Identified! CA - Rancho Cucamonga, WhtFem 633UFCA, 15-30, in vineyard, Jun'79 - *GRAPHIC* - Karen Marie Heverly

I also believe this is a victim of Rodney Alcala.
Robin Samsoe, a 12 year old girl, was abducted on June 20,1979 by Rodney Alcala from Huntington Beach,CA while riding her bike to ballet class.
She was found July 20,1979 only about 24 miles from where the Rancho Cucamonga Jane Doe was found.
So RCJD was killed first and within that span, of time, close to a victim of Alcala's.
I believe the same killer committed both.
They even look alike.
Alcala had his photo storage in Seattle. So perhaps on the way back he could've grabbed another victim.
I think a likely person to match this Doe would be
Andria Ann Bailey
Andria Ann Bailey was from Spanaway, WA.
She was 16 years old. The photo on Namus is NOT the correct age of her missing at 16 years old. She looks 8 to 11 in that photo.
She was left in the care of her grandmother while her parents were in the military in Germany.
She wasn't reported missing UNTIL 10 years later on October 29, 1989 by her mother.
October 29, 1979 is the day she went missing?
Reported missing the SAME day 10 years later? That date is inaccurate obviously. The shoes are consistent with those that people in Washington wear. The facial similarities are there as is the gap between the two front teeth. I've tried to find another photo of Andria Ann Bailey that's online to no avail.
This is Andria Ann Bailey missing from Spanaway, WA in 1979 at the age of 16.
Just a suggestion.
Andria Bailey at The Charley Project:
Andria Ann Bailey – The Charley Project

Andria Bailey thread:

@Detailz nice write-up. And Andria isn't shown as a comparison in Namus (and the UID isn't shown in Andria's r/out list either), so can't see if she's been ruled out. Have you submitted through the DoeNetwork site? They usually respond back to you fairly quickly to tell you if there has already been a comparison made.
Yes.
@Detailz nice write-up. And Andria isn't shown as a comparison in Namus (and the UID isn't shown in Andria's r/out list either), so can't see if she's been ruled out. Have you submitted through the DoeNetwork site? They usually respond back to you fairly quickly to tell you if there has already been a comparison made.
Yes. I've submitted her for comparison through the Doe Network.

Andria Bailey at The Charley Project:
Andria Ann Bailey – The Charley Project

Andria Bailey thread:
Also, keep in mind her parents were in the military, stationed in Germany at the time. For over a year. Left with the grandmother. Went missing "allegedly" in October 1979.
She went missing allegedly on October 29 1979
But WASN'T REPORTED MISSING until 10 years later by her mother on OCTOBER 29, 1989
THE EXACT DAY??
NO.
something isn't right with that date or ANY of their story.
10 years? You waited 10 years to file a report? Something's very very off with this story. Maybe the family knew the suspect and delayed reporting due to that fact.
Then the mother's guilt over NOT reporting and to ease the feeling of responsibility and loyalty reported it against family wishes.
I don't know, but Alcala's stash of photos definitely needs to be gone through with facial recognition software and hooked to the missing person's database to find matches. Looking at the shoes in the photos would be a definite identifier for whoever this Jane Doe could be.

There's something very very wrong in this rendering. The hair of the Rancho Cucamonga Jane Doe is Brown. NOT black. The morgue photos absolutely show it as brown. They need to update that detail. Plus she looks Hispanic in this rendering. She was a white female. NOT Hispanic or Latino.

