KY - Kathryn McCoy, 20, charged in death of newborn, Louisville, 24 Oct 2007

What were her abortion options where she lived? I know they're limited in some parts of the midwest. She went to a Catholic college--did she go to a Catholic high school? Did anyone ever teach her all of her birth control and abortion options, and where to get them?

Okay so I thought about what ya'll said about walking a mile in her shoes and all, all day. And while I give you kudos for being able to believe this I just cant. There are too many resourses avalible for her NOT to murder her baby. While it will never happen, she deserves death IMO. Anyone who can hurt Babies, Elderly, and Pets are differant than most IMO. Again I give ya'll BIG kudos for being able to think that way, wish I could sometimes. Might make it easier to deal with all of this!

I don't deserve and kudos 'cause there are many perps I'd cheerfully draw and quarter all by myself. My compassion is mostly for mothers who kill; I guess that's where I differ from most. I can only begin to imagine the horrors, fears, anguish that must be in a woman's mind when she kills her own child. I'm talking about the Andrea Yates of this world and other like her - maybe this girl. I'm not talking Diane Downs or Susan Smith, although Susan had some mental issues which I'm sure contributed.

I've never been able to understand why women feel such hatred for other women who harm/kill their children. What gives any of us the right to judge the actions of someone else without walking a mile in their shoes?

I've never been able to understand why women feel such hatred for other women who harm/kill their children. What gives any of us the right to judge the actions of someone else without walking a mile in their shoes?

After Midnight,

It is precisely because many of us are mothers who would die to protect our own children or anyone else's child that we cannot stand to think anyone who is not totally evil would ever hurt a child, much less a newborn baby.

This girl had choices even after giving birth. There are people who would have loved to have this baby to love and cherish.

I guess me seeing friends who had babies at 13 yes 13 when I was younger and none of them even knew anything about having a baby but they didnt kill their babies. For me I see this girl as selfish to kill her baby so no one would know. I use the word hate because there are too many people unable to have kids and her being an adult she fully knew what she could have done. Maybe I am wrong but I dont think this girl has a mental prob, I see that smirk in her mugshot like she is saying dang it everyone knows now. Now andrea yates is the ONLY mother I have ever felt any compassion for. That poor woman was messed up in the head, the others are disgusting IMO

IMO, we DO have a right to judge the bottom dwellers of this world.

She gave up her rights to not be judged when she murdered her baby. She showed total disregard for human life. I agree with a previous post... She was a 19 yr old woman who knew exactly what she was doing. There were/are options and she choose the most horrible and tragic one. May she rot in hell for her actions.

I work with a girl who just graduated from Bellarmine. She didn't know the girl but knows some other girls who does. Apparently after she drowned the baby, she leaned out of the bathroom door and asked her roommate for a garbage bag and then locked herself back in the bathroom. Then left the bathroom and took the garbage bag with the baby in it and threw it in the laundry room. The roommate went in there after her to see what she was doing and discovered the baby. The denied it and when she learned that her roommate called the police she hid the baby in the duffle bag. She kept telling the police and the paramedics that she didn't know what they were talking about.... I really hope she gets what's coming to her.

I'm surprised the roommate didn't take the baby and start running...calling police when she was safely away from that psycho. I don't know if I would have left the baby...simply because the girl re-hid it. Not criticizing the roommate...who in the heck knows how angry/violent the psycho was.

I'm surprised the roommate didn't take the baby and start running...calling police when she was safely away from that psycho. I don't know if I would have left the baby...simply because the girl re-hid it. Not criticizing the roommate...who in the heck knows how angry/violent the psycho was.

She had already drowned the baby so at that point I don't think it would matter.

CPR? I've revived others before, after "dead" Maybe life-long problems..but alive. You'd be amazed at who survives...just an idea. I'm not belittling her...I might have tried more, though.

She gave up her rights to not be judged when she murdered her baby. She showed total disregard for human life. I agree with a previous post... She was a 19 yr old woman who knew exactly what she was doing. There were/are options and she choose the most horrible and tragic one. May she rot in hell for her actions.

I work with a girl who just graduated from Bellarmine. She didn't know the girl but knows some other girls who does. Apparently after she drowned the baby, she leaned out of the bathroom door and asked her roommate for a garbage bag and then locked herself back in the bathroom. Then left the bathroom and took the garbage bag with the baby in it and threw it in the laundry room. The roommate went in there after her to see what she was doing and discovered the baby. The denied it and when she learned that her roommate called the police she hid the baby in the duffle bag. She kept telling the police and the paramedics that she didn't know what they were talking about.... I really hope she gets what's coming to her.

