Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
New information about the size of the party, and it certainly increases the likelihood that she could have met someone and become a victim of foul play, if accurate..

We know that out of the 200-300 people that were at the party, somebody has to know something," Musallam said.

Prosser Lake is 99 feet at it's deepest, which is offshore of dam and not easily driveable. The dam is more like a big rock berm and even though you drive over it, it would be difficult to launch yourself in a vehicle into the deepest part.

As it is in summer and there is a drought everywhere, I'm not sure what the current depth is.

It should take only a drone flyover to figure out if there is a vehicle in there or a quick review by divers (although at 5700 ft it's a high-altitude, riskier dive). The area around the shoreline where one would drive a car into the reservoir is maximally 40 ft and all of it is regularly examined, in a way, by the scans on boats fishing in it.

https://fishing-app.gpsnauticalchar...Reservoir+boating+app#14.91/39.3811/-120.1540
Per the government monitoring website (USGS Current Conditions for USGS 10340300 PROSSER C RES NR TRUCKEE CA), Prosser Resevoir is almost at its peak capacity for the year. These California mountain lakes are often drained down during the months leading into winter to provide flood protection for spring runoff. Also, many serve to power PG&E hydroelectric systems as well as drinking water supplies.

Past data shows that in March 2021, this lake was at half the capacity of where it is now. As fall approaches, the level will continue to drop, but currently it’s only 10 feet below its max for this year.

While the boat ramp is distant from the deeepest portion of the water, the car would float for always, propelled by the inertia of its motion as it entered it. Additionally, there is a slight current heading from the ramp towards the outflow from the damn, meaning that anything floating would head that direction. Viewed from the air, it is very difficult to see anything under the water, especially if wind is creating a ripple.

The girl’s disappearance is being investigated as a possible abduction, Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Angela Musallam said. It is “being investigated as an abduction ONLY because we have not been able to locate her vehicle,” Musallam said in an emailed response Monday morning.

The other way to hide a car is in the water. It shouldn't take long to run a magnet along the bottom around the boat ramp area.

“I knew it was a big party but it was supposed to be just the community …The party started to grow past the [number] of people that were supposed to be there,” Samantha said.

“There were college kids and people from the Bay area coming and I got a bad feeling about it but didn’t really think much of it.”

This reminds me of a post on the Bay Area subreddit from two weeks ago where someone was asking where they could camp that would allow them to blast music and party and be “super loud” with friends.

Lots of disapproving responses, but also recommendations for BLM land, Nevada, certain national forests, and the reservoirs in the Sierra foothills.

So yeah, I guess it’s not unusual for people from the Bay to head into the Sierras to party.

What I wonder is, who planned the party? Is Samantha (quoted here) sure that it was locals? And if so, who extended the invites to folks from the Bay?

Good exclusive but someone should check with the agency for a clarification as it's not explicitly clear which girl was riding home with a friend during the phone call.

To me it's most likely that Samantha had intended to ride home with Kiely, saw that she was too drunk to drive safely so she (Samantha) got a ride home with someone else. For the phone call to include a "get home safe" pretty strongly suggests Kiely was still planning to drive home that night or was even in the process of driving home and soon thereafter had an accident that shut down her phone.

I imagine she made some new "friends" that night. Friends she thought she could trust. Too much sleeze and creep in this world. Abduction or accident...neither outcome is good. Sending positive vibes to all of her family and friends.
SBM
I’m starting to think it’s a real possibility that because she was drunk, and only 16, that an older guy or possibly guys might have taken advantage of her, and then needed to hide the fact. I certainly hope not. But these crimes do happen.

Either that, or accidentally drove off the road and into the water.

Hoping for a good outcome but there are major concerns in this situation.

Glad to know the FBI is on it.

With easy access to I-80 from the party site, there are just innumerable areas east and west where she could have been taken.

I wonder if the FBI is purportedly involved because of potential abduction into another state (Nevada).

Also north of Prosser Lake along 89 has a lot of obscure places. Beautiful beautiful country, but lots of dirt roads and places to get lost in.

The website, findkiely.com, was created by the family and includes information about Rodni’s disappearance.
1659986742294.jpeg

The girl’s disappearance is being investigated as a possible abduction, Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Angela Musallam said. It is “being investigated as an abduction ONLY because we have not been able to locate her vehicle,” Musallam said in an emailed response Monday morning.

The other way to hide a car is in the water. It shouldn't take long to run a magnet along the boat ramp area.
BBM...Merely running a magnet along the boat ramp area may not find a car in the lake. I am sure some of you remember back to 1994, when a South Carolina woman, Susan Smith, rolled her car off a boat ramp, into John D Long Lake in Union, SC, with her 2 small children inside. It took 9 days to find her car, partly because it was missed when the lake was first searched. LE assumed the car would be within 30 feet of the bank, and it was over 100 feet out into the lake. JMO

Last edited:
The party was on Friday night Aug 5, so she hasn't yet been missing for 24 hours.