Very very good info about the biography, family situation and alleged factors in the disappearance of
Andria Ann Bailey
More info, better info from Canada

Regarding the Andria Ann Bailey disappearance, I'm also leaning towards Oregon and Washington as a place of the victim to reside because of one factor.
The SHOES.
These are listed as "lower quarter Earth Shoes" . That's incorrect.
"Lower Quarter" is Correct, it means below the ankle.
"Earth Shoes" were a brand of shoe developed by a yoga instructor that raised the tip of the toe and lowered the heel 37°.
So your toes were elevated. The Earth Shoes Heel and sole was a generic waffle pattern.
THESE are NOT Earth Shoes.
These Shoes say A LOT about this person. People wear shoes for comfort, style and necessity. This ISN'T some shoe a teenage girl would wear for fashion sense. Note the tread pattern of the sole. There's mountains patterns on it.
If this shoe were used on concrete the bottoms would be worn out much faster than that of walking in mud or dirt or grass.
I'm thinking this person lived in a rural area. Was wearing these shoes when missing and was on foot. There's very little mud and dirt on the bottom of the shoe and tops and sides. For a victim to be found in a dirt, mud-filled wet vineyard she didn't walk much there.
Since this was the only clothing on her at the time other than her socks. (Which are listed in Namus as GREEN, NO these socks are white or off-white possibly athletic socks)
Very little dirt anywhere . The abduction happened somewhere else. A teenage girl from California wouldn't wear these to the beach or the mall, unless she was from out of town and didn't have other Shoes. Or hitchhiking from the Pacific Northwest. Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220804-164711_Facebook-02.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220804-164711_Facebook-02.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 8
Regarding the Andria Ann Bailey disappearance, I'm also leaning towards Oregon and Washington as a place of the victim to reside because of one factor.
The SHOES.
"Earth Shoes" were a brand of shoe developed by a yoga instructor that raised the tip of the toe and lowered the heel 37°.
So your toes were elevated. The Earth Shoes Heel and sole was a generic waffle pattern.
These Shoes say A LOT about this person. People wear shoes for comfort, style and necessity. This ISN'T some shoe a teenage girl would wear for fashion sense. Note the tread pattern of the sole. There's mountains patterns on it.
If this shoe were used on concrete the bottoms would be worn out much faster than that of walking in mud or dirt or grass.
I'm thinking this person lived in a rural area. Was wearing these shoes when missing and was on foot. There's very little mud and dirt on the bottom of the shoe and tops and sides. For a victim to be found in a dirt, mud-filled wet vineyard she didn't walk much there.
Since this was the only clothing on her at the time other than her socks. (Which are listed in Namus as GREEN, NO these socks are white or off-white possibly athletic socks)
Very little dirt anywhere . The abduction happened somewhere else. A teenage girl from California wouldn't wear these to the beach or the mall, unless she was from out of town and didn't have other Shoes. Or hitchhiking from the Pacific Northwest. Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana.
I definitely feel she had been lured/abducted and been dumped in the vineyard from elsewhere, and not walked in it, but I personally don't feel from the shoes that she was likely to be from the PNW although I guess she could have been. I'm from the PNW. While we love our mountain motifs, I'm not sure the boots are necessarily from here. There are parts of California that are quite outdoorsy and rural that she may have hiked in, especially northern CA. It's not all beaches! It is possible, though.

In cases like this, I think of Michelle Garvey, who ran away from home in Connecticut, was on the road for a month, and then was murdered in Texas, at only 15. Some runaways who hitchhiked died very early on from hitching a ride with the wrong person, and others were safe for a while, until they weren't. I do feel she was a hitchhiker who met the wrong person. It's just a matter of finding out where from...it is probably more likely she was from the West Coast IMO.

NCMEC Recon
View attachment 356575
The hair of Rancho Cucamonga Jane Doe is Incorrect in color. Per the morgue photos it's absolutely brown- not black. They need to compare the 2 and revise this important detail.
That being said, Carl K's version is most accurate. We need MORE Carl K's.
Thanks

Good analysis. That style of shoe was extremely popular in the late 70s among the hippie-earth-back-to-nature crowd (like me). The whole "if you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair" vibe. So I think it probably says more about her personality than about her origin. I feel like I should recognize that mountain pattern. Like I may have owned a similar pair myself. Danged failing memory...

