SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
A portrait of Buster Murdaugh Jr., Alex Murdaugh’s grandfather and a longtime Fourteenth Circuit Solicitor, hangs in the back of the Walterboro courtroom where Alex Murdaugh will face charges of killing his wife and son.

Isn't it ironic?
It should be removed for MURDAUGH proceedings.
Seriously.

Harpootlian wanted gag orders on evidentiary motions. Pushing for speedy trial, Jan mentioned Harpootlian mentioning Oct/Nov.

Judge said he isn't always a fan of gag orders, he will rule on the motions today in the future.

Iirc Paul’s phone was not unlocked at that time.

On Tuesday, June 15, SLED and the Colleton County Coroner's Office stated that the Murdaugh autopsies are complete and confirmed that both victims died from multiple gunshot wounds sometime between 9 and 9:30 p.m. on Monday, June 7. Their bodies were found outside the residence, relatively close to each other, on the ground near a dog kennel.

June 6, 2022

Video found on Paul Murdaugh’s now-unlocked phone shows Alex and Maggie talking by the dog kennels the evening of June 7, 2021, according to multiple sources.

Wonder if the Coroner can be trusted or has he been influenced by the family????

Harpootlian wanted gag orders on evidentiary motions. Pushing for speedy trial, Jan mentioned Harpootlian mentioning Oct/Nov.

Judge said he isn't always a fan of gag orders, he will rule on the motions today shortly.

I want to think the speedy trial move, because the state will probably want some time, is just to perhaps influence potential jurors, but Harpootlian seems serious anyway. I expect the gag order and a couple of years worth of speculation before we find out what happened here.

Judge Newman is great. I liked when he pretty much told Harpootlian this would be a public trial and not held in private. I really despise these attorneys.
I expect that request for a speedy trial to fly out the window pretty quick and be replaced with requests for extensions so Alex’s bought and paid for “experts” can look at everything. I guess they’ll be paid for with money Alex stole or from Maggie’s estate, the wife he murdered.
I liked the way the attorney for the state little statements about how much evidence they had against Alex. It seemed to annoy Harpootlian. He needs to be annoyed more.

I want to think the speedy trial move, because the state will probably want some time, is just to perhaps influence potential jurors, but Harpootlian seems serious anyway. I expect the gag order and a couple of years worth of speculation before we find out what happened here.
The State did say they have a lot of evidence and were willing to move forward expeditiously. I have no doubt they planned for this move by DH and are ready, that's why it took so long to arrest him IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pettylogic