I bolded the part that perplexes and disturbs me so very much. I do understand that this girl probably killed her baby and needs to be punished for it, but why is there so much hatred?

AM only speaking for myself but as I said before I hold hatred against her because IMO she knew what she was doing. She choose to kill her baby when there were so many differant things she could have done. I hold just as much hate against her as i do Susan smith, diane downs, etc... Why do they think it is right to just off their baby because she didnt want to be a mommy?

Yes, I do have hatred for her. I have hatred for anyone who harms an innocent person. But also it stems from my being told to never have any more children. It truly upsets me that she took for granted something that many can not have. There are many couples who would have loved to have that little girl and would have raised her in a loving compassionate home. But that selfish spoiled <blank> chose to end her little girl's life.

Yes, I do have hatred for her. I have hatred for anyone who harms an innocent person. But also it stems from my being told to never have any more children. It truly upsets me that she took for granted something that many can not have. There are many couples who would have loved to have that little girl and would have raised her in a loving compassionate home. But that selfish spoiled <blank> chose to end her little girl's life.
Are you getting anything else down In KY? I am not getting anything new in Indy!

((((MREG2))))) For all you have went through!

Are you getting anything else down In KY? I am not getting anything new in Indy!

((((MREG2))))) For all you have went through!

No I have not heard anything more. Right now the big news is the cop that was killed in an accident yesterday. <sigh> It's always something.

Thank you. I did have a miracle baby 5 months ago (our 3rd child) and we didn't know if I would be able to carry the pregnancy. The thought that we may have had to terminate sickened me. But the doctors supported us and we had our little boy. I would love to have another or 2 but I can't. My doctor said we dodged a bullet. We can't go through that again...

I bolded the part that perplexes and disturbs me so very much. I do understand that this girl probably killed her baby and needs to be punished for it, but why is there so much hatred?

You and I are very much of the same mind and heart when it comes to this case. I asked a similar question several months ago on another thread. I was/am often shocked at the truculent opinions expressed here - people who say they would be happy to murder this person themselves, etc..etc..

But I think a lot of people just vent here and I think this is a safe place to do that. I highly doubt that the people who I have seen post that they could do all sorts of terrible things to another human being would ever really do that in real life. They are angry and letting off steam.

It is human nature to want to see a "killer" as somehow separate and different from his/her "victim" and separate from the rest of us (non-human, if you will). We want to separate ourselves mentally and emotionally from people who act murderously.

I don't have that luxury because I believe we are all interconnected, and whenever I read about a new crime, I grieve as terribly for the perpatrator as for the victim. For me, violence is chain of pain with no good guys or bad guys - just wounded people and the aftermath of dark choices. My prayers for this confused young girl and the child she gave birth to.

You and I are very much of the same mind and heart when it comes to this case. I asked a similar question several months ago on another thread. I was/am often shocked at the truculent opinions expressed here - people who say they would be happy to murder this person themselves, etc..etc..

But I think a lot of people just vent here and I think this is a safe place to do that. I highly doubt that the people who I have seen post that they could do all sorts of terrible things to another human being would ever really do that in real life. They are angry and letting off steam.

It is human nature to want to see a "killer" as somehow separate and different from his/her "victim" and separate from the rest of us (non-human, if you will). We want to separate ourselves mentally and emotionally from people who act murderously.

I don't have that luxury because I believe we are all interconnected, and whenever I read about a new crime, I grieve as terribly for the perpatrator as for the victim. For me, violence is chain of pain with no good guys or bad guys - just wounded people and the aftermath of dark choices. My prayers for this confused young girl and the child she gave birth to.

Very nice post, thank you.

There was one thing though, LOL. You said:

"I don't have that luxury because I believe we are all interconnected, and whenever I read about a new crime, I grieve as terribly for the perpatrator as for the victim. For me, violence is chain of pain with no good guys or bad guys - just wounded people and the aftermath of dark choices.

I feel EXACTLY the way you do, except I don't believe we are interconnected - yet we empathize the same way. I find that very interesting, something to think about because I believe there is a profound truth here somewhere. Thank you.

Very nice post, thank you.

There was one thing though, LOL. You said:

I feel EXACTLY the way you do, except I don't believe we are interconnected - yet we empathize the same way. I find that very interesting, something to think about because I believe there is a profound truth here somewhere. Thank you.

The fact that we all empathize (and otherwise feel) the same way is one of the reasons I believe we are interconnected! Underneath, the bones all look the same, so to speak.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back