Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w prejudice* #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have news about the Suzanne Morphew Hope Foundation?

We know that BM properly transferred the Non Profit from Indiana to Colorado on about 2/21/2020 and filed the 2020 tax return (IRS Form 990EZ) on 3/25/2021.

On this date, the entity is being reported as delinquent in Colorado, and no evidence of the 2021 federal income tax informational return (Form 990EZ) was filed.

I also recall BM long ago withdrew the $6K from the non-profit account so I think for all intent and purposes, the entity is informally dissolved. JMO

I come every morning and every evening, looking for news that Barry Morphew has been arrested. I know the case is open. I know the Sheriff has his best on the case.
What I am looking for is a DA to file charges and a new judge at trial.

I had followed this thread closely before the trial and recall that virtually every participant was very certain of Barry's guilt. With the case dismissal, has anyone changed his/her mind and willing to talk about it? It definitely seems like the thread is still very anti-Barry but I am no longer attempting to keep up so may have missed some comments.

I had followed this thread closely before the trial and recall that virtually every participant was very certain of Barry's guilt. With the case dismissal, has anyone changed his/her mind and willing to talk about it? It definitely seems like the thread is still very anti-Barry but I am no longer attempting to keep up so may have missed some comments.
The evidence has not changed just because the case was dismissed w/o prejudice. He is still guilty, IMO

This thread about the murders is over 2 years old. I have been here from the beginning. The basis of posts are based on fact in both MSM and Court Documents. I have come to the conclusion that BM is unquestionably guilty.

There really have been no new facts discovered/released since BM's case was dismissed, so nothing to change my mind.

Suzanne deserves justice.

There are some members that have brought up questions challenging his guilt. It's a good case to read through...all 103 threads.

JMO

Last edited:
I'm not anti-Barry, I'm pro-put the cold-blooded murderer in prison for life so he can't do it to the next one. Narcissistic abuse disgusts me. ;)
MOO

Last edited:
And the last place Suzanne was seen was at home.
As was Kelsey Berreth.

Another interesting statistic:

Out of all intentional homicides of women and girls in 2020, 58 per cent were perpetrated by intimate partners or other family members, which suggests that the most dangerous place for women is the home. By contrast, the share of all male homicides that can be attributed to intimate partners or other family members amounted to just 10 per cent in 2020, suggesting that men and boys are primarily at risk of being intentionally killed outside the family sphere.

I would think that the roads and highways of the US are more dangerous for women than their own homes. You think there is a tiny bit of anti-male bias in the above "statistic"?

I'm just curious why you ask this question now. Seems you are looking for something.
What information are you looking for?

JMO

BTW, there has been no trial yet...
JMO

I would think that the roads and highways of the US are more dangerous for women than their own homes. You think there is a tiny bit of anti-male bias in the above "statistic"?
No, I do not think the statistics are biased. Other agencies, including the CDC, FBI, DOJ, NCBI have reported similar findings.

Homicide is one of the leading causes of death for women aged ≤44 years, and rates vary by race/ethnicity. Nearly half of female victims are killed by a current or former male intimate partner.

Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women aged 15 to 44.​

The first bar graph provides a breakdown of the 1,809 familial relationships of victims to offenders based on supplementary homicide data from 2018: 119 husbands were killed by their wives, 519 wives were slain by their husbands.

American women are killed by intimate partners (husbands, lovers, ex-husbands, or ex-lovers) more often than by any other type of perpetrator.2–4 Intimate partner homicide accounts for approximately 40% to 50% of US femicides but a relatively small proportion of male homicides (5.9%).

The context of u/steeltowngirl post seems to have escaped you. The statistic she provided refers to intentional homicide, not mortality as a whole. Thus, the most dangerous place for intentional homicide of a women is her home.

The case was dismissed because of legal technicalities. Absolutely nothing to do with exonerating or exculpatory evidence, not one piece was ever presented. If anything, the one piece that Iris used to influence Judge Murphy into considering bail, the DNA samples from the car, turned out to be falsely interpreted and misleading.

Nothing has changed for me and it won’t unless there is other evidence presented. This isn’t a matter of anti-Barry. It is a matter of Justice for Suzanne.

FYI There was no trial.

Just wondering. Why are you no longer keeping up with this case?

