Found Deceased Shana Alison DiMambro Last Seen 7/19/22- 7 AM in Her Home,100 block Mitchell Street, Spring Branch

The Comal County Sheriff’s Office on Friday ruled out homicide as the cause of death for Shana DiMambro, the 45-year-old Spring Branch woman who went missing 10 days before searchers discovered her body a week ago.

I am beginning to question if that was actually stated by LE, or whether it was just inferred by the following statement, actually made by LE, and the newspaper just interpreted it to mean that homicide had been ruled out, and ran with it.

“Based on our investigation we don’t have any evidence of a criminal offense,” CCSO Criminal Investigation Division Capt. Rocky Millican said. “We do not believe there is any danger to the public, and obviously we’re continuing the investigation into the cause of death.”

I truly do not see how ANYTHING can definitively be ruled out as cause of death when LE has not even yet determined a cause of death, and while the investigation is still ongoing. I also find it odd that ONLY this newspaper is reporting that homicide has been ruled out. It seems news that important to the case would have come in the form of an official press release, and would have been made available to all news outlets. Yet, nothing from any other source.

Until I hear "homicide has been ruled out as the cause of death" from someone in LE with the authority to make that statement, I am going to take it with a grain of salt. JMO

I agree 100%. I feel like we see a lot of sloppy reporting in some of these cases. LE usually chooses their words carefully. Ironically, some journalists do not.

Yes, I have a hard time believing that a deeply Christian woman went out, undressed, hid her clothes and decided to stroll the area buck naked. And then she somehow crossed two fences (barbed wire I presume?), without shredding her naked body on them and therefore leaving a huge trail of blood behind, got into that dry pond and decided to die. Sorry, it has no sense. At all.
The exact cause of death has yet to be released by the ME has yet to release the cause/method of death. However, being religious has no reflection on being naked at time and location of death. One’s mental health can. Play a role in one’s death. IMO

The exact cause of death has yet to be released by the ME has yet to release the cause/method of death. However, being religious has no reflection on being naked at time and location of death. One’s mental health can. Play a role in one’s death. IMO

As far as I know devout Christians are not very keen on naked strolls. Of course someone in a mental breakdown (think psychotic state) could go for a naked walk, nevermind the rules of their faith, but for now nothing points towards the possibility of psychosis in Shana.

Plus she could have shed her clothing nearby & LE is withholding that info maybe? Nothing has been confirmed about the clothing that I have seen. She may have walked through an open gate, climbed a metal gate instead of going through barbed wire. Maybe she felt hot even with light clothing on and was verging on heat stroke, taking a drug that affected her, or ???

I think we are going to find this is misadventure of some kind but like OPs, until the CCSO says in a statement or news conference that it was definitely not homicide, we have to wait.

JMO

"In my heart, I know there was probably some depression and it probably was because of being back down here [in Texas]. This was not the place for her. However, I do not know of anything personally, but in my heart there probably was depression there," said DiMambro Schneider.
"I've had to stop looking at stuff, interviews and things like that because a lot of them, I think, are so different. A lot of conflicting information. I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's just very difficult to wrap your brain around."

"In my heart, I know there was probably some depression and it probably was because of being back down here [in Texas]. This was not the place for her. However, I do not know of anything personally, but in my heart there probably was depression there," said DiMambro Schneider.
"I've had to stop looking at stuff, interviews and things like that because a lot of them, I think, are so different. A lot of conflicting information. I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's just very difficult to wrap your brain around."
A public memorial is scheduled for Shana DiMambro on August 17 at Community Bible Church Bulverde. Her aunt said family will be in attendance for the service.

"On that Wednesday, when we have that memorial, I would just ask that everybody would take a moment and think about Shana. Picture a field of sunflowers and say a prayer for her."

The tattoo was on her shoulder blade, so it may have been visible even if she was found face up.
Sorry IMO that would make it her shoulder. Shoulder blade is in the back. Reports have specifically stated her back and neck. The neck I can see even if she is facing downbecause it could be on the side of her neck. But when it specifically stated shoulder blade its in the back.

The current ambiguity of the body position is confusing me as well, even the description of "looked like she was crawling". Surely they didn't mean she was on her hands and knees and supporting her weight? Wondering if she was on her side with limbs bent (i.e. crawling posture) but flat on ground, and her head was at some unnatural angle, which has led to discrepancy. That position would also allow you to see a back tattoo.
(all speculation, moo)

The current ambiguity of the body position is confusing me as well, even the description of "looked like she was crawling". Surely they didn't mean she was on her hands and knees and supporting her weight? Wondering if she was on her side with limbs bent (i.e. crawling posture) but flat on ground, and her head was at some unnatural angle, which has led to discrepancy. That position would also allow you to see a back tattoo.
(all speculation, moo)
I think the overall problem was the condition of the body, as much of it was skeletonized. Herr & Seeger saw the tattoo.

