CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across it yesterday. Haven't finished watching it. But just in the first few minutes there are several times she appears to be lying with what we know at this point. For example, she says "it's been so long" that she can't remember Chris' work cell number and she doesn't have it on her phone. I think it had been 7 days when this interview was conducted. She also mentions that she didn't know Shanann's name until they were together for a while. All imo.
I still don't get why a grown woman had her father in the interview,or why he was allowed to control things. Her absolute disdain,and seething jealousy of Shannan comes through Chrystal clear in her voice when she can't wiggle out of saying her name. Telling him to work on his marriage,oh wait here's some naughty pics. She knew all about,and managed his macros, and pretty much every little detail of every day. I don't believe for one second she didn't know Shannan was pregnant, or her reason for deleting things on her phone. Sorry she's not getting a pass from me. It's like the person who gives an arsonist a match,and walks away,pretending they no idea how things went up in flames just like that. MOO

I still don't get why a grown woman had her father in the interview,or why he was allowed to control things. Her absolute disdain,and seething jealousy of Shannan comes through Chrystal clear in her voice when she can't wiggle out of saying her name. Telling him to work on his marriage,oh wait here's some naughty pics. She knew all about,and managed his macros, and pretty much every little detail of every day. I don't believe for one second she didn't know Shannan was pregnant, or her reason for deleting things on her phone. Sorry she's not getting a pass from me. It's like the person who gives an arsonist a match,and walks away,pretending they no idea how things went up in flames just like that. MOO
YES! That's such an accurate way to describe what I, too, believe she did.

MAY 10, 2022
[...]

In hundreds of hours of videos on YouTube alone, several vloggers have made up storylines suggesting the Rzucek’s played an active role in the murders of their daughter and three grandchildren. Many of the vloggers have been described as “infatuated” with the murders, selling subscriptions and even writing books about their opinions on the crimes.

“It is a nightmare every day. It doesn’t go away,” Rzucek said. “You can’t live.”

The Rzuceks say they, and other victims associated with the crimes of 2018 have been slandered and defamed by conspiracy theorists.

“We’ve had threats on our lives,” Rzucek said.

Some YouTube users, and their subscribers, have even suggested that the Rzucek family ordered the murders of their loved ones in hope of collecting insurance money. Others suggested the family helped Watts in his actions in hope of gaining either fame or fortune.

[...]

“They’re ruining our life. Every day,” Rzucek said. “They don’t care. They don’t care about the real people. They want the almighty dollar.”

Frank’s son, Franky, has started the process of taking legal action against one user in the United Kingdom. He has put in thousands of dollars of his own money to try and stop the false information from being spread on the internet. He has also started a fundraiser to try and cover the costly price of taking legal action in another country.

[...]

“Somebody has got to start doing something,” Rzucek said.

[...]

The home, now empty of any furniture or belongings, has not been sold. Aside from the dead grass and signs requesting that people stay off property, the house appears to be a typical and beautiful home in a quiet neighborhood.

Tourists interested in the crimes can be seen slowly driving past the home on occasion most days. Curiosity, and conspiracies, have lead several residents in the surrounding homes to move away since 2018.

[...]

“(I have) a lot of memories. When I walk through that front door I look up at the balcony, and that is where my grand girls would be every day when I came home from work. To this day I look at that balcony. It is very hard,” Rzucek said as he wiped away tears.

[...]

:mad::mad::mad:

There is so much to unpack in this article. My first reaction is disgust. Why would anyone want to write to CW, and meet him in prison to write a book about him?

CW whines about how Nichole was his "soulmate". Well, he could have just left his pregnant wife and children. He didn't need to kill them to be with his "soulmate".

Poor CW, in a special area of the prison, without AC, to keep him safe from the general population.

I often wish people had as much fascination with the victims, as they do with the perpetrators. CW isn't "special". No one should write a book about him. Or treat him like he is some sort of celebrity.

There is so much to unpack in this article. My first reaction is disgust. Why would anyone want to write to CW, and meet him in prison to write a book about him?

CW whines about how Nichole was his "soulmate". Well, he could have just left his pregnant wife and children. He didn't need to kill them to be with his "soulmate".

Poor CW, in a special area of the prison, without AC, to keep him safe from the general population.

I often wish people had as much fascination with the victims, as they do with the perpetrators. CW isn't "special". No one should write a book about him. Or treat him like he is some sort of celebrity.

Totally agree- CW blaming some one else for his murderous actions. I say BS--- normal decent humans just get a divorce!!! Sociopaths on the other hand sometimes do what CW did-- and believe they are going to get away with it.