What we have in common is we want justice for Suzanne. If you followed from day one, you would remember those who follow WS cases closely picked apart every piece of evidence, timelines, Barry’s own words,etc. We didn’t all just decide to hang Barry on a tree, although I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing him try to squirm his way out of that one.

We each came to our own conclusion that the murderer of Suzanne Morphew was indeed Barry Morphew. For all the lies he tells, he really isn’t a good liar.

The judge made sure this case would not go to trial by telling the prosecutor she couldn’t present her expert witnesses. At that point, going further became a moot point.

There is a great deal of overwhelming evidence. Colorado needs someone with confidence to charge the case and a judge who will allow the expert witnesses to testify, and NOT offer bail on a murder charge.

If that happens, there will be justice for Suzanne and Barry can be sentenced to LWOP. Then we can happily move on to another case.

From the article posted:

"Lama cites health and personal reasons for the resignation. Ongoing hip issues began to hinder his ability to continue to sit on the bench for long periods of time, causing extreme pain.

Lama, 41, started to consider his exit from the bench in September 2021 and had plans to announce the decision in January. But before he could make the announcement, Chief Judge Patrick Murphy asked him to take a high-profile case involving Salida resident Suzanne Morphew, who disappeared in 2020. Her husband, Barry Morphew, was set to stand trial for her alleged murder before the District Attorney’s Office dropped his murder charges in April. Lama agreed to stay on for that case but kept his plans close to the chest so as not to distract from the case."

So was it late in Dec 2021 ish that Judge Murphy decided to recuse and hand over the Morphew case to Judge Ramsey ? Llama was appointed to preside over the case on Jan 5th of 2022 New judge named in Morphew murder trial

Llama knew at that point in time that the ongoing hip issues and resultant “extreme pain” were already impacting his ability to do his job. He was about to resign after thinking about it he says since September 2021. He had decided to resign in January, but instead does an about face and agrees to oversee the case that same January ?

What?

The responsible thing to do would have been not to take the assignment. It seems to me his judgement was impaired when choosing to back burner his resignation, and his judgement was impaired during the trial. Judge Llama really should have some 'splaining to do… IMO only

From the article posted:

"Lama cites health and personal reasons for the resignation. Ongoing hip issues began to hinder his ability to continue to sit on the bench for long periods of time, causing extreme pain.

Lama, 41, started to consider his exit from the bench in September 2021 and had plans to announce the decision in January. But before he could make the announcement, Chief Judge Patrick Murphy asked him to take a high-profile case involving Salida resident Suzanne Morphew, who disappeared in 2020. Her husband, Barry Morphew, was set to stand trial for her alleged murder before the District Attorney’s Office dropped his murder charges in April. Lama agreed to stay on for that case but kept his plans close to the chest so as not to distract from the case."

So was it late in Dec 2021 ish that Judge Murphy decided to recuse and hand over the Morphew case to Judge Ramsey ? Llama was appointed to preside over the case on Jan 5th of 2022 New judge named in Morphew murder trial

Llama knew at that point in time that the ongoing hip issues and resultant “extreme pain” were already impacting his ability to do his job. He was about to resign after thinking about it he says since September 2021. He had decided to resign in January, but instead does an about face and agrees to oversee the case that same January ?

What?

The responsible thing to do would have been not to take the assignment. It seems to me his judgement was impaired when choosing to back burner his resignation, and his judgement was impaired during the trial. Judge Llama really should have some 'splaining to do… IMO only
Is it common for a Judge to resign and go into private practice? From an outside perspective it seems monetary based, with justice being the victim. He sure put a quick end to the case when he disallowed all the expert testimony! All moo

From the article posted:

What?

Weird that the article says Murphy asked Lama to take the case.

Murphy’s Order dated December 30, 2021 disqualifying himself says he turned it over to the Chief Justice to choose his replacement.

24112EDA-1FFB-497F-BACA-38D67892F365.jpegB85C7DCD-242F-45AC-A568-24C0AEA12B96.jpeg

Murphy’s Order dated December 30, 2021 disqualifying himself says he turned it over to the Chief Justice to choose his replacement.

View attachment 358465

View attachment 358465View attachment 358466
Even more weird that Murphy recused himself because of a conflict of interest when Shoshana trespassed on the Puma Path home. The new owners pressed charges, then the charges were dropped after Murphy recused himself. This was after Murphy determined that a random partial DNA profile found in Suzanne's glove compartment was means to grant bail and create this random abduction theory that was not represented by any evidence. Really weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member