SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense consent to no bond, did I hear that right?
Yup. The defense will turn this around in their strategy to demand a speedy trial for their client that is languishing behind bars like a caged animal -- denied his State and US Constitutional rights, all the while making more noise for a speedy proceeding-- yada, yada...

This is INTERESTING and what we suspected.

adding that the evidence was tied to his slew of other alleged crimes. “A lot of that provides the background and the motive for what happened on June 7, 2021.”

Absolutely!
He was about to be exposed for the fraud that he is. So sad that this family was allowed to control peoples lives in a small town for so long and have so much control is about to end. And thank goodness for Renee Beach, that she would not allow her daughter, Mallory to be a silent victim of their wrong doing.

Jmo

Absolutely!
He was about to be exposed for the fraud that he is. So sad that this family was allowed to control peoples lives in a small town for so long and have so much control is about to end. And thank goodness for Renee Beach, that she would not allow her daughter, Mallory to be a silent victim of their wrong doing.

Jmo

I think they controlled more than their own town. IIRC, he and his father and grandfather(s) controlled the criminal justice system in the 14th Judicial Circuit, covering 5 counties. They decided who was arrested and prosecuted and who wasn't.

There are more than a few "cold cases" in that district, just sayin'.

Something I’ve been wondering. So when was it that law enforcement finally unlocked PM’s phone? Wasn’t it in last month or so? Does anyone else think that there’s more on that phone than maybe we all realize? I just feel like things sped up after that news broke? Was there more than just Maggie and Alex talking in the background?

Something I’ve been wondering. So when was it that law enforcement finally unlocked PM’s phone? Wasn’t it in last month or so? Does anyone else think that there’s more on that phone than maybe we all realize? I just feel like things sped up after that news broke? Was there more than just Maggie and Alex talking in the background?
Don't know the exact date but there's this:

June 6, 2022:
"Video found on Paul Murdaugh’s now-unlocked phone shows Alex and Maggie talking by the dog kennels the evening of June 7, 2021, according to multiple sources."

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/06/06...nst-alex-murdaugh-in-murder-case-sources-say/

Also, there's this from today:

"In the immediate aftermath of the crime, Murdaugh told investigators that he was visiting his dying father and his mother about 11 miles away at their home in Varnville at the time of the murders.

Two weeks later, his brothers John Marvin and Randy Murdaugh told Good Morning America that he had in fact dropped his father at a hospital in Savannah before going to visit his mother, who has dementia.

Now, according to an account given by Murdaugh's lawyer Jim Griffin to The State newspaper, Murdaugh claims to have left the property around 9pm to make the 20-minute drive to his mother's house and returned to Moselle as originally claimed around or shortly after 10pm.

It is an account that places him squarely on the scene within the timeframe of the killings.

It has been speculated that audio and video data gleaned from Paul's cellphone found by his body, but only recently unlocked by law enforcement, is what prompted Murdaugh's dramatic change of tune.

Independent local news website FITSNews has reported that not only does this audio and video data show Murdaugh speaking with Maggie, but that 'high velocity impact spatter' of blood found on his clothing that night places him at the scene of the murders when at least one of the victims was killed."

June 6, 2022:
"Video found on Paul Murdaugh’s now-unlocked phone shows Alex and Maggie talking by the dog kennels the evening of June 7, 2021, according to multiple sources."

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/06/06...nst-alex-murdaugh-in-murder-case-sources-say/

"In the immediate aftermath of the crime, Murdaugh told investigators that he was visiting his dying father and his mother about 11 miles away at their home in Varnville at the time of the murders.

Two weeks later, his brothers John Marvin and Randy Murdaugh told Good Morning America that he had in fact dropped his father at a hospital in Savannah before going to visit his mother, who has dementia.

Now, according to an account given by Murdaugh's lawyer Jim Griffin to The State newspaper, Murdaugh claims to have left the property around 9pm to make the 20-minute drive to his mother's house and returned to Moselle as originally claimed around or shortly after 10pm.

It is an account that places him squarely on the scene within the timeframe of the killings.

It has been speculated that audio and video data gleaned from Paul's cellphone found by his body, but only recently unlocked by law enforcement, is what prompted Murdaugh's dramatic change of tune.

Independent local news website FITSNews has reported that not only does this audio and video data show Murdaugh speaking with Maggie, but that 'high velocity impact spatter' of blood found on his clothing that night places him at the scene of the murders when at least one of the victims was killed."