This is reacting to a 3 year old news article.. From my reading of that ridicuolous attempt at a book it is only Cadle making the comment that it was 'just because of meeting NK'.. and perhaps the very reason why they no longer maintain contact, why there has been no other books written.
So much he wrote to her goes against the evidence, the facts of the case.. to create a 'good book'? To calm down the angry responses to his near genuine account of the events at Cervi that he told the agents in Feb 2019.

He ignored 3 letters from Cadle, gets angry that his detailed and disgustingly cold interview is released to the world, so suddenly decides to write to Cadle, help her write a book to help him share his story, his new interest in theology promised a mention.
In his very first letter he writes lies, things that contradict the autopsies, contradict what he said in Feb 19, things that scientifically make no sense at all.
So who did he tell the truth to.. the people he had no awareness were recording him, or in letters to a practical stranger telling her 'case changing' secrets the very first time he wrote to her.

Strikes me as payback on the cops, to the world.. to suggest Feb 19 isn't true, he could say anything he wanted and make people believe me if its just as a letter to someone who 'later' decides to write a book.
But that's not how it happened in my mind, she only ever wanted to write a book to blame him for cheating, for his immoral behaviour, he never discusses blaming his relationship with NK, never discusses the details of his marriage that the world is desperate to hear about, he leaks his new 'truths', and Cadles conclusion doesn't seem to fit the rest of her writing in anyway... it was just because of NK. end of her version of his story!

For those of us around for years, that it was as simple as NK cannot be accurate, he denies all the other aspects of his life that happened, denied any of the other issues typical in situations where men annihilate their families, he goes along with pretense of a happy marriage and a brief fling, the official media version.
He had the perfect wife, perfect house, children and job, but NK came along and changed it all.. ha ha ha
How about sharing the real truths, he'd have gained way more respect for that, to share why he no longer felt a connection with his wife, why he felt a need to bond with someone new.. that he fully intended to divorce.. that something huge prevented that. Those are the secrets he told Cadle he would keep to the grave imo.

Not to be crass, but its all fun and games until the still-married guy murders his entire family to be with you*.

*with the caveat that the reasons he wants to be with you came long before you showed up and he should have dealt with rather than having an affair.

Have said this a few times over the years on social media.. the fact that he was in a place to be tempted by another woman is so significant imo.
The timing of the trip was the only way he got away with creating a relationship and ultimately he tells SW he intends to divorce her that Weds, i think the talk of counselling and trip to Aspen signs of his not being able to stand up for himself with her... a sense of pretence because she was pregnant, he felt some need to be 'around' during that time for her. 'Until he figured out his own apartment etc, with his new shift etc.

I haven't read this book but i do so wish he'd have spoken up about the financial issues as a factor, not loving someone is cause enough to divorce.. but what if he discovered the extent of the new debts that weekend, discovered there would be no repeat bankruptcy, that the plans he created during the summer were impossible without some money, and when he discovered that SW was earning not even close to the same as he'd been led to believe. Addy wrote that SW would have made 'next to nothing' up until Jan 2018, but would be beginning to make money now she had reached the 80k level. There is a huge reason most of those involved used Thrive as a secondary job, because the money was not there.. admittedly SW worked hard at the start, but her team wasn't growing, she was doing the work for hers and CW account.

It seemed to me something changed that weekend.. pressure from NK shouldn't have been enough to incite murder, I believe he'd developed some deep hatred for his wife over the issues ongoing in their marriage. His admission to fantasizing about killing her a major sign that there was something major, not just a typical divorce scenario. Maybe with the prompt to lock the office when the babysitter was there gave him a reason to investigate the recent bills, recent bank statements for example. He created a plan for a new life coparenting and then discovered SW would not be able to support herself with the income she actually had vs the claimed income. Add that to pressure from her about the $60 dinner charge saturday.

UNless he mans up someday and shares the realities of their lives together i guess we can only speculate.. the people around them are sharing what they'd been told, what the SW FB world portrayed. The world we all now realise wasn't as rosy as it was portrayed. But nothing anywhere near to his doing what he did.. doesn't matter what went on their lives, nothing should have led to ending her life the way he did. Am more than happy he sit to rot in prison for eternity.

Have said this a few times over the years on social media.. the fact that he was in a place to be tempted by another woman is so significant imo.
The timing of the trip was the only way he got away with creating a relationship and ultimately he tells SW he intends to divorce her that Weds, i think the talk of counselling and trip to Aspen signs of his not being able to stand up for himself with her... a sense of pretence because she was pregnant, he felt some need to be 'around' during that time for her. 'Until he figured out his own apartment etc, with his new shift etc.

