NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 #15

Could somebody post the link to the "the ATM footage" I've never seen that....thanks

oops...I found it on youtube.....thanks,

Last edited:
So why would her father advise her to do that? (Rag in tailpipe.)

It was not for that reason. IIRC she had a faulty tailpipe and her dad advised her to use the rag in a pinch. It was to prevent something, smoke maybe, police attention? I believe he admitted it was terrible advice and it was not supposed to be a long term fix. IMO

This. I know that a rag in the tailpipe can lead to increased CO. I was asking why her father advised her to do it if she was concerned about being pulled over.
According to the O2 documentary, her car had numerous mechanical issues, one of which was excess smoke coming out of her exhaust. Fred suggested that if she had to get by police, she could stick a rag in the tailpipe, so police wouldn't see the smoke coming out. It wasn't practical advice, which Fred even admitted, but enough to at least prevent Maura from being pulled over.

In a news release, officials said the search on Wednesday of an area off Route 112 in Landaff and Easton is “not the result of new information in the case.”

Instead, it’s a “more extensive” search of surrounding areas that previously had been searched, they said. Officers from state police and New Hampshire Fish and Game are involved in the search.

I really hope they can find some answers. It's been so long.

Editing to add:
Does anyone know the area they are searching in these towns? There are ponds in Landaff and Easton, I am wondering if they were ever searched. The one in Easton is not very far from route 112 when looking at a map. Or if anyone ever searched the river that looks like it runs right beside route 112.

Last edited:
1657749446263.png
''Wednesday’s search is focused on an area about 5 miles up the road, where another witness reported the possible sighting of a young person "moving quickly" on the night of Murray’s disappearance, according to her sister, Julie Murray.

"This area, Landaff and Easton, is about 5 miles away from where Maura’s car was found," she told Fox News Digital Wednesday. "And it's in the easterly direction, the direction she was headed. The other encouraging point to this news is the fact that this was the focal point of a very early search back in May of 2004 from a local tip that stated a local saw a ‘young person running or moving quickly’ along that stretch of road. So for all of those reasons, this is really encouraging news from her family. "

Although Maura Murray may not have been dressed for the weather, her sister described her as a "gifted athlete," who excelled at distance running and academics and had a "great attitude" toward life. And she said there were signs that some of her last known acts were made with the "future in mind."

But if they had this information back then why are they just searching the area now 18 years later?

It was searched, though perhaps not thoroughly. From the article: "this was the focal point of a very early search back in May of 2004 from a local tip."

The focus at the time was around the area where her car was found, wasn't it?

eta: video of today's search. They had at least one dog. At one point you can see them poking under some brush like they're looking for something underneath. It looks like they only searched one specific area quite close to the road.

Police renew search in 2004 cold case of missing Mass. college student

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow