TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownRice

Reaction score
Texas police are hunting for a 34-year-old yoga teacher accused of shooting dead the leading U.S. gravel cyclist, dubbed the 'winningest woman in America', because she'd had a brief relationship with her boyfriend.

Kaitlin Armstrong has not been seen since May 13 - two days after the murder of Moriah Wilson, 25 who was found covered in blood at a friend's home in East Austin on May 11.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Armstrong, a yoga teacher, who remains on the run and has deleted all her social media accounts.

Armstrong's boyfriend Colin Strickland, also a professional cyclist, had a brief romantic relationship with Wilson in October when he and his girlfriend of three years were on a break.

He and Armstrong got back together shortly after his fling with Wilson but his girlfriend only found out about the one-week dalliance in January. “

Yoga teacher, 34, 'murders world class cyclist, 25, in jealous rage'

Link to timeline created by Websleuths member cujenn81:
Kaitlin Armstrong Trial
Kaitlin Armstrong Trial [ABRIDGED]

Link to Timeline prepared by Websleuths member SMK777

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:
CS has NOT been named as a SUSPECT or a POI in this murder case.
He is not a subject to bash on this thread no matter what your personal opinion of him may be. He cannot be sleuthed nor speculated about.

Please keep the focus on the victim and the suspect in this case, and move on from gossip about CS.

ADMIN NOTE:

Some posts have been removed. CS has been cleared by LE and KA is the only person charged with this crime. Please stop the negative speculation about anyone else's involvement in this crime.

Thank you.

Thank you for posting this, I enjoyed listening and am searching for any new information that might be available. I did notice the lady reporter in the video described Armstrong & Strickland relationship as being together for "years and years and years", lol Strickland broke up with Armstrong at the 2 year mark and barely making year 3 when Armstrong allegedly murdered Wilson, Strickland's friend. 3 years was hardly a long relationship, seems relatively brief one yet I keep reading "long term bf/gf", "long term committed relationship" etc.
Cofer of course is going to look to blame anyone possible other than his murderous client. Wilson's former bf isn't even a good red herring, easily proven where he was when Wilson was being murdered. Is Armstrong paying for Cofer & Co? How? With what funds? It seems clear nobody close to Armstrong has the funds to spring her nor does she herself have means. Will she get to jump ahead of all others waiting for long period of time for their trials? Will she somehow get Texas taxpayers to pick up her astronomical legal bills and be allowed to pick a legal dream team as public defender? It seems KA lived on credit cards & OPM traveling about and buying properties, the "financial guru", "could retire at 34"... what a mirage.

I don't know if this is new information:
On the state's side, the District Attorney's Office has stayed fairly quiet, but an application for subpoena obtained by the Chronicle showed the state is looking into Armstrong's hospital records (including emergency room records, EMS reports, blood tests, CT scans, and blood alcohol content) from St. Joseph Medical Center in Houston on July 2, three days after Armstrong's arrest in Costa Rica.
I'm not sure if this means she went to the hospital after she was sent back to the US or if this was filed after she got back to the US.

On the state's side, the District Attorney's Office has stayed fairly quiet, but an application for subpoena obtained by the Chronicle showed the state is looking into Armstrong's hospital records (including emergency room records, EMS reports, blood tests, CT scans, and blood alcohol content) from St. Joseph Medical Center in Houston on July 2, three days after Armstrong's arrest in Costa Rica.
I'm not sure if this means she went to the hospital after she was sent back to the US or if this was filed after she got back to the US.
Certainly very interesting. I would think perhaps this would maybe have to do with medications or maybe even
narcotics?

^^rsbm

I think it's both. We know the subpoena was filed after KA arrived in the US, and since this involves a medical facility located in Houston, TX where the defendant first arrived from CR, it follows that she was treated there upon her arrival or sometime before being transported to Austin around July 5. JMO

I'm not sure we should draw a HUGE number of conclusions from the testing, etc. It was upon arrival at Houston, where she was flown from San José. CR might have required that all the testing be done, as evidence of a clean handover from CR to US. Or the US Gov might have wanted the testing for the same reason. Everything squeaky clean.

I would guess she'd have been checked for signs of assault, too, just so no one can later claim that she was roughly handled in the days between the beach and Houston.

IMO it's going to be very helpful later that defense can't come up with some cockamamie excuse about process, deportation, rights....

I would imagine she didn't get to have alcohol on the plane like the folks who pay their own way.....

I'm not sure we should draw a HUGE number of conclusions from the testing, etc. CR might have required that all the testing be done, as evidence of a clean handover from CR to US. Or the US Gov might have wanted the testing for the same reason. Everything squeaky clean.
^^rsbm

I disagree that anything specifically required by CR would be performed on the US side.

I'm also familiar with immigrant visa interviews at the US Embassy in San Jose, CR which requires a medical exam in CR prior to the interview. And in comparison, I don't know who wouldn't appreciate the fees associated with the required medical exam including $10 blood tests and $20 chest x-rays. JMO

Armstrong lied to everyone about getting plastic surgery even though she's sporting a different face and a receipt was found in her locker showing 6350.00 Ava plastic surgery clinic under one of her aliases. Investigators could be getting medical corroboration KA needed follow up medical/medication for plastic surgery procedure(s). Very important for a jury to know the stealth and measure this alleged killer went to disappear. JMO

Armstrong lied to everyone about getting plastic surgery even though she's sporting a different face and a receipt was found in her locker showing 6350.00 Ava plastic surgery clinic under one of her aliases. Investigators could be getting medical corroboration KA needed follow up medical/medication for plastic surgery procedure(s). Very important for a jury to know the stealth and measure this alleged killer went to disappear. JMO
^^bbm

From surveillance of KA's arrest in CR, it appeared to me that she was not given the opportunity to pack and collect her bits.

We know she also left things behind in her locker that were later collected by US Marshalls (i.e., passports, Covid Vac, SSN card, etc.).

IMO, any narcotic Rx labeled left behind labeled as the property of somebody other than KA would probably have been confiscated as evidence. And if she was exercising her right to remain silent, that could have made for a very uncomfortable flight home.

Recovering from recent oral surgery myself, the idea of being without my night-time ice pack, antibiotic oral rinse, and Rx pain relief for a day let alone more in addition to a flight to TX to face the music is simply unfathomable to me. :eek:

I've coming out of lurk mode. This article came across my radar screen this evening. Not sure I'd seen this exact one posted here.
Kaitlin Armstrong’s medical records subpoenaed by prosecutors in cycling pro Mo Wilson murder case
Sounds to me like the D.A.'s office is looking for evidence that she actually did have plastic surgery while in Costa Rica, and they think that the emergency room tests/medical check-up, etc. will give them the information they need to build their case. Makes sense that they would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member