CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

dotr

Reaction score

''The female driver behind the wheel of a Mercedes-Benz that plowed into a Windsor Hills intersection, causing a fiery multi-car crash that killed six people, including an infant and a pregnant woman, was arrested on Friday, according to the California Highway Patrol.

Criminal charges are pending against 37-year-old Nicole Lorraine Linton. She was being treated at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center for major injuries sustained in the crash, according to the CHP. Charges will be forwarded to the Los Angeles County District Attorney Office for vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence.''

Investigators said that the driver was going over 100 miles per hour, in a 35 mph zone, when she plowed into the intersection of S. La Brea and Slauson avenues around 1:30 p.m. Thursday.

Video from the scene showed the Mercedes-Benz driving at a high rate of speed, running a red light at the intersection and crashing directly into a dark-colored sedan, which in turn struck several other vehicles. The Mercedes-Benz and two other vehicles burst into flames following the collision, and the wreck came to a stop at the southwest corner of the intersection after striking a gas station sign.

"Due to extensive fire damage, it is unknown at this time the make and model of the involved vehicles and which vehicles the involved parties were traveling in," the CHP reported.''

1659811194213.png
''Linton survived the fiery crash and has been arrested amid her hospitalization on grounds of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence, according to authorities. She is currently at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center with “moderate” injuries.

The Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office will have final say in regards to the charges.

Suspected of driving at speeds of at least 100mph, the drunk driver plowed through the busy intersection at around 1:40 p.m., reports the Los Angeles Sentinel, claiming the lives of six people, including a pregnant woman identified by the coroner’s office as Asherey Ryan, 23, and her infant son. ''

''Video of the crash was captured at nearby gas stations, where Linton’s Benz is seen flying past and immediately causing an explosion as it hit the first two cars at a stand still, sending multiple people and a baby through their windshields, and even tearing one car completely in half. A streak of flames was left in place of where the cars stood.''

The whole family died, mother, boyfriend, little infant son, and unborn baby son.
Unspeakable.

"A pregnant woman who died along with her infant son and boyfriend in a Windsor Hills crash caused by a speeding car was heading to a prenatal doctor's appointment, her sister said Friday."

View attachment 358135
''Linton survived the fiery crash and has been arrested amid her hospitalization on grounds of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence, according to authorities. She is currently at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center with “moderate” injuries.

The Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office will have final say in regards to the charges.

Suspected of driving at speeds of at least 100mph, the drunk driver plowed through the busy intersection at around 1:40 p.m., reports the Los Angeles Sentinel, claiming the lives of six people, including a pregnant woman identified by the coroner’s office as Asherey Ryan, 23, and her infant son. ''

''Video of the crash was captured at nearby gas stations, where Linton’s Benz is seen flying past and immediately causing an explosion as it hit the first two cars at a stand still, sending multiple people and a baby through their windshields, and even tearing one car completely in half. A streak of flames was left in place of where the cars stood.''
I feel the charges are too weak. While it doesn't meet the requirements for first degree murder, I think she should be charged with felony murder (death caused during the commission of a dangerous felony). She was clearly on a rampage of some sort.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the charges are too weak. While it doesn't meet the requirements for first degree murder she should be charged with felony murder (death caused during the commission of a dangerous felony). She was clearly on a rampage of some sort.

I think these preliminary charges are just to arrest her and begin the investigation.

The examination of the accident will (hopefully, IMHO) bring additional charges.

The excessive speed, the lack of proper attention to traffic signals, the alleged intoxication, possibly on her phone Face-Timing, and other issues will hopefully increase the charges against her.

I feel she should spend the next several decades of her life in prison.

I feel the charges are too weak. While it doesn't meet the requirements for first degree murder she should be charged with felony murder (death caused during the commission of a dangerous felony). She was clearly on a rampage of some sort.
I think these preliminary charges are just to arrest her and begin the investigation.

The examination of the accident will (hopefully, IMHO) bring additional charges.

The excessive speed, the lack of proper attention to traffic signals, the alleged intoxication, possibly on her phone Face-Timing, and other issues will hopefully increase the charges against her.

I feel she should spend the next several decades of her life in prison.

And--- she is a registered nurse according to what I read--
She needs to spend the rest of her life in prison--
She might as well have taken a gun and shot those poor people

ICU nurse I read, as well as a traveling nurse. Traveling nurses have a very high income.
They sure do! And in CA all RN's make very good money. CA ranks the highest average pay for RN's in the nation. (not that any of that should matter in regards to this crime).

Last edited by a moderator:
I also question the story from the "friend" at the gas station who claimed she was drunk and had a fight with her BF. The "friend" was the lady with the green glasses and a hat on who was interviewed on the video.

Why would a friend already be at the site of the accident and know who was driving the vehicle? The woman interviewed seemed kind of loopy.

I do agree that her vehicle seemed to be really speeding in excess of the speed limit which is probably 45 mph there. 80 mph when she hit the decedent's vehicle seems about right. There appeared to be no brake lights that lit up as she approached the intersection and the intersection was full of cross traffic in both directions so Linton was not trying to outrun a changing yellow light. The lack of appropriate driving would suggest an impulsive suicide-by-vehicle attempt, but in full view of other innocent people that she would injure or kill.

I'll wait to pass judgement until I read more about the LE investigation.

OMG!

How did she manage to survive that?

Sorry…not sorry, she needs to spend the rest of her life in jail.

The only thing that would change my mind would be if she was sober, had a car malfunction, or a medical event beyond her control. I doubt any of that happened.

This is horrific.

MOO

OMG!

How did she manage to survive that?

Sorry…not sorry, she needs to spend the rest of her life in jail.

The only thing that would change my mind would be if she was sober, had a car malfunction, or a medical event beyond her control. I doubt any of that happened.

This is horrific.

MOO

I have noticed more often than not the person who causes a horrible crash
Survives, while the innocent people who were struck, wind up maimed
Or dead.

Odds Favor Drunk Trauma Victims
A study in the journal American Surgeon finds that trauma victims who were inebriated at the time of their injury have higher survival rates than their sober counterparts. Rachel Kremen reports

A retrospective study of nearly 8,000 trauma patients found that seven percent of people who came in sober died of their injuries, while those who were hurt while drunk only died one percent of the time. A positive blood alcohol level seemed to increase the likelihood of survival, even after the researchers took into account the age of the patient and the severity of the injury. Trauma patients who came in to the hospital drunk were discharged sooner, too.

I would also add that ICU nursing can be an extremely stressful job, especially if you are having to do long shift (like 10-12 hours) or do extra shifts because of staffing problems. Also, the emotional trauma of dealing with desperately ill people takes it's toll, especially if one of them passes and you have bonded with that person and /or their family.

None of this makes the crime any less awful or brings back those killed or injured in this incident. None of this will change her culpability in this awful event.

Has a Dui charge or blood alcohol content level been released? I can't seem to find them.
I haven't seen any. If the "drunk driver" headline is based upon the words of a friend or witness at the scene, I think that's a premature conclusion. Something horrible happened, but I think even a drunk person would reflexively break when seeing an intersection full of cars three lanes deep. I really hope there is some other explanation. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back