I haven't read this book but i do so wish he'd have spoken up about the financial issues as a factor, not loving someone is cause enough to divorce.. but what if he discovered the extent of the new debts that weekend, discovered there would be no repeat bankruptcy, that the plans he created during the summer were impossible without some money, and when he discovered that SW was earning not even close to the same as he'd been led to believe. Addy wrote that SW would have made 'next to nothing' up until Jan 2018, but would be beginning to make money now she had reached the 80k level. There is a huge reason most of those involved used Thrive as a secondary job, because the money was not there.. admittedly SW worked hard at the start, but her team wasn't growing, she was doing the work for hers and CW account.

It seemed to me something changed that weekend.. pressure from NK shouldn't have been enough to incite murder, I believe he'd developed some deep hatred for his wife over the issues ongoing in their marriage. His admission to fantasizing about killing her a major sign that there was something major, not just a typical divorce scenario. Maybe with the prompt to lock the office when the babysitter was there gave him a reason to investigate the recent bills, recent bank statements for example. He created a plan for a new life coparenting and then discovered SW would not be able to support herself with the income she actually had vs the claimed income. Add that to pressure from her about the $60 dinner charge saturday.

UNless he mans up someday and shares the realities of their lives together i guess we can only speculate.. the people around them are sharing what they'd been told, what the SW FB world portrayed. The world we all now realise wasn't as rosy as it was portrayed. But nothing anywhere near to his doing what he did.. doesn't matter what went on their lives, nothing should have led to ending her life the way he did. Am more than happy he sit to rot in prison for eternity.
I too do not think anything justified CW killing SW and their little girls, but I do think you are right that as he begin to think of a new life he realized their debt was out-of-control. SW had enrolled the girls into an expensive pre-school so she could work during the day at a job that was not paying a full-time salary and a new baby on the way. I agree something happened, more than just an argument CW had already told his parents he was leaving her. It may be as simple as he wanted a new life, new wife and murdered them so he would have a clean slate.

I firmly believe that he enjoyed the "single" life when she was gone those 6 weeks that summer, but he knew he would never afford it with alimony and child support if they indeed divorced. I don't think their current finances or debt was as much of a factor as his own calculations about how he could maintain that lifestyle.

I don't think the financial played much of a role. I've always thought that the simmering rage that the lust with NK brought to a boil was due to CW's deep-seated, life-long passive and conflict-avoidant nature, which allowed a strong, naturally assertive person like SW to steam roll him completely. Neither of them was aware of this toxic dynamic which was a cancer to their relationship.

The passive man who does not have it in him to assert his own wants and needs becomes dejected, then resentful, then angry, then rageful. Each instance where he doesn't speak up and lets her needs/wants take precedence, he gives up a little bit of himself. Its not healthy.

Where does this originate? First I believe CW was born with a quiet/introvert/passive temperament. There is lots of research on how temperament is what people come into the world with. He gets this from his dad. I would guess there are others on the Watts side that have this same personality style. Introverted/anxious/good with his hands/fixing things/not so good with other people's emotions, or his own. A man like this usually pairs up with an extroverted woman.

Then CW has his mother Cindy who does not have the capacity to connect properly with her son or appreciate his nature and create an environment for him to flourish. CW goes through life being steam-rolled by his mom, while his dad sits by and lets it happen, because he has the same nature as his son, and the first woman that responds to CW's interest, he attaches himself to. SW probably felt very familiar to him, and in the beginning, it was fine to take the back seat and let SW run the show.

Its not SW's fault that she was running the show necessarily, because I believe CW never spoke up about his needs. I think SW thought everything was fine. At the very end, in her texts, you see that she was open to counseling and changing. I think SW would have been willing to change had she known the depth of her husband's feelings of a lack of agency in their relationship. I think CW ended up creating this false life for them where he went along with everything, but the resentment slowly built year after year.

Then he gets on Thrive, loses weight, has a lot of energy, gets in shape/builds muscle, which increases testosterone, and CW is feeling confident and probably has a stronger sex drive than when was overweight, out of shape, and no vitamins and other stuff being pumped through him all day. NK comes along, pursues him, and he spirals out of control.
We all know how a woman can treat a man if she wants to - fawn over him, make him feel like the #1 guy in the world, be interested in everything he likes, etc. I think NK and CW did have some natural common interests, but I also think she was amping it up due to lust. Also, NK feels very familiar, subconsciously, to CW - she is yet another confident woman and his passive nature provides a great complement to that.

