Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This warms my heart!

A crowdfunding campaign for the victim living in the home Anne Heche reportedly drove her Mini Cooper into and sparked a devastating blaze in Mar Vista, California, on Friday, raised $45,000 in one day. (I just heard on the morning news that it's now up to $70,000)

Neighbors banded together and organized a campaign to help Lynne Mishele after she "very narrowly escaped physical harm" when Heche's vehicle crashed into the house and caused a fire, which took 59 firefighters to extinguish and landed Heche in the hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been following the thread and wanted to add something. Whether she was drunk or just "having a bad day" at some point AH justified her actions in her own mind - or else she wouldn't have done them. Or she would have stopped after the first crash.

Imagine if the woman in the house had been in a different room. Or if the house had been a home day care. Or if kids were playing in the yard. My point is that AH had choices and she chose to ignore the impact her actions could have on innocent bystanders.

I hope AH gets whatever help she needs to keep others safe from her. IMO she needs to be supervised until she can control herself and certainly she shouldn't have a driver's license until then.

Sure, the lady in the house only lost things - I lost things in a hurricane and yeah, I'm glad to be alive. But how long will it be before the poor woman feels safe going to sleep at night? No one has the right to take peace of mind from others. MOO.

ETA to add link.

Last edited:
A warrant would be required whether she is under arrest or not. They are frequently obtained when a subject is unable or unWILLING to give a sample.
Like I said she was likely not able to consent as I'm sure her condition would have impaired her judgment to consent and that would have been taken into account

This is speculation only, no facts to back it up. In reading the sequence of these horrific crashes, I am speculating that when she was not “successful” in her first crash, she sped ahead and tryed again. Seems like a horrific attempt at suicide, which may eventually succeed due to the extent of her injuries.

Again, speculation and opinion only.
A miracle no one else was injured
If she were suicidal there are plenty of cliffs she could have driven off of the PCH.She didn't need to go fast and furious on a dang residential street.

Heche remained hospitalized as of Monday after suffering severe burns in the crash. Due to her condition, a warrant was obtained to test Heche's blood for substances, according to the source. Such steps are commonly taken while investigating a suspected DUI crash, especially when the driver is unable to talk.

If she were suicidal there are plenty of cliffs she could have driven off of the PCH.She didn't need to go fast and furious on a dang residential street.
I find it hard to believe the suicide theory. I lean more towards the fact that maybe she was very intoxicated, possibly medicated, either intentionally or not. I think women are more prone to just popping all those pills and getting it over with hoping peacefully rather than wrecking a car as it is no guarantee and could potentially hurt as she is finding out. Of course that is just my opinion.

"We're told shortly after missing the woman, Anne struck another vehicle, a Jaguar, and then took off. Luckily, the driver of the Jaguar was not injured."

Did someone actually take a photo of her in her car, the first time? She appears to be speaking to person. Seems a little strange, no? I’m referring to the last photo in the article.

ETA: This was apparently when she crashed into their garage, so I suppose they took the photo as some sort of evidence. Ok……

Last edited:
Would her blood have been taken on the Friday, but only screened after the warrant was obtained today?
I'd think by now her blood, 3 days later, would not show substance abuse would it?
that would best be answered by a Medical/lab professional. I think the amount of time it stays in the blood system vs. a blood sample may be different.

Would her blood have been taken on the Friday, but only screened after the warrant was obtained today?
I'd think by now her blood, 3 days later, would not show substance abuse would it?
When blood is drawn it is separated (plasma or serum from the red blood cells) and frozen and stored, awaiting orders for further testing.

Sometimes further musical tests are ordered, or a court ordered test could be received.

Law Enforcement would have needed a warrant to obtain the blood in the first place.

I find it hard to believe the suicide theory. I lean more towards the fact that maybe she was very intoxicated, possibly medicated, either intentionally or not. I think women are more prone to just popping all those pills and getting it over with hoping peacefully rather than wrecking a car as it is no guarantee and could potentially hurt as she is finding out. Of course that is just my opinion.

I've never been suicidal so I certainly can't offer anything more than conversations I've had with a family member in LE. He has seen many auto accidents that they believe are suicides and the only conclusion he has ever offered is that suicide voids life insurance policies and suicide by auto is hard to prove so there is usually an insurance payout.

I live in a farming community and seen some neighours pick some horrible ways to commit suicide in order to ensure there was an insurance payout.

This is a classic case of wealthy celebrities getting treated with a lot more deference than "the average joe" in cases like this. I.e., based on all of the articles/news reports out there about this case, it sounds like AH was:

1) Impaired while driving
2) Driving recklessly
3) Intentionally crashed into these two locations
4) A combination of two (or more) of the above

If she was not a wealthy celebrity/big-shot, it would have been immediately reported what caused these crashes. And, if a non-wealthy person was determined to be either inebriated/drugged and/or crashed the car on purpose - they would be going to prison...after they recovered at the hospital.

So, who is now going to take care of the homeowner/homeowners whose house she destroyed?! The house sounds unlivable at this point. Even if the homeowners have insurance money, I can tell you that this doesn't pay for everything involved in the repair(s) of damage this extensive. It will also take months to fix the home, and that's if the home is even worth fixing. And, in the meantime the homeowners will need to live somewhere else. And, most insurance policies won't pay for hotel/motel costs while the homeowner is having the home repaired. Horrible.
Thank you for saying this! I was afraid I would get attacked, but I can't help but notice the difference in empathy for AH in comparison to the woman who killed people in Los Angeles that same day. Granted AH didn't kill anyone, BUT the details of both accidents are quite similar, AH just got lucky. This could have easily gone the same way.

I've never been suicidal so I certainly can't offer anything more than conversations I've had with a family member in LE. He has seen many auto accidents that they believe are suicides and the only conclusion he has ever offered is that suicide voids life insurance policies and suicide by auto is hard to prove so there is usually an insurance payout.

I live in a farming community and seen some neighours pick some horrible ways to commit suicide in order to ensure there was an insurance payout.
Hmmm… but in a residential area though you would never be able to guarantee that no one else would get hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member