DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have updated their policy on child/infant cases and are now open to accepting some on a case-by-case evaluation basis. This was revealed in a Reddit ''Ask us anything'' thread, specifically by Cairenn Binder.
I have found articles about the DDP newest case Woodlawn Cemetery Jane Doe 2017 (ME) and according to the article she was a child, so I think may be that’s when they changed the rules.

They have updated their policy on child/infant cases and are now open to accepting some on a case-by-case evaluation basis. This was revealed in a Reddit ''Ask us anything'' thread, specifically by Cairenn Binder.
Is anyone else thinking St. Louis Jane Doe?

They have also mentioned that they have identified a few Does with a Latin American and South American ancestry and the announcement are pending.
I was so excited to see this. Does anyone know which pending cases are of Latino Does?

I have no clue honestly, can be anyone, except for Ms. Startex (SC), as they said Puerto Rican ancestry is particularly difficult, but they find it easier to work with the Mexican ancestry. View attachment 358769
I know it's not Lyra Jade (Ventura County Jane Doe) or Tempe Girl. Going to look through their cases on the website and try to think.

Possible Latino ones awaiting announcement? These are from Active Cases on DDP website.

Franklin Co John Doe 2007
Pima County Jane Doe 2010
St. Croix County Jane Doe 2002 (was probably Asian or Pacific Islander, but listed as possibly Native American - could be a Hispanic Native American)
Lake Michigan Jane Doe 1997 (unknown race/ethnicity)
Broadway St. Phoenix Jane Doe 2004
Trabuco Canyon John Doe
Lenawee Co John Doe 1997
Redondo Beach Jane Doe 2001 (unknown race/ethnicity)
Kenosha John Doe 1993 (unknown race/ethnicity)
Rebel Ray John Doe
Apache Junction Jane Doe

Just some that I pulled from the website.

Possible Latino ones awaiting announcement? These are from Active Cases on DDP website.

St. Croix County Jane Doe 2002 (was probably Asian or Pacific Islander, but listed as possibly Native American - could be a Hispanic Native American)
Trabuco Canyon John Doe
Lenawee Co John Doe 1997
Rebel Ray John Doe
Apache Junction Jane Doe

1. Apache Junction is half-Mexican and she has not been identified, Cairenn Binder, the team lead on her case said yesterday they are still working hard on constructing her mother’s family tree.

2. St Croix County Jane Doe has been announced to be of Scandinavian ancestry, not Native American. It was prior to genealogical research they though she could be Native American.

3. Lake Michigan Jane Doe according to her admixture chart is probably from Anglophone/central european ancestry, not hispanic.

4. Redondo Jane Doe according to her admixture chart is 100% African-American

1. Apache Junction is half-Mexican and she has not been identified, Cairenn Binder, the team lead on her case said yesterday they are still working hard on constructing her mother’s family tree.

2. St Croix County Jane Doe has been announced to be of Scandinavian ancestry, not Native American. It was prior to genealogical research they though she could be Native American.

3. Lake Michigan Jane Doe according to her admixture chart is probably from Anglophone/central european ancestry, not hispanic.

4. Redondo Jane Doe according to her admixture chart is 100% African-American
Thanks. I wasn't aware of all of this so appreciate the reply. I was just going off the site!

Trabuco Canyon John Doe
Lenawee Co John Doe 1997
Rebel Ray John Doe
Apache Junction Jane Doe

I would say these Does could be of hispanic origins/latin/center america:

1.Rebel Ray
2. Kenosha John Doe he was proven to have connection to Catawba Indian nation in South Carolina, but also had matches with people of Hispanic descent from Sonora, Mexica
3. Apache Junction JD (half-Mexican)
4. Lenawee County John Doe, was said on his websleuth thread he is probably of Mexican ancestry
5. Tom Green County John Doe was announced to be of Columbian and European decent
6. Trabuco Canyon JD he has ancestry in remote areas of Latin America
7. Broadway St Phoenix Jane Doe was announced has a family in Calvillo, Aguacalientes, Mexico
8. Mecklenburg Co John Doe 2008 (according to his admixture)
9. New Britain Jane Doe was announced to be of Puerto Rican decent
10. Ms Startex Jane Doe also of Puerto Rican decent
11. Mecklenburg Co Jane Doe 2011- is of hispanic decent
12. Bowmanville Jane Doe (Canada) is of Caribbean decent
13. Saginaw Co John Doe- it was added to his profile on the DDP website that he was possibly hispanic
14. Mercer Island John Doe after the DDP started to work on his case he was proven to be not Asian but Native American
15. Temple Girl
16. Ventura County Jane Doe
17.Pina County Jane Doe

Not sure, if I missed somebody.

Last edited:
Thanks. I wasn't aware of all of this so appreciate the reply. I was just going off the site!
By the way, Cairenn mentioned that Tempe Girl was probably of Peruvian & Mexican ancestry, I hope it will be a fast solve

By the way, Cairenn mentioned that Tempe Girl was probably of Peruvian & Mexican ancestry, I hope it will be a fast solve
It sounds like her case is already proving to be difficult. I hope it will be easier to solve than it seems now!

Eaton County John Doe is on the site now:

Joan have updated the spreadsheet and added new cases, the highest matches for cases are:
Downtown Phoenix JD 2004 51.3cM
Franklin Co JD 2007 108.1 cM
Gwinnett Co JD 2015 64.2 cM
Hardin County JD 160.4 cM
Pima Co JD 2010 41.2 cM
Rock Co JD 208 cM
Tucson Parking Lot JD 153 cM
Valencia Road JD 284 cM
Woodlawn Cemetery JD. 237 cM

I also have noticed that Ramsey County JD has been added as a new case, not sure if it is a mistake, as she has been announced to be identified and Metson Lake JD is missing.

I just realized that the DDP’s newest case Burlington County John Doe is there very first case from Vermont. Not sure if this state has ever applied forensic genealogy before.

Also, their another newest case Trego County John Doe is their second case from Kansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member