Also, I’ve wondered about the 2 guns on the scene. I’ve lived around the area my entire life and happen to be in agriculture the same amount of time. Crops are ginger(young) and ripe for wildlife to destroy from early April to early June. It was June 7th when these murders occurred. Sunflowers, Corn, Peanuts, Cotton etc.. get destroyed by deer, hogs, raccoons etc…at night mainly...Many hunters/farmers are out after dark to thin wildlife from destroying crops. All with a permit of course. The Murdaughs lived on 1770 acres with supposedly plenty of hunting fields. (Sunflowers and most likely dry land corn). My point is…maybe AM and PM (avid hunters) were planning on going out that night to “shine” deer or hogs from destroying the crops they had recently planted. (I’ve read PM was there to check or maintain dove fields). Which would explain the two guns. A father/son hunting trip as you will. AM shoots PM by “accident”. Which lures/calls/or drives to the house to get MM to the scene. Jumps out. Car running. Freezes. And unfortunately we know what happens next. Just a thought

June 6, 2022:

I figured it was just audio as PM was filming a dog he was kenneling. This looks like there is video too.
Wow!!

Unknown to Paul what was going down. To him it was probably just another parent argument.

So, ole daddy must not have known he was recording a video. Or else AM would have gotten rid of that phone.

Just wow!!

June 6, 2022:

How close does one have to be to be "spattered with blood"?

Also, I’ve wondered about the 2 guns on the scene. I’ve lived around the area my entire life and happen to be in agriculture the same amount of time. Crops are ginger(young) and ripe for wildlife to destroy from early April to early June. It was June 7th when these murders occurred. Sunflowers, Corn, Peanuts, Cotton etc.. get destroyed by deer, hogs, raccoons etc…at night mainly...Many hunters/farmers are out after dark to thin wildlife from destroying crops. All with a permit of course. The Murdaughs lived on 1770 acres with supposedly plenty of hunting fields. (Sunflowers and most likely dry land corn). My point is…maybe AM and PM (avid hunters) were planning on going out that night to “shine” deer or hogs from destroying the crops they had recently planted. (I’ve read PM was there to check or maintain dove fields). Which would explain the two guns. A father/son hunting trip as you will. AM shoots PM by “accident”. Which lures/calls/or drives to the house to get MM to the scene. Jumps out. Car running. Freezes. And unfortunately we know what happens next. Just a thought
But this doesn't account for PM recording audio and video of the parents arguing.
Hmmm.....

But this doesn't account for PM recording audio and video of the parents arguing.
Hmmm.....
Correct. But were those videos at 7PM or 9PM? Lots of talk about MM and PM getting to Moselle at 7. There’s 2 hours in question. Do they go back to the house at 7-730 to eat? Then PM and AM head back down to kennels to go on a hunt? at say 8:30-9? When did MM visit the elder Murdaugh. Did she even do it?

After Patrick Frazee I just never thought someone could be more stuck on stupid.

Lets just cut to the chase:

* There's blood spatter on Alex Murdaugh’s clothes.

* Data from his phone, watch, and vehicle GPS all contradict his being at the hospital with his father at the time of the murders.

* Now, there is audio and video from PM's cell phone, AM arguing with Maggie shortly before she was killed.

This all comes from a man who says he was fixing a flat.....*cough* a tire that fixes itself.

My own opinion is.... this kind of thinking comes from getting away with stuff over and over and over and over. After while it just becomes second nature. Because you know you're going to get away with it.

I'm editing this to add: How stupid was he that he never thought MM would text someone else about "having" to meet up with Alex....

Last edited:
<snipped>& BBM

Alex Murdaugh Borrows Clothes from Lawyer’s Son So He Can Plead Not Guilty to Murdering His Own

Prosecutors alleged that Maggie had been killed with an assault rifle while apparently attempting to flee the scene. Paul had been fatally shot with a shotgun at close range. Refusing to go into detail, South Carolina Assistant Attorney General Creighton Waters added during the bond hearing in Colleton County court on Wednesday that investigators had substantial forensic evidence that tied the former lawyer to the double murders.

“The evidence all came back to one person and that was Alex Murdaugh,” Waters said, adding that the evidence was tied to his slew of other alleged crimes. “A lot of that provides the background and the motive for what happened on June 7, 2021.”

Murdaugh sat plain-faced, flanked by his two attorneys as prosecutors argued he should be held without bail. Behind a frail-looking Murdaugh, who had a shaved head and wore a white face mask, sat over a dozen members of the media—and a portrait of his late grandfather who once prosecuted cases in the same courthouse as a solicitor.

The only time Murdaugh spoke on Wednesday when he pleaded not guilty and said he would like to be judged “by God and my country.”
“The evidence all came back to one person and that was Alex Murdaugh,” Waters said, adding that the evidence was tied to his slew of other alleged crimes. “A lot of that provides the background and the motive for what happened on June 7, 2021.”

BBM

The audit.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads