Identified! British man, 40, found dead in Florence hotel with injured woman, Jul'22 - Ricky Bibey

RobinCAL

Reaction score

A 40-year-old British man has been found dead at a hotel in Florence, local media have reported.
The man was found by hotel staff on Saturday morning alongside a seriously injured 43-year-old woman, thought to be his partner.
The woman is being treated at the Italian city's Careggi hospital.

Investigators believe she may have been forced into some form of erotic game and then tried to fight off Mr Bibey, as the postmortem revealed wounds on his wrists and necks.

Wow..keeps getting weirder.

I imagine the mystery couple isn't involved?

How does a "sex game gone wrong" lead to one person dead and the other with blood loss requiring surgery?
Hugely questionable reporting from the Sun......since when do police hope to speak with someone in intensive care? If a patient is in intensive care they are invariably in an induced coma or heavily sedated.

Investigators believe she may have been forced into some form of erotic game and then tried to fight off Mr Bibey, as the postmortem revealed wounds on his wrists and necks.

Wow..keeps getting weirder.

I imagine the mystery couple isn't involved?
What kind of "game" was it if she was covered in blood and needs several surgeries?? o_O
And the man is dead.

Too much alcohol and drugs, unfortunately.

What kind of "game" was it if she was covered in blood and needs several surgeries??
And the man is dead.

Too much alcohol and drugs, unfortunately.
Could it be that wounds were self-inflicted as a consequence of RB's death, which was either by accident or foul play.

The time the woman was found screaming and 'covered' in blood is interesting....08:00! Maybe the 'original incident' happened some hours before?

MOO

Last edited:
Looking at the photos pictured in an earlier post of the interior of one of their hotel rooms, I'm curious if their 'games' were happening in the bathtub area which seems to be lofted and surrounded by glass banister fencing above the main floor of the room. Wondering if an accident occured whereby she, he or they ended up breaking through that glass fencing and falling down onto main floor.

Edit to add: Photos of rooms' interior in this article previously posted:

I think ICU staffing is usually 1 nurse to either 2 or 3 patients, depending on acuity. Those on a ventilator will be 1:1.

Yep, 1:1 or 1:2 generally depending on the clinical interventions/drugs. My original point was that many interventions need quite heavy sedation purely because of their often invasive nature, e.g. intubation.

Those with serious head injuries are often placed into an induced coma.

I spent many a night 'guarding' patients in ICU. it wasn't that they were going anywhere, more a case of who may come looking for them!

If I was fully conscious, lying in a hospital bed with all that bleeping would drive me bonkers....I'd want to be sedated.

It was reported by Italian Police via the Daily Mail that his girlfriend has tested positive for cocaine in her system at the hospital where she is being treated.

It was reported by Italian Police via the Daily Mail that his girlfriend has tested positive for cocaine in her system at the hospital where she is being treated.

Yeah, I'm not surprised by drugs being found as there was an article linked in a couple of days ago mentionning drugs were being investigated as part of this tragedy as well. Attempting to determine whether they brought them into the country or sourced them locally. It didn't mention which drug however or why, but I'm not surprised it was in her (their??) systems.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back