Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosser Lake Campground is in Nevada County, CA

The Missing Persons bulletin is issued from the Placer County, CA sheriff's office.

Interesting.

Probably just an administrative issue, as the NCSO is headquartered in Nevada City, CA, about 60 miles from Prosser Lake while the Placer County SO is in Truckee, just 9 miles away.

Curious, though.
Edited when I realized someone else had already expanded on this :)

Last edited:
There is a meeting called for 10 a.m. this morning (a few minutes ago) at the Truckee Rec Center. Teens and young people are urged to attend, and have been promised by the sheriff that reports of intoxication will not be pursued - all information is needed, and the teens need not fear prosecution for partying.

It might be optimistic thinking on my part, but I'm leaning towards voluntary in this case. <modsnip> Maybe the isolation finally got the best of her after ten years and she had to get out. They need to check her cell logs <modsnip> IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I am new I am sorry if I do this incorrectly. I wanted to add some facts. Kiely graduated early from highschool. She attended Forest Charter School. My daughter attends the Nevada County Campus (there are 3 campuses- 2 satellite campuses in Placer County and the main campus in Nevada County). Yesterday the school sent out a phone message; as well as an email asking for students for any information they may have.

MOD REMINDER:

We welcome new members to Websleuths to discuss this troubling case.
PLEASE review the WS rules we ALL agreed to when we joined.
The Rules

The Terms of Service are intentionally strict as WS is the gold standard of true crime discussion websites, and we all work hard to keep it that way.
Here are a few of the key rules:

- Post only facts, and that must be linked to the source of those facts.
- If it can’t be linked, it can’t be posted. That includes any pictures.
- Approved links are from mainstream media (MSM) or law enforcement (LE) statements.
- The ONLY Social Media links permitted are those from MSM, LE, the victim, or the OFFICIAL missing page if there is one established.
- NO public comments from ANY source are allowed as they cannot be verified.
- NO ONE may be accused/speculated/sleuthed unless they are the victims or persons NAMED BY LE as a suspect or POI.
- If you have inside info you want to share without providing links, YOU MUST BE APPROVED AS A VERIFIED INSIDER. Link to do so is in my signature below.

Websleuths is FACT-BASED and VICTIM-FRIENDLY.
Family members are considered victims also unless/until LE tells us they are suspects or POIs.
Posts that are in violation of ANY of the Websleuths’ TOS are subject to removal, as are all the replies that quote and/or reference the violating post.

PLEASE use the Report button at the bottom of any post if you come upon a post that is questionable regarding Websleuths’ TOS.

THANK YOU for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly according to the Websleuths’ TOS.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forums/the-rules.159/

Because I am new I am sorry if I do this incorrectly. I wanted to add some facts. Kiely graduated early from highschool. She attended Forest Charter School. My daughter attends the Nevada County Campus (there are 3 campuses- 2 satellite campuses in Placer County and the main campus in Nevada County). Yesterday the school sent out a phone message; as well as an email asking for students for any information they may have.
Update: When I went to find the link to the school I found we now have a forth Placer county Campus in Foresthill.

AUG 7

Her car, a silver 2013 Honda CRV, is also missing, and her phone is out of service. According to the campground's site, cell service in the area is generally good.

...The cell service depends on her carrier... most work in some spots, but all don't work in many as well, especially in the forest there... you can have four bars then drive ten feet and have nothing... It's a different signal landscape than when in flatter or urban areas... trees mountains rock elevation curves block signal from a unifom reach

Check the comments under the Sheriff's post you'll find what the party was for. Waaay down the comments though.

ETA: Comment under DEUR post.
Thanks... found it....

That is a lot of people for a family campground. Are there not rangers?
Park Rangers have the same legal authority of police inside of the park district, but they have many miles of land to cover so they may not cover every campground every evening. If another camper was going to make a complaint I could see them first calling police, not understanding the legal authorities the rangers have, and assuming non-park law enforcement was the best way to go.

This made me realize it’s definitely possible that LE was called by other campers. Especially given the last time she was seen was 12:30am, that makes me feel like theres a possibility the party was broken up early, either by LE arriving, or the threat of that happening soon. It seems like an early time for a party to end, at least to me. I’d say maybe not so early for a 16yo, but the news articles all say the party had over 100 teenagers and young adults.
But I would have thought the party would have been broken up way earlier. Curfew at campgrounds is usually 10 pm, and you're only allowed 6 people or so per spot. This campground is not far from town, so it would be easy to muster LE. So, I'm puzzled it was after midnight that the group was dispersed. Very unusual IME.

But I would have thought the party would have been broken up way earlier. Curfew at campgrounds is usually 10 pm, and you're only allowed 6 people or so per spot. This campground is not far from town, so it would be easy to muster LE. So, I'm puzzled it was after midnight that the group was dispersed. Very unusual IME.
Was it dispersed?

The turnoff

I agree that it's likely the party was broken up about midnight and that's why her last sighting is at 12:30. Was it a friend that knows her or arrived with her that was the person reporting or the last one to see her?

It's likely that whatever she was with at that point broke up and moved on to some other location - either outdoors or to a residence. I think it's likely she went to a residence with a group.

By 12:30 everyone had a bit of a buzz, but were not done with the night, and continued on with the drinking & whatever else activities.

The temp there at about 1 am was 60 and dropped to 50 by 4 am, so it was chilly enough that people probably wanted to move indoors
These are hardy kids and that area keeps patagonia sierra trading post and REI in business. It snows there is April / May. 50'sa nd 60's is warm for there. The town they live in - Truckee - is inside the Forest. This area of the gathering is remote, dark-dark, no lights, no electricity etc And it's not so much to hide from authorities as it is that it is beautiful amazing place there are no words. I would definitely not perceive this a party analagous to a house party or a party at what one would think of as a 'campground'. This area is remote. The area is unique. Cell service is not always avail. It's pure darkness at night, except for stars and moonlight, beautiful. Fire ban so no fires were safe to have that night.

Was it dispersed?
It's a unique area. The town is in the forest. The campground is remote. It would not have been broken up necessarily. Le does not patrol that area. It would be the rangers. And they don't come around as often.
We were in that area for a few months last Spring.. we travel with a camper to remote areas, which this is... there are also a lot of people that 'live' out of their vehicles in that area

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member