The SHOES.
I'll have to respectfully disagree with a few comments here:

"Earth shoe" is a brand, but it's also a generic term for any kind of shoe with a negative heel. The pair this Jane Doe wore appear to be a very generic sneaker-style shoe. Here's a different view from her Unidentified Awareness Wikia page:
Rancho_Cucamonga_boot.jpg

To me they look like very generic sneaker-type shoes. Exactly the sort of footwear a teenager would wear, especially when they need to walk a decent amount, such as if they were hitchhiking.

It's also hard to make out the color of her socks due to the yellowish tinge of the photos. Such is the peril of shooting on '70s film! They are clearly some light color. However, they appear to be more white than green.

Next, the tread pattern:

53512_Jane_Doe_02_79_Shoes_02.jpg

The treads also appear to be starting to wear at the heel. Assuming the image is of both shoes (not just one shoe, side and treads) she seems to have walked with a distinct gait. Her heels, especially the very back, hit the ground hard and the rest of the foot followed quickly after. Then she lifted the whole foot up at once or near to it. The heel treads are starting to flatten, but the rest is almost intact. Her feet may have pronated, or leaned towards the outside, very slightly. Note the longer stripe of wear on the outside vs inside.

(edited to fix first image--I accidentally deleted it)

The strange thing is the disappearance of
Angela Mae Meeker also in relationship to the Rancho Cucamonga Jane Doe and Andria Bailey.
Angela Mae Meeker is around the same age range height and weight of the Rancho Cucamonga and Andria Bailey.
So it IS VERY possible that all 3 were victims of Rodney Alcala.
Alcala seemed to develop a "type" of victim to prey upon.
Robin Samsoe (confirmed victim of Alcala)
The going back and forth between Seattle and California to his storage is interesting. He's storing souvenirs, momentos and photos of his victims. That's his life's work to him. Tacoma wasn't far from Seattle, only 35 miles SOUTH of Seattle he could've easily spotted her at the Tacoma mall and followed her. I've read that in July 1979 he visited Seattle again which means he should be looked at for Andria Bailey and Angela Mae Meeker. He also would travel with his cameras. Rodney Alcala Could've shown up at the Oregon walk a thon and abducted Ann Marie Ellinwood
from that walk-a-thon in Corvallis Oregon in 1978 as well while posing as a photographer for the press. She also was 5'2" tall and about 95lbs
It's along the I-5 corridor he would've taken on his trips to the Seattle storage unit.
So the number of victims of abductions and murders around that time were very heavy.
The I-5 route fits Andria Ann Bailey and Angela Mae Meeker.
The hundreds of photos that Rodney Alcala had stored in that storage unit in Seattle are now in the possession of the Huntington Beach Police Department.
Here's a link to one article about it featuring 200 of the photos. Most are edited by the publisher.
They are worth looking through although I don't know of a central website set up by the Huntington Beach Police to showcase these and ask for tips of their identities yet.
He was active in Wyoming, New York, California and many other states.

The strange thing is the disappearance of
Angela Mae Meeker also in relationship to the Rancho Cucamonga Jane Doe and Andria Bailey.
Angela Mae Meeker is around the same age range height and weight of the Rancho Cucamonga and Andria Bailey.
So it IS VERY possible that all 3 were victims of Rodney Alcala.
Alcala seemed to develop a "type" of victim to prey upon.
Robin Samsoe (confirmed victim of Alcala)
The going back and forth between Seattle and California to his storage is interesting. He's storing souvenirs, momentos and photos of his victims. That's his life's work to him. Tacoma wasn't far from Seattle, only 35 miles SOUTH of Seattle he could've easily spotted her at the Tacoma mall and followed her. I've read that in July 1979 he visited Seattle again which means he should be looked at for Andria Bailey and Angela Mae Meeker. He also would travel with his cameras. Rodney Alcala Could've shown up at the Oregon walk a thon and abducted Ann Marie Ellinwood
from that walk-a-thon in Corvallis Oregon in 1978 as well while posing as a photographer for the press. She also was 5'2" tall and about 95lbs
It's along the I-5 corridor he would've taken on his trips to the Seattle storage unit.
So the number of victims of abductions and murders around that time were very heavy.
The I-5 route fits Andria Ann Bailey and Angela Mae Meeker.
The hundreds of photos that Rodney Alcala had stored in that storage unit in Seattle are now in the possession of the Huntington Beach Police Department.
Here's a link to one article about it featuring 200 of the photos. Most are edited by the publisher.
They are worth looking through although I don't know of a central website set up by the Huntington Beach Police to showcase these and ask for tips of their identities yet.
He was active in Wyoming, New York, California and many other states.