At 16, she would be a high school student. There are two high schools in the general area; Truckee High School, about 7 miles from the Prosser Lake Campground, and North Tahoe High School in Tahoe City, about 25 miles from the Prosser Lake Campground.

I think this campground is likely a local party place for the high school populations.
She graduated early

Thanks for this information. I google mapped the route from the campground to her home. It's twelve miles, but travel time on google is 30 minutes. I know LE mentioned the possibility of an abduction, but what about a yet undiscovered accident? There isn't always evidence indicating someone went off the road. Some of those canyons look pretty steep.

I'm betting she went off the road, too. Teens don't have much experience driving at night. And in a remote area, it's easy to get flung off the side of the road.

Here's an example that happened just last year:

New information about the size of the party, and it certainly increases the likelihood that she could have met someone and become a victim of foul play, if accurate..

We know that out of the 200-300 people that were at the party, somebody has to know something," Musallam said.

Unreal.

If someone forced her to drive her vehicle somewhere, then how did that person get home? Thinking along the lines of a possible abduction, they could have potentially driven her car, with her in it, to their residence, which means that person had ridden with others to this "event", didn't have a car of their own that they left behind at the campground, so someone would have noticed that their buddy didn't need a ride home after having ridden with them there in the first place.

Just thinking out loud of one possible scenario.

Good exclusive but someone should check with the agency for a clarification as it's not explicitly clear which girl was riding home with a friend during the phone call.

To me it's most likely that Samantha had intended to ride home with Kiely, saw that she was too drunk to drive safely so she (Samantha) got a ride home with someone else. For the phone call to include a "get home safe" pretty strongly suggests Kiely was still planning to drive home that night or was even in the process of driving home and soon thereafter had an accident that shut down her phone.
"Get home safe" is like "have a safe flight."

Like flying in a passenger plane, one does not have to be driving in order for someone to say that.

BBM...running a magnet along the boat ramp area may not find a car in the lake. I am sure some of you remember back to 1994, when a South Carolina woman rolled her car off a boat ramp, into John D Long Lake in Union, SC, with her 2 small children inside. It took 9 days to find her car, even though it was missed when the lake was first searched. LE assumed the car would be within 30 feet of the bank, and it was over 100 feet out into the lake. JMO

I just read a case on here where a dad and 3 kids went into a lake in their car. LE didn't search the lake much. The family was searching the area again a week or so later and an aunt saw one of the children floating on the lake. :(

Wondering where her phone last pinged - wouldn't it be close to a body of water if she went into a lake... Her phone must have pinged last in an area not on the way home from the party I would think for this to be considered an abduction and no car was located in that location.. you know they would have traced that area and didn't find anything....

The website, findkiely.com, was created by the family and includes information about Rodni’s disappearance.
View attachment 358456
Thanks. So that official website says "Now classified as abduction."

That's an awfully big and expensive car for a 16 year old school child to have.

I wonder if:

a) Kiely was comfortable driving it and able to handle a big vehicle like that? It's not a small car to hide either, so an accident is possible, more so if drinking or drugs were involved.

b) perhaps she came across as older that 16 and someone thought she was one of the 'young adults' there. These days a 16 year old can pretty much pass for late 20s, and Kiely certainly looks much older in the photo provided. If she said she was 26, I'd believe her.

I wonder if she went for a drive with someone and it was just him and her in her car, and the situation that started out as friendly, turned nasty when she said no or wanted to drive back or go home.

MOO.
crv arent that big. its the smallest honda suv. living in an area w snow requires 4wd.

California law requires a person to be at least 18 years of age in order legally to get a tattoo. In fact, according to Penal Code 653 PC, it is a criminal offense to “ink” or administer a tattoo to a minor under the age of 18.

Penal Code 653 PC - Tattooing a Minor - California Law

Is it legal to tattoo under 18 in California?​

The Penal Code 653 is the section of the California law that addresses getting a tattoo before the age of 18. According to the part of the law, it is illegal for anybody 18 years old or younger to get tattooed, and it is also illegal for anyone to offer to tattoo them.
What Age Can You Get A Tattoo In California? - Inland Empire

I did not have the opp to complete this post as I was on a lunch break that was cut short. I have a tendency to lean on the conservative side, esp. when it pertains to our precious children. My personal philosophy is if you will break one law, you'll break another one.

This precious child could have received the tattoo from anywhere in the world where they are legal for minors to be inked.

I watched this mother's heartbreaking plea last night. Please. Someone had to see her leave or know who she'd been hanging out with at the party. Anyone with any information can call (530) 581-6320 Option 7. You can remain anonymous.

A $50,000 reward is being offered for any information that leads to finding Kiely Rodni

$50,000 reward offered for information on missing teen Kiely Rodni

Flightradar24

There is a Sacramento KCRA news helicopter up over the Prosser Reservoir area, appears to have been doing circles in the general area/

Now on it's fifth circle around the reservoir.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member