CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

No matter what the court or her attorneys want to use as charges or defenses, she needs to be incarcerated or institutionalized.

She should never ever be allowed to drive again. IMHO.

Agree- she was involved in another auto accident in 2020 involving "bodily injury"- this woman is a danger on the road- and she needs to pay the price for what she did in this horrific collision. She has taken lives, ruined families forever- absolutely devastating.

Here's what I have in my notes from what I gathered from all the articles posted.

8/8/22 Update: Linton was charged Monday with 6 counts of murder & 5 counts of gross vehicular manslaughter. Prosecutors say the Los Angeles woman was behind the wheel of a Mercedes-Benz that was speeding as fast as 90mph when she ran a red light shortly after 1:30pm & plowed into traffic at the busy intersection of La Brea & Slauson avenues. LA County Dist. Atty. George Gascón said Linton faces up to life in prison if convicted of all charges. In Linton's case, investigators found she has a history of dangerous crashes & knew the threat posed by her driving behavior, prosecutors said. California Highway Patrol investigators identified 13 prior crashes involving Linton. Those incidents are the foundation for the district attorney's case that she knew the dangers of reckless driving. However, Gascón said there is no evidence of any alcohol use by Linton at this point. The murder charges against Linton are for the deaths of 23-year-old Asherey Ryan; her nearly 1-year-old child, Alonzo Quintero; her boyfriend, Reynold Lester; & their unborn child. Ryan was 8½ months pregnant when she was killed. Craig Pitchford, 66, died at the scene, while seven people inside a Chevrolet Traverse were injured. An eighth person injured has been identified only as a 19-year-old. Linton also was charged with murder for the deaths of 2 women killed in the crash who have yet to be identified. The five counts of vehicular manslaughter against her are for the deaths of the 4 adults and the baby, who was about two weeks shy of 1 year old. Ryan's unborn child cannot be included in those charges. LA County Superior Court Judge Natalie Stone denied her bail, which previously had been set at $9 million, at the request of the DA's office, which said she is a flight risk. Linton's permanent address is in Texas & she's currently renting a room in Los Angeles as a traveling nurse. She was set to travel to Hawaii for work, prosecutors said. Attorney Halim Dhanidina asked the court to continue Linton's arraignment to October because he is reviewing her out-of-state history of "documented profound mental health issues." "She should have been aware of her limitations" before she got behind the wheel, the judge said in denying Linton's bail. A bond hearing was scheduled on the matter was set for 8/15/22.

That is 6 people for the murder counts. The unborn child does not count in California.

I must have missed the date - is there one for her arraignment hearing? TIA!

And I do have this bond hearing for 8/15.

@Herat - can you access L.A. County court site & get a case # for this? I have tagged gitana but she doesn't seem to be around as she usually gets me a #. TIA if you can! :)

Oh - has anyone seen how old Lester the boyfriend was?
@Niner OT: I just wanted to tell you that I'm always amazed by you. You do amazing work and are such an asset to W.S. and also to all of us.

The crashes were cited by The Los Angeles Time yesterday but no further details have emerged.

DailyMail.com obtained crash records from two incidents in Texas - one in 2013 and one in 2016.

In both cases, another driver rear-ended her vehicle.

The California Highway Patrol declined to provide further details of any other crash.

Does she have a permanent residence in Houston?
So the Mercedes is hers, she drove it from TX to CA and then was planning on driving it back cross country to Texas to hop a plane to Hawaii for her next job?
Wonder how long she had been in CA and where she had worked prior to that gig.
JMO

I applied for nursing school many moons ago and was denied entry because I had a single misdemeanor that happened when I was a teen - I had to wait 7 years to be eligible to reapply! (I didn’t - I chose another career lol). It boggles me that she had 13 crashes and “profound” mental health issues and was able to stay licensed, but perhaps the crashes weren’t criminally charged and perhaps she didn’t report the mental health issues…

The article is looking for input from people who have worked with or been treated by Nicole. It will be interesting to hear what people have to say about their experiences with her.

