Resolved NV - Las Vegas, WhtMale 25-40, UP417, letter written in German, scar, birthmark, Sep'06 - namus removed

May be worthwhile to reach out to these folks:

May be worthwhile to reach out to these folks:

And we most certainly will! Thank you for sharing this club.

If i contacted a missing persons site & got a response (rule out), what do i do to poste it here, respecting the rules of WS? Thanks in advance!

If i contacted a missing persons site & got a response (rule out), what do i do to poste it here, respecting the rules of WS? Thanks in advance!
You can post that. Please link to the missing page.

MOD NOTE:

Many posts were removed.

The Terms of Service are intentionally strict as WS is the gold standard of true crime discussion websites, and we all work hard to keep it that way.
Here are a few of the key rules:

- Post only facts, and that must be linked to the source of those facts.
- If it can’t be linked, it can’t be posted. That includes any pictures.
- Approved links are from mainstream media (MSM) or law enforcement (LE) statements.
- The ONLY Social Media links permitted are those from MSM, LE, the victim, or the OFFICIAL missing page if there is one established.
- If you have inside info you want to share without providing links, YOU MUST BE APPROVED AS A VERIFIED INSIDER. Link to do so is in my signature below.

Posts that are in violation of ANY of the Websleuths’ TOS are subject to removal, as are all the replies that quote and/or reference the violating post.

PLEASE use the Report button at the bottom of any post if you come upon a post that is questionable regarding Websleuths’ TOS.

THANK YOU for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly according to the Websleuths’ TOS.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forums/the-rules.159/

Missing Person / NamUs #MP8691
Robert Charlton Miller, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact: February 1, 1997
Missing From: San Diego, California
Missing Age: 30 Years

1658533274529.png1658533350508.png

What do you guys think of

Günther Neururer?​

View attachment 355843
This looks like a really great find to me. I have no idea how to see in Germany if this missing person case is still active or was resolved. Would also be interesting to know his spouse/s name and if there are any children...

Here's a rough translation via Google Translate (mostly)and my rusty college German. Note that Romanshorn is in fact in Switzerland, and Mr. Neururer went missing in Jamuary 2004. I don't see anything suggesting he might have traveled to the US. Romanshorn is on the shore of Lake Constance.

46-year-old man missing in Romanshorn
ROMANSHORN (kapo) Since late Saturday afternoon, January 10, 46-year-old Günther Neururer has been missing in Romanshorn. The Thurgau cantonal police are asking for help in the search.

The married man left his home on Sonnenhofstrasse in Romanshorn at 5 p.m. on foot in an unknown direction. Günther Neururer is in poor health.

Personal description: Günther Neururer is about 182 centimeters tall and slim. He has graying hair and a bald patch on his forehead. Most recently he wore blue jeans, a wine-red sweater and a dark blue fabric jacket.

Call for witnesses: People who can provide information on Günther Neururer's whereabouts are asked to contact the Romanshorn cantonal police station on 071 466 72 10 or the Thurgau police command on 052 728 22 22.

Here's a rough translation via Google Translate (mostly)and my rusty college German. Note that Romanshorn is in fact in Switzerland, and Mr. Neururer went missing in Jamuary 2004. I don't see anything suggesting he might have traveled to the US. Romanshorn is on the shore of Lake Constance.

46-year-old man missing in Romanshorn
ROMANSHORN (kapo) Since late Saturday afternoon, January 10, 46-year-old Günther Neururer has been missing in Romanshorn. The Thurgau cantonal police are asking for help in the search.

The married man left his home on Sonnenhofstrasse in Romanshorn at 5 p.m. on foot in an unknown direction. Günther Neururer is in poor health.

Personal description: Günther Neururer is about 182 centimeters tall and slim. He has graying hair and a bald patch on his forehead. Most recently he wore blue jeans, a wine-red sweater and a dark blue fabric jacket.

Call for witnesses: People who can provide information on Günther Neururer's whereabouts are asked to contact the Romanshorn cantonal police station on 071 466 72 10 or the Thurgau police command on 052 728 22 22.
Not saying this IS him, but by reading a lot of cold-doe-cases one thing is obvious: they are a cold case with most of the time the simple reason: they’re not in the place & ‘state’ people expect them. A gentleman travelling to the US or even Vegas would have sorted this out long ago.

Resolved and identified!

A few things we can share at the moment:
  1. TMD was a German-born man who lived the majority of his life in Germany before moving abroad. He had a habit of picking up and leaving -- and I mean truly dropping everything (possessions, employment, relationships) and moving onto to something new. His identity was confirmed via DNA. He was in his mid-40's when he died.
  2. TMD was an incredibly intelligent individual. Sonny and I are still in the process of locating family abroad, but the most common refrain we hear from people who knew him was that he was very smart. He was a skillful, cunning, deeply adaptable person, and it's become very apparent that even in his illicit activities there was a streak of genius.
  3. Sonny and I have been able to confirm three (3) places of residences in the Las Vegas for TMD. We were also able to find evidence of his presence in at least five (5) states. Still, large swatches of his time in America are mysteries. TMD was an incredibly savvy identity thief and we are still trying to make sense of the web he left behind.
  4. Sonny and I were able to discover the exact month and year he arrived to the USA (and under what passport) and we shared that information with the DHS, helping them close up their independant investigation. He came to the United States in the autumn of 2001. However, we have evidence that he visited the USA on the east coast in the early 1990s.
  5. We've had the privilege of getting to know TMD's former wife and daughter, who are incredible, kind, good people. They've shared not only insight about TMD, but former possessions, home videos, photos, even TMD's old report cards from when he was a kid. Through them, we know that TMD has at least two (2) other children on a whole other continent and Sonny and I are in the process of identifying and contacting them.
  6. TMD's laptop -- that famed computer -- was found in storage at the Clark County Coroner's Office after all. How 'bout that? As I write this, the computer is (hopefully) being packed and mailed across the world to TMD's next of kin. What's on it? Well, the letter for one. And potentially a trove of other information. We were informed that the computer isn't working and "flickers on and off", however the hard drive should be fine. Whether that information is shared with Sonny and I is up to TMD's family. It would be nice for our (endlessly burning) curiosity, but it's up to the family.
  7. TMD was a long-haul truck driver. That notion started as a hunch, and then an educated guess, and then a valid assumption based on deduction. And sure enough, it's true. He worked as a long-haul truck driver for a major common carrier, for at least a year before his death. He apparently informed people that he ran routes "a lot to Mexico." It's likely he traveled all over the United States. We were informed by people who knew him abroad that TMD claimed that he always wanted to be a truck driver, as it would provide him an opportunity to see the world.
  8. Remember that access card to a military base? Well, we got more information on that recently. It still may have been a red herring, but it is ******* weirder than you can ever imagine. And now knowing the type of person TMD was, his possession of it raises a million questions.

Maybe it won't be long before his name is announced.
Although his ex-wife and daughter know, he still has family in Germany, including more children and parents who don’t know about his death. They should know about their loved one and from there they can make the decision if his name can be released.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back