FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #13 *1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked on the prior thread about Charlie's life in jail. There is a Youtube channel called True Lifestyles which is covering this case and she's gotten quite a bit of info about his life in jail--calls he's made to whom and things as simple as snacks he can buy from the commissary. I think, due to Covid, the jail is still on lockdown for personal visitors but they can visit over a tablet (for a fee). Seems his most "visited" person (calls) is a counselor who is a beautiful Asian woman.
Yes, Charlie does seem to have a thing for beautiful Asian women.

At only age 37, KM matriculated from county jail to the big house! She must be so proud of herself and what she made of her life in the US...

1659711132865.png

KATHERINE D MAGBANUA​

Custody Record
Age37
GenderFemale
RaceWhite

Custody Status Date Aug 04, 2022 07:11 AM EDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Florida Women's Reception Center
Book Date Aug 04, 2022 12:00 AM EDT

3700 NW 111th Place
Ocala, FL 344821479

ETA: Now KM can experience the JPay Tablet that Sigfredo Garcia is so fond of!

Last edited:
I'm still in disbelief of the sweet deal that Luis Rivera (the Latin King Jeffee that feigns being illiterate when it suits him) got from prosecutors. I suppose they believed his gang membership would shed some credibility on the company KM really kept.

Ultimately, Rivera pled guilty in Fed Court to a single count of conspiracy, and his state penalty for murdering Dan Markel run concurrently with his RICO case. Rivera will probably be out in 7-8 more years, with no probation. Compare that to KM serving life + 60. JMO

I'm still in disbelief of the sweet deal that Luis Rivera (the Latin King Jeffee that feigns being illiterate when it suits him) got from prosecutors. I suppose they believed his gang membership would shed some credibility on the company KM really kept.

Ultimately, Rivera pled guilty in Fed Court to a single count of conspiracy, and his state penalty for murdering Dan Markel run concurrently with his RICO case. Rivera will probably be out in 7-8 more years, with no probation. Compare that to KM serving life + 60. JMO

I do recall him also stating during his testimony against KM that he'll be going into Witness Protection once he completes his prison sentence due to the hits on his head from the Latin Kings.

I hear you. Just my opinion though but I feel like out of all the players he holds the least culpability for the murder.

First guy to talk always gets the best deal. No surprise. And he was neither the mastermind, the middleman, nor the shooter. He was "just" the wheel man.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
This case reminds me of the 1993 fatal shooting of the German tourist leaving the Miami Airport in a rental car. Patsy Jones, also hot-headed, was the ringleader/gangster of the operation, and both her and her two weaker male accomplices were sentenced to life, and still in prison today. Similarly, KM took down the men around her in classic "Femme fatale" behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
First guy to talk always gets the best deal. No surprise. And he was neither the mastermind, the middleman, nor the shooter. He was "just" the wheel man.
Perhaps it's that I've not heard any words from SG but I have this feeling that LR was Garcia's confidence to get it done. The dude's been leaning on his connected hommie since age 5. JMO

Perhaps it's that I've not heard any words from SG but I have this feeling that LR was Garcia's confidence to get it done. The dude's been leaning on his connected hommie since age 5. JMO
You can hear a smirky SG say a few words here. I'm sure he believed at that time that he would be free soon, having been in and out of jail so many times previously:

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

IMO - that was KM pushing SG along to get it done. She wanted the easy money.
It goes without saying, the only victim here is Dan Markel -- a brilliant legal mind, son, brother, and father, that was executed for doing nothing other than taking care of his children and wanting to remain an active part of their lives.

But I too think SG was used/manipulated by KM and why she kept him around! (IMO, it certainly wasn't because she cared about her children).

By all accounts, when SG was straight, KM was his love and queen where he lived to keep KM happy. But the sober periods were becoming more sporadic and short-lived.

I think it's undisputed that KM's first and only love is $$$$ and if not for KM envisioning not only a payday for herself but also ongoing royalties from the A Institute, it doesn't follow how if asked about knowing a name for hire, she wouldn't have simply given CA the name of Rivera, and that would have been the end of this story as far as KM was concerned.

And I don't doubt that if the kill for hire was left between only CA and Rivera, excluding both KM and SG, it would have been carried out just the same.

SG was certainly not a critical ingredient for murder, and Rivera, the head boss of Miami, didn't need KM in his business.

I think just the opposite -- I imagine that without KM and SG, Rivera would have simply negotiated the price, picked up his burner phone, called his counterpart in Tallahassee, and placed the order.

I think they have soldiers for this, right? I can't say I've ever heard of a situation in organized crime where the boss goes out on the job-- let alone performs the job as described here!