CW had literally NO ability to voice his feelings and needs and assert them. It was not possible in his childhood due to both nature and nurture, and he unconsciously chose someone who helped him stay in that role as an adult. By the time he had spent six weeks with NK, in fantasy affair land, where there is only lust and the idea of a perfect future, he was quickly reaching the moment it was all going to fall apart, in a spectacular way - the baby coming, SW is back home, NK has been pressuring him, his desire for NK is at an all-time high, and his deeply passive nature at the root of it all.

I almost believe him when he said there was a force that came over him when he killed SW. I think that force was the deeply buried part of him that had wants and needs, and had reached a point of rage. Strangling SW is symbolic in that he closed her throat and prevented her from speaking or breathing. That is the thing he had wanted to do all those years and never could do. Not because of SW, but because of his own nature. In that moment, the repressed aspects of CW burst out in rage and he shut her up for the final time.

I've been reading back (now on #9) and your posts were so insightful - I think an appeal is a perfect outlet for him - he will have access to law books, his attorneys for meetings - I think you nailed it.
JMO
WRT law books, that man wouldn't get past the first page. He, obviously, is not very smart.

From the "Daily Mail" article he says, "'If I hadn't met Nikki, I would never have killed my family." Is that gonna be part of his appeal? He is even more stupid than I thought. Damm.

Last edited:
I don't think the financial played much of a role. I've always thought that the simmering rage that the lust with NK brought to a boil was due to CW's deep-seated, life-long passive and conflict-avoidant nature, which allowed a strong, naturally assertive person like SW to steam roll him completely. Neither of them was aware of this toxic dynamic which was a cancer to their relationship.

The passive man who does not have it in him to assert his own wants and needs becomes dejected, then resentful, then angry, then rageful. Each instance where he doesn't speak up and lets her needs/wants take precedence, he gives up a little bit of himself. Its not healthy.

Where does this originate? First I believe CW was born with a quiet/introvert/passive temperament. There is lots of research on how temperament is what people come into the world with. He gets this from his dad. I would guess there are others on the Watts side that have this same personality style. Introverted/anxious/good with his hands/fixing things/not so good with other people's emotions, or his own. A man like this usually pairs up with an extroverted woman.

Then CW has his mother Cindy who does not have the capacity to connect properly with her son or appreciate his nature and create an environment for him to flourish. CW goes through life being steam-rolled by his mom, while his dad sits by and lets it happen, because he has the same nature as his son, and the first woman that responds to CW's interest, he attaches himself to. SW probably felt very familiar to him, and in the beginning, it was fine to take the back seat and let SW run the show.

Its not SW's fault that she was running the show necessarily, because I believe CW never spoke up about his needs. I think SW thought everything was fine. At the very end, in her texts, you see that she was open to counseling and changing. I think SW would have been willing to change had she known the depth of her husband's feelings of a lack of agency in their relationship. I think CW ended up creating this false life for them where he went along with everything, but the resentment slowly built year after year.

Then he gets on Thrive, loses weight, has a lot of energy, gets in shape/builds muscle, which increases testosterone, and CW is feeling confident and probably has a stronger sex drive than when was overweight, out of shape, and no vitamins and other stuff being pumped through him all day. NK comes along, pursues him, and he spirals out of control.
We all know how a woman can treat a man if she wants to - fawn over him, make him feel like the #1 guy in the world, be interested in everything he likes, etc. I think NK and CW did have some natural common interests, but I also think she was amping it up due to lust. Also, NK feels very familiar, subconsciously, to CW - she is yet another confident woman and his passive nature provides a great complement to that.

CW had literally NO ability to voice his feelings and needs and assert them. It was not possible in his childhood due to both nature and nurture, and he unconsciously chose someone who helped him stay in that role as an adult. By the time he had spent six weeks with NK, in fantasy affair land, where there is only lust and the idea of a perfect future, he was quickly reaching the moment it was all going to fall apart, in a spectacular way - the baby coming, SW is back home, NK has been pressuring him, his desire for NK is at an all-time high, and his deeply passive nature at the root of it all.

I almost believe him when he said there was a force that came over him when he killed SW. I think that force was the deeply buried part of him that had wants and needs, and had reached a point of rage. Strangling SW is symbolic in that he closed her throat and prevented her from speaking or breathing. That is the thing he had wanted to do all those years and never could do. Not because of SW, but because of his own nature. In that moment, the repressed aspects of CW burst out in rage and he shut her up for the final time.
Interesting. What are your thoughts on why he killed Celeste & Bella?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member