and it would be hard to get up enough speed around there to have an accident.

My thought is since they haven't located her car that she is with it. Hopefully they can find some camera footage on Huebner Rd. Was she digging through her purse looking for the phone she left at home and had an accident? Did she realize she left her phone at home and circled back to her house? Were she and her car abducted when she exited I-10? I wish I knew where she was going. I don't think she just walked away from everything - she had just adopted 2 dogs.

Well, not all jobs have a conventional 9-5 schedule, so this doesn’t strike me as especially odd…
You are right; not all jobs have strict 9-5 schedule, but she is a paralegal, and most law offices are open the usual hours, and attorneys work even longer hours, IME. As I mentioned, it was one of many questions I had.

Who knows what time she is supposed to be at work. Maybe she has a insomnia and takes a sleep aid. Maybe she just slept harder than normal that night. Maybe she had some drinks. Not important since she didn't die in her sleep. As a paralegal she needs to be professional and presentable so she probably had to shower, do her hair, put on makeup, etc. That could be the reason she was so late. There are no lakes or anything on her route to work is there? Maybe she was speeding, lost control of her vehicle and she's in the woods somewhere. The fact that she left her phone at home when she was rushing around doesn't strike me as strange. I sometimes forget my phone and I'm not even in a hurry. It's unfortunate that she did leave it behind as they have no way to ping and track her last movements. Does her car have some form of tracking in it?

I'd like to hear more from her family, as opposed to just her friend that considers her a sister. She's a mom, but is she single or married or divorced? This was the day after 4th of July- anything significant happen at any celebration she attended? Although running late is common and not necessarily nefarious, I wonder what made her run late that morning? Just some questions in my head...

Police also noted in the flyer that Ms Cowell has a medical condition that requires a doctor’s care.

“We just want you home,” Ms Leal said in her interview with Kens 5.

Just hours after not showing up for work, Ms Cowell’s mother, Claudia Mobley, issued her own plea on social media, asking the public for their help in locating her still missing daughter.

Interesting info re: her need for medication. Glad to hear from her mother and it's interesting that "just hours" after not showing up for work her mom issued a plea for help on social media.
ETA: She does seem a little unsteady on her feet in that video but I could just be reading into it.

Police also noted in the flyer that Ms Cowell has a medical condition that requires a doctor’s care.

“We just want you home,” Ms Leal said in her interview with Kens 5.

Just hours after not showing up for work, Ms Cowell’s mother, Claudia Mobley, issued her own plea on social media, asking the public for their help in locating her still missing daughter.

Interesting info re: her need for medication. Glad to hear from her mother and it's interesting that "just hours" after not showing up for work her mom issued a plea for help on social media.
ETA: She does seem a little unsteady on her feet in that video but I could just be reading into it.
She does seem to be a bit wobbly, as she steps outside the door. Does anyone know what her plans were for the evening before? Could she still have been feeling the effects of a few drinks at an Independence Day celebration? Does the medication she takes not interact well with alcohol? Could she have taken a sleep aid like Ambien the night before, and still been somewhat groggy as she rushed out the door to work? Was it just one misstep, from hurrying to get to work, as she was already late? If she felt so rushed that she left home without her phone are Apple watch, was she distracted while driving, perhaps looking though her purse for her phone? If she had an accident, especially that time of day, surely someone would have seen it, right? Same would seem to apply to getting carjacked. Very odd case. People and their cars do not just vanish in a big city in broad daylight, while enroute to work, without someone noticing. JMO

Last edited:
I would definitely check her usual route to work and look for areas where she may have driven into the water or driven into an area where her car can't easily be seen. For example: a heavily wooded median, a forested area, a ravine, a ditch etc... As stated above she may have been searching for her phone and had an accident.

It seems impossible but there was a case last year on long island where someone drove into the wooded area on a freeway exit and it hid his car for a few days.

I would definitely check her usual route to work and look for areas where she may have driven into the water or driven into an area where her car can't easily be seen. For example: a heavily wooded median, a forested area, a ravine, a ditch etc... As stated above she may have been searching for her phone and had an accident.

It seems impossible but there was a case last year on long island where someone drove into the wooded area on a freeway exit and it hid his car for a few days.
This makes the most sense, but I can't imagine anyone not witnessing that. Very odd- It's been 8 days...

Sorry, it was 3 years ago...
Yeah, I get it. I know it happens. This guy went off the road about 10pm though. There's less traffic on the road at that time as opposed to 10:30am in San Antonio.
ETA: Read the post upthread from a local. Good info on the surrounding area.

She is a Mom? Where are the kids? Who has custody if they are young? Where is husband or ex husband? Was she dating someone?

Does her car have toll road tags?

I know her family and friends miss her.
It looks like, from her Facebook posts, she has a young son. No mention of a spouse or partner. Log in or sign up to view

Stories such as this make me grateful for phones and AirTags. If she had left with her phone or with anything AirTagged she’d be found right now, whatever has arisen … she does look as though she is walking while impaired (at a party the night before?) and I can count on one hand the number of times that I have left my house without my phone in the last 20 years, *especially* once I became a mother - and in this case I’m inferring she may not have been the primary custodial parent (making it even more urgent to keep that phone close). So much info missing.

Local to me. No bad weather or rain since the 5th. San Antonio is very flood-prone so lots of drainage areas that can turn into raging rivers during periods of high rain but all are dry right now as we are in a drought. Only one way in/out of her neighborhood which coincidentally has a bridge over one of these large drainage areas. But like I said, these are dry right now and even when overgrown with brush, wouldn't hide a car.

Not sure which law firm she worked at but assuming towards downtown. So natural route from her home would be Apple Green Rd -> Huebner Rd -> I-10 -> downtown. No need to go off this route if she needed gas or drug store items. Lots of opportunities for business cameras on Huebner Rd. Wonder if they have checked her credit cards for activity yet? Tons of Transguide cameras along I-10 - ITS. These cameras are monitoring traffic, not recording it, but I have to think at least some of them are recording.

San Antonio has lots and lots of trees that could hide a vehicle. But nothing like this on what I am assuming is her route. No decently sized bodies of water inside the the loop that could hide a car - Woodlawn Lake maybe but it is probably very low due to drought conditions and it would be hard to get up enough speed around there to have an accident.

My thought is since they haven't located her car that she is with it. Hopefully they can find some camera footage on Huebner Rd. Was she digging through her purse looking for the phone she left at home and had an accident? Did she realize she left her phone at home and circled back to her house? Were she and her car abducted when she exited I-10? I wish I knew where she was going. I don't think she just walked away from everything - she had just adopted 2 dogs.
Her job is near I-10 and Vance Jackson Road- from one of the articles.

My old stomping grounds.

Yeah there's really not any kind of body of water that her vehicle could have disappeared into anywhere near her home/work/route between the two. So for me that leaves voluntary disappearance or foul play OR a mental health crisis that took her WELL out of the area, or at least outside of loop 1604 (in the opposite direction of work).

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back