I wonder how she is feeling. Remorseful that she killed others? Shocked at her behavior? Angry that she didn’t die (if that was the plan)?

What a mess. :(

All JMO
Being a nurse I hope she has compassion for others. Killing 6 people by accident or by your own negligence, lack of due regard and unsafe life choices has to be devastating, I would think. If she does not have mental health issues she may have them going forward. I imagine that is why she may be wearing a suicided garment,

I’d like to know the details of those 13 accidents.
Were all of them her fault?
If she was rear ended by another driver - she would not be considered at fault for the accident.
Her car insurance had to be sky high, but working as a traveler she could afford it.
JMO

Being a nurse I hope she has compassion for others. Killing 6 people by accident or by your own negligence, lack of due regard and unsafe life choices has to be devastating, I would think. If she does not have mental health issues she may have them going forward. I imagine that is why she may be wearing a suicided garment,
I hope so too. I work in healthcare (not as a nurse) and have unfortunately spent lots of time in the hospital as a patient. In my experience, some of the most caring and compassionate nurses were the ones whos personal lives were in total disarray. It seems like perhaps they compartmentalize between work and personal life. I hope that Nicole's patients were treated well.

JMO

Yep, from article above her attorney is claiming mental health as a reason for killing and maiming a bunch of people. Very, very tired of the mental health canard.
It's a good way to delay things. Once the parade of psychiatrists shows up, the process gets muddied.
Just my opinion. The judge needs to be on top of this, or it could take years before justice is done.

Yep, from article above her attorney is claiming mental health as a reason for killing and maiming a bunch of people. Very, very tired of the mental health canard.
I wish mental health was treated more seriously in this country and we had resources available so that perhaps people who are ill would receive treatment, and stop causing these situations. I don't think you can call it a "canard" unless you know the person directly.
I would be very interested to see all the info in this case.

This case describes that Justine Winter was convicted of murder after killing occupants of another vehicle in an attempt to commit suicide. She has been paroled. I doubt Nicole Linton was attempting suicide, but if she was, she could be facing a murder charge.
I think she’s facing murder charges no matter what. All imo

Here comes the ugly part: her defense attorneys-- all those crappy excuses--- and especially tired of the mental health canard---they may also go for vehicle malfunction
ppl talk a lot of crap about cali and i get it, but "mental health" does not get anyone off. yes it takes a long time. but if they are deemed mentally unfit, they are sent to atascadero or metro which is like hospital prison until they are medicated and lucid then sent back to their county of offense. sometimes they refuse meds and starts over again. rinse and repeat. i find Marylands system worse (look up catherine hoggle)

<modsnip>

I watched the video of her in court. She had a blank expression except when her sister was mentioned, and cried when bail was denied by the judge.

I still can't believe she was an ICU nurse.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
There is another video somewhere that purports to show her with a cell phone held high outside the car window. I found a still from that going around. Not certain if it's authentic, still researching it.
If it is genuine, was she trying to commit suicide while filming it??
So many questions...I hope they keep her in jail. This is obviously a very dangerous person.
The photo with her hand outside the vehicle is the one (left) with the injury, so am thinking maybe an authentic pic, but who knows?

Also, I can’t believe what some people are able to make out in photos: I usually see a “blob” where others can pick out facial features and other details. I would be a terrible detective!

As someone from the UK where these sorts of things are heavily restricted, it always amazes me in US cases how Americans are seemingly free to discuss and show whatever they like straight after the incident. How is showing that video on the news and the following speculation from witnesses and presenters not prejudicial to any trial?

Don't get me wrong, for selfish reasons I like it as it makes US cases much easier to follow than the UK ones where you still often don't get the full picture even after the trial. However I do think it damages the fairness of the justice system having this free for all with seemingly no restriction on what people can show or say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back