Rodney Alcala and the Toolbox killers were both operating in the area during the time this UID was murdered. I would be surprised if she wasn’t a victim of one of them. Hopefully genetic genealogy is being done to identify her. We can only hope they also hold the perpetrator’s dna, too.

If the dates weren't off, I'd be eyeing Wilson Chouest for this case. (Wilson Chouest killed Shirley Soosay in Delano, CA and Ventura County Jane Doe "Lyra Jade" in Westlake Village, CA, both in July 1980). However, he was in prison for kidnapping with a deadly weapon at the time and then was paroled in summer of 1980.

If the dates weren't off, I'd be eyeing Wilson Chouest for this case. (Wilson Chouest killed Shirley Soosay in Delano, CA and Ventura County Jane Doe "Lyra Jade" in Westlake Village, CA, both in July 1980). However, he was in prison for kidnapping with a deadly weapon at the time and then was paroled in summer of 1980.

I was wondering about him. It's so totally in his style. Poor girl.

I was wondering about him. It's so totally in his style. Poor girl.
It really is totally his style. I had to do a double-check of my notes just to make sure he was in prison at the time. I do think Alcala is a good candidate though.

I honestly CAN'T understand why they EXCLUDED JULIE ELIZABETH SORACCO for Rancho Cucamonga Jane Doe.
Julie Elizabeth Soracco
Julie Elizabeth Soracco went missing in the late 1970s in California. Was only REPORTED missing in 2019. The details about her are rumor and sketchy. It's VERY probable that the ALDEA foster family she was with she ran away from. Her height, age, hair and eye color are spot on for a match. Granted the pics of her are 2 to 5 years before 1979. The ridges in her permanent teeth are very prominent. I'd say she's about 12 years old and they're from about 1974 or 1975.
Let's place her next to the NCMEC composite.
Keep in mind, she's raising her eyebrows in that one pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-182748_Gallery-02.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220812-182748_Gallery-02.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 6
Julie Elizabeth Soracco picture from younger age compared to a vertically flipped long hair egg l added to Carl K's beautiful composite, only edited to show same pose but from much earlier photo of Julie Elizabeth Soracco

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-183552_Gallery-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220812-183552_Gallery-01.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 8
Now if we look at the teeth of the Rancho Cucamonga Jane Doe. We see the front teeth are chipped and out of place. Overlapping. She DID receive a blow from blunt force trauma to the right-rear of her skull. I believe since there's signs of beating upon her head that her teeth could've easily been chipped and punched by the killer. If we line up the photo of the dentals of Julie Elizabeth Soracco to the Rancho Cucamonga Jane Doe we get this comparison.
Now this photo of Julie's teeth is about 3 to 6 years prior to the year 1979. Julie's teeth haven't properly set in place yet. If we go consider that her front-teeth could've been broken in that struggle, ALL of the teeth line up.
They need to test that DNA thru OTHRAM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-190004_Gallery-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220812-190004_Gallery-01.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 9
Julie Elizabeth Soracco
Photo of her teeth edited for chipped teeth due to blows to head
Compared to Rancho Cucamonga Jane Doe' dental photo.
EXTREMELY similar. Given that Julie's front permanent teeth hadn't fully descended.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-191114_Snapseed-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220812-191114_Snapseed-01.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 6

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members