ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
starts in fifteen minute.s UK time 17.30; Eastern 12.30; Central11.30 and West Coast 9.30

Thanks for the link! I like and agree with LH's use of "pristine jury"... that's not what is meant by a fair trial. I wish LH had her own YT channel (or team-up with SR as that duo worked so well together today).

jmo

Thanks for the link! I like and agree with LH's use of "pristine jury"... that's not what is meant by a fair trial. I wish LH had her own YT channel (or team-up with SR as that duo worked so well together today).

jmo

I watched this earlier today (UK) very interesting I thought. Good Lori did work well with Scott. He did infact invite her back.
Maybe now some of the mystery of this case will be visible for all to see.

Was I the only a bit disappointed seeing this exchange, asking about her motivation behind filings the Motions.

Reisch: What made you decide to do that? Was it just frustration, or obviously for your interests and everybody else’s?

Hellis: for my own interest
(then she elaborates on defense attorneys standing with the Constitution)?

Hopefully the Court doesn’t watch SR’s video….they may latch onto the “for myself” vs. the language of all about the rights of the public used in the Motion. Also, JMO but if she wanted to include “everyone/the public” in her answer, I think she would’ve added it in. JMOO and IMHO and all that jazz.

Was I the only a bit disappointed seeing this exchange, asking about her motivation behind filings the Motions.

Reisch: What made you decide to do that? Was it just frustration, or obviously for your interests and everybody else’s?

Hellis: for my own interest
(then she elaborates on defense attorneys standing with the Constitution)?

Hopefully the Court doesn’t watch SR’s video….they may latch onto the “for myself” vs. the language of all about the rights of the public used in the Motion. Also, JMO but if she wanted to include “everyone/the public” in her answer, I think she would’ve added it in. JMOO and IMHO and all that jazz.

The first part of her answer clarifies she wasn't acting (filing) on anyone's behalf (just her own). And, that seems fine to me... particularly, if just automatically sealing so many things (as the judge has done) isn't really the proper procedure. (jmo and I have no legal background)

Last edited:
Yes, her filing indicates she was filing on her own. Her argument within her filing uses a lot of “the public” style language implying she was motivated [IMO] by helping more of the public.

Anyways, not much of this matters at this moment; I am eager to hear what others think about Prior getting the Foundation and Director of Idaho Innocence Project on his team to sign an affidavit of Opposition of the Motion for Consumptive Testing (will attach in a new post for those interested)

For those who were interested-

Prior, Chad’s attorney, has gotten the Founder and Director of Idaho Innocence Project on his team to sign an affidavit of Opposition of the Motion for Consumptive Testing. His name is GREG HAMPIKIAN. I have attached his affidavit below.

Attachments

• Affidavit of Greg Hampikian in Opposition to Motion for Consumptive Testing.pdf
    421 KB · Views: 16
For those who were interested-

Prior, Chad’s attorney, has gotten the Founder and Director of Idaho Innocence Project on his team to sign an affidavit of Opposition of the Motion for Consumptive Testing. His name is GREG HAMPIKIAN. I have attached his affidavit below.
Greg Hampikan is one of the best DNA experts in the country. In the Daralyn Johnson case, in Idaho, he helped get the man who was wrongfully convicted exonerated. And then, he helped find the real killer. IMO, his signing the affidavit would be based on his beliefs as as a DNA expert, and in preserving DNA; not in any belief in the innocence of LV and CD.

New DNA technology leads to DNA match in Daralyn Johnson murder case

Yes, her filing indicates she was filing on her own. Her argument within her filing uses a lot of “the public” style language implying she was motivated [IMO] by helping more of the public.

Anyways, not much of this matters at this moment; I am eager to hear what others think about Prior getting the Foundation and Director of Idaho Innocence Project on his team to sign an affidavit of Opposition of the Motion for Consumptive Testing (will attach in a new post for those interested)
Yeah, that doesn't bother me either, since naturally, someone looking to write a book absolutely specifically is simultaneously trying to bring something to the public; in this case knowledge.

I'm not really sure it matters in regards to whom she's filing it on behalf. Whether it's her as a member of the media, as a resident or for the general public. It really comes down to the law and someone to file the motions to address it.

I've worried about all the sealings as to what impact that will have on appeals. JP has argued for against sealings/hearings on numerous occasions

JB is still green and these are giant/complicated death penalty cases. I'm still floored they didn't move CD trial date up (to the timeframe in which JP wanted it to be held). Instead, they're hoping the justification to deny LV's constitutional rights holds up? That's a huge gamble and I simply don't get it.

I'm not really sure it matters in regards to whom she's filing it on behalf. Whether it's her as a member of the media, as a resident or for the general public. It really comes down to the law and someone to file the motions to address it.

I've worried about all the sealings as to what impact that will have on appeals. JP has argued for against sealings/hearings on numerous occasions

JB is still green and these are giant/complicated death penalty cases. I'm still floored they didn't move CD trial date up (to the timeframe in which JP wanted it to be held). Instead, they're hoping the justification to deny LV's constitutional rights holds up? That's a huge gamble and I simply don't get it.

Yup. It was a huge gamble, I completely agree. And for what? Seems huge risk with much smaller reward. A conviction now vs. a conviction overturned later because US and Idaho Constitutional rights were allegedly violated…..that would be a real disappointment to the victims and their families (and many of the public too, I think). JMHO.

Just a few hours ago he slammed the LDS Church on Twitter.

Regardless of one’s own opinions on Means himself, his comments/feelings may also have to do with some of the ongoing investigations like this from the AP. Things seem to be uncovered more and more each day and …..it’s disappointing and disheartening.

I would really appreciate it if someone could explain this to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288