Assuming that tattoo was on her shoulder blade as reported, as @5W's says, that means her back was visible. Anatomy 101.

Whether she was face up or down we may never know. Due to decomposition & possible movement of the skeleton by foragers, the head could have been in an unnatural position.

It gives me no pleasure to write any of this. What are we seeking to find or prove by this debate? Sure the media accounts have differed. I bluntly ask, so what? They only have Herr & Seeger to rely on.

Personally, once homicide is ruled out in a public statement by CCSO or the coroner, does it matter if she " appeared" to be face up (Seeger) or face down (Herr)? We wait on manner & cause of death. And wait. And wait.

I will end with a criticism of CCSO. They should have found the body the first day buzzards were seen and reported. That she lay in the open for days after that is absurd.

JMHO

ETA: Crawling remains completely unconfirmed by LE AFAIK.

Last edited:
It gives me no pleasure to write any of this. What are we seeking to find or prove by this debate? Sure the media accounts have differed. I bluntly ask, so what? They only have Herr & Seeger to rely on.
(snipped by me)
There's not much else to talk about yet in terms of this case/discovery :confused: I think it's natural to be inquisitive about discrepancies, even if theres nothing to prove. Respectfully, nothing we discuss has any bearing on the case at large, unless someone here is also reaching out to LE. In terms of actual bearings, I'm willing to bet body position does give a clue about COD i.e. if posture appears staged. I like tracking every forensic aspect of these cases for preparation in estimating future outcomes in cases/outcomes in medical examiner cases I will be working on in the future ;)

(ofc, this discrepancy only exists in the media and i'm sure that LE knows)

(snipped by me)
There's not much else to talk about yet in terms of this case/discovery :confused: I think it's natural to be inquisitive about discrepancies, even if theres nothing to prove. Respectfully, nothing we discuss has any bearing on the case at large, unless someone here is also reaching out to LE. In terms of actual bearings, I'm willing to bet body position does give a clue about COD i.e. if posture appears staged. I like tracking every forensic aspect of these cases for preparation in estimating future outcomes in cases/outcomes in medical examiner cases I will be working on in the future ;)

(ofc, this discrepancy only exists in the media and i'm sure that LE knows)
BRAVO! I couldn't have said this any better. The deceased deserves the proper conclusion and nothing less than.

Well, it appears now that homicide has not been absolutely ruled out. I am happy to see this clarification, finally.

“At this point we don’t have any evidence of there being a criminal connection or offense,” Millican said last week, following an autopsy that CCSO said indicated “no apparent signs of trauma.”

Toxicology results from the autopsy, however, could take weeks, even months — meaning homicide has not totally been ruled out as the cause, Millican said.

“Until we get all of those results and confirm everything, along with all of the other evidence, we can’t say it wasn’t a homicide or a (natural) death,” he said.

Absence of evidence of a criminal offense could (among other things) mean that there were no injuries found on the body. Would a strangulation death be detectable at this point or would it require further testing? What about smothering? Poisoning? Could she have died of alcohol poisoning?
I imagine we will get the answers to these questions when the final autopsy results are back.

I think the overall problem was the condition of the body, as much of it was skeletonized. Herr & Seeger saw the tattoo.

Assuming that tattoo was on her shoulder blade as reported, as @5W's says, that means her back was visible. Anatomy 101.

Whether she was face up or down we may never know. Due to decomposition & possible movement of the skeleton by foragers, the head could have been in an unnatural position.

Personally, once homicide is ruled out in a public statement by CCSO or the coroner, does it matter if she " appeared" to be face up (Seeger) or face down (Herr)? We wait on manner & cause of death. And wait. And wait.

I will end with a criticism of CCSO. They should have found the body the first day buzzards were seen and reported. That she lay in the open for days after that is absurd.

JMHO

ETA: Crawling remains completely unconfirmed by LE AFAIK.
^^^THIS^^^

I know the one guy was experienced SAR and im sure both know not to touch a body but has anyone thought that just mayyyybe one or the other turned her over for ID sake? Either to try and see her face or opposite, to see the tattoo? That's the one thing they are both adamant about...they absolutely saw the tattoo. Maybe when the one recognized her, they realized how important it was not to touch her and just lied?
Or is that too far out of the box?

I know the one guy was experienced SAR and im sure both know not to touch a body but has anyone thought that just mayyyybe one or the other turned her over for ID sake? Either to try and see her face or opposite, to see the tattoo? That's the one thing they are both adamant about...they absolutely saw the tattoo. Maybe when the one recognized her, they realized how important it was not to touch her and just lied?
Or is that too far out of the box?
I've thought about this too because their descriptions make no sense, but they MUST know to not touch a dead body, and probably wouldn't want to with the amount of decomp going on. imo. I just don't get it. But all I hope for is answers of what happened, for her family. Her mama seems so sweet and ugh it just must be so frustrating and heartbreaking

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back