IMO, KM specifically involved SG (and by extension Rivera) only because she conjured up this MLM scheme in her mind where this evil act by SG was going to be a perpetual gift $$$ prize where the gift kept on giving.

In other words, I think KM set out to turn this opportunity into what CA alleged as an available service at $15K, to at least 10 times+ that!

I'm very curious now about what KM sees for herself in DOC where she's to spend the remainder of her life. Will she use her demonstrated silence to some advantage? MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
@Seattle1 -I think you are spot on in your assessment. Take KM out of the equation, this wouldn't have happened with these people, and perhaps at all.
KM did seem to be "blackmailing" CA afterwards too, didn't she. Hardly overcome with guilt nor remorse.
I had always considered her-criminally speaking, "less guilty" than CA, but I'll have to have a good think, now!

@Seattle1 -I think you are spot on in your assessment. Take KM out of the equation, this wouldn't have happened with these people, and perhaps at all.
KM did seem to be "blackmailing" CA afterwards too, didn't she. Hardly overcome with guilt nor remorse.
I had always considered her-criminally speaking, "less guilty" than CA, but I'll have to have a good think, now!
Yes, I agree. She's equivalent to CA in terms of "masterminding" this - (although she seems not to have much of a mind or any mastery...). With new insights into Katie, might it be that she thought her immunity offers were low-ball offers, and with her full complement of hubris thought she could get a better deal? If so, I'm glad that GC held the line and put her away. I liked the part on True Lifestyles that Katie thought she deserved special treatment in jail because her case was "high profile." Consistent. Good riddance.

It goes without saying, the only victim here is Dan Markel -- a brilliant legal mind, son, brother, and father, that was executed for doing nothing other than taking care of his children and wanting to remain an active part of their lives.

But I too think SG was used/manipulated by KM and why she kept him around! (IMO, it certainly wasn't because she cared about her children).

By all accounts, when SG was straight, KM was his love and queen where he lived to keep KM happy. But the sober periods were becoming more sporadic and short-lived.

I think it's undisputed that KM's first and only love is $$$$ and if not for KM envisioning not only a payday for herself but also ongoing royalties from the A Institute, it doesn't follow how if asked about knowing a name for hire, she wouldn't have simply given CA the name of Rivera, and that would have been the end of this story as far as KM was concerned.

And I don't doubt that if the kill for hire was left between only CA and Rivera, excluding both KM and SG, it would have been carried out just the same.

SG was certainly not a critical ingredient for murder, and Rivera, the head boss of Miami, didn't need KM in his business.

I think just the opposite -- I imagine that without KM and SG, Rivera would have simply negotiated the price, picked up his burner phone, called his counterpart in Tallahassee, and placed the order.

I think they have soldiers for this, right? I can't say I've ever heard of a situation in organized crime where the boss goes out on the job-- let alone performs the job as described here!

IMO, KM specifically involved SG (and by extension Rivera) only because she conjured up this MLM scheme in her mind where this evil act by SG was going to be a perpetual gift $$$ prize where the gift kept on giving.

In other words, I think KM set out to turn this opportunity into what CA alleged as an available service at $15K, to at least 10 times+ that!

I'm very curious now about what KM sees for herself in DOC where she's to spend the remainder of her life. Will she use her demonstrated silence to some advantage? MOO
The $15K is a mis hearing by J LaCasse. The correct figure was $50K. KM must have persuaded CA that this could not be done without a driver (Rivera seems to have been paid between $35 and $37K) . However in that case the price should have gone to $85 K not $100 K alleged.

I agree that all the signs were there that KM was going to keep extorting gifts and money from the Adelsons ad infinitum. Eventually CA would probably have arranged a contract killing of her but by 2016 it was too late - she was a known entity to the police. The Bump operation may have indirectly saved her life.

Rivera is a self described Jack Boy - someone who sticks up d -dealers for their takings . I don't think he had the power or contacts to arrange a killing the way you describe it. He had quite a criminal record - just the sort of thing you'd expect for a foot soldier. SG on the other hand had no felonies but did have jail time for awaiting trial - he seemed to have never been convicted of much.

Based on what I saw at the trials, KM is completely horrible. Manipulating SG to do the crime. SG was drinking/drugging to get through the Tallahassee episode. I don't think LR would have done this if KM had contacted him directly. JMO and speculation.

Don't forget that Charlie had previously hired a hitman before KM and SG who stiffed him and pocketed the money.
Charlie et al were bent on getting this done.

Don't forget that Charlie had previously hired a hitman before KM and SG who stiffed him and pocketed the money.
Charlie et al were bent on getting this done.
I recall there was a prior hitman who took the money and ran. Do we know anything about this person? He could be quite helpful with moving this case forward. Especially if he could implicate other A's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie