Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

N974HP California Highway Patrol Helicopter around Donner Memorial Park, FWIW. May not be anything significant. Now circling south of Truckee.

Path began at Elders Corner, went straight over mountainous area.

This one looks interesting.... doing a pattern over the Sawtooth Ridge area? 06 Fire Road is up there with access to many other fire roads shooting off it. When I lived near that area, I used to mountain bike in the middle of the night with headlamps (I was training for 24 hour mtb races) all over that area.

Also it's pissing me off how silent the kids who were in attendance at that party are when it comes to this case. I find it hard to believe that not one person didn't see her leave when there were damn near 300 kids at that party and it BS that not one of them is speaking up to help this case and find this girl. A mom is missing her child. I get they might be afraid to speak up but come on. This is a human life and parents are suffering. It makes me so mad.

Happens a lot.
It does indeed happen a lot. Due to the changing climate, water levels are lowering in arid or semi-arid states causing more lost vehicles to become visible but they're rising in many temperate states.

*Dang it, I’m trying to respond to someone who asked about Kiely’s studies but I can’t find it now. My mind is so discombobulated. Idk whether to laugh or cry. This case is beyond belief. Stranger than fiction for sure. Anyways, here it is

Kiely graduated in June from Forest Charter School, a public school in Truckee of about 700 students. An honors student, she graduated early after skipping a grade and plans to study music in the fall at Sierra College.
Daniel Rodni at a community search effort for his missing daughter, Kiely Rodni.

Daniel Rodni at a community search effort for his missing daughter, Kiely Rodni.

Last edited:
I have been wondering about the phone too. So odd that the last location of it as at the campground. The thing about it dying though doesn't make sense to me because it was said that Kiely and Sami charged their phones around 11:30ish.
If she is anything like my kids, they let their phone get to 1% before charging. Then charge to 10-20% and go back to what they are doing because they are too impatient to fully charge. Their phones are alway dead or almost dead.

I have been wondering about the phone too. So odd that the last location of it as at the campground. The thing about it dying though doesn't make sense to me because it was said that Kiely and Sami charged their phones around 11:30ish.

That's an interesting point. It is possible that they didn't charge enough to last long, but if she was already aware her phone was low on battery, wouldn't that be one of the first things you'd do when you get back to your car to leave? My phone will turn on pretty quickly after plugging in, even if it was dead at the time I plugged it in.

This one looks interesting.... doing a pattern over the Sawtooth Ridge area? 06 Fire Road is up there with access to many other fire roads shooting off it. When I lived near that area, I used to mountain bike in the middle of the night with headlamps (I was training for 24 hour mtb races) all over that area.
very interesting, been at the same spot for a bit right by the campground.

*Dang it, I’m trying to respond to someone who asked about Kiely’s studies but I can’t find it now. My mind is so discombobulated. Idk whether to laugh or cry. This case is beyond belief. Stranger than fiction for sure. Anyways, here it is

Kiely graduated in June from Forest Charter School, a public school in Truckee of about 700 students. An honors student, she graduated early after skipping a grade and plans to study music in the fall at Sierra College.
Thanks! I was looking for that a couple of days ago. I found where she'd attended high school, but couldn't find what she was going on to study.

Also it's pissing me off how silent the kids who were in attendance at that party are when it comes to this case. I find it hard to believe that not one person didn't see her leave when there were damn near 300 kids at that party and it BS that not one of them is speaking up to help this case and find this girl. A mom is missing her child. I get they might be afraid to speak up but come on. This is a human life and parents are suffering. It makes me so mad.
a bunch of teenagers and young adults, there has to mountains of pictures, videos, snaps from their devices. What teen do you know that is not taking selfies, pics and snaps and making videos that is their life. I'm sure if LE could get some cooperation there would be a little something. Hopefully they have some of the kids names and they can scour their SM to see if they can find a hint of anything.

My daughter reminded me... Forest Charter has a couple of campuses. One of them in Truckee and the other campuses in Nevada City, Foresthill, and Auburn. So kids from there probably would have been coming up to this party and not have as much of the local knowledge that the Truckee kids have. I don't know how many kids local in Truckee attend Forest Charter. But that makes more sense with kids coming in from all over, some camping at Prosser, maybe others camping at other spots....

Ever since Covid, our town has been slammed with way more people...

I can’t really tell from the online maps so I have a question you may or may not be able to answer. If this party had 200-300 people and lest say everyone came with a friend, is there parking for 100-150 cars at the campsite?

Is there big open areas to park? Do you think you would need to walk any distance? How far away from a party would you need to park to get there?

Just wondering about possibly getting disoriented and then confused when driving away from the party.
The 200-300 people is over the course of the whole party, which went from 8pm until the early morning—not who were there at the same time. This larger number is what matters to LE because any of those people may have seen something, or been involved. People like KR’s friend Mags went for only 10 minutes, for example.

That has crossed my mind too. Besides my seatbelt, one of the first things I do is plug in my phone. It's just habit at this point. Kiely's phone lost service roughly 3 minutes after hanging up with Sami if I recall correctly. So whatever happened, happened quickly. The battery died, it broke or was taken from her or in the water. If searches aren't showing that Kiely is in the water, foul play is looking like more and more the answer.

This is a new angle I haven't heard before and could be a possibility.! don't believe a quick charging of phones would deplete a car battery that quick, but ya never know. And depending on the phone, it may have not been a big boost in battery power. Some phones have a quick charge though.

Also, I still can't shake the abandoned truck in the mud missing its license plates. If I got my vehicle stuck in the mud my first inclination wouldn't be to remove the license plate. That just seems very odd to me.

JMO
No question for me as well, can't shake the missing tag, truck stuck from probably making a 3 point turn at end of ramp in dark of night, by the Prosser boat ramp, left in another vehicle and returned the next day to retrieve. This also could have been an area where KR became separated from her phone, as in someone took it from her and threw it into the water. Heartbreaking to think, but last known ping in this area, shoreline party (green star on runin530mtns post) discussed by FBI. Questioning the Owner of this vehicle would have to be of interest to LE. I would BOLO the description with stickers, color, model, make in case anyone knows the Owner.
AMOO

So was there a PC today? Did they just say they need tips?

Just received the call and text for Nevada County. This is the text

“The Nevada County Sheriff's Office is asking for your help to locate missing 16-year-old Kiely Rodni, a Caucasian female, 5'7", 118 lbs, blonde hair, hazel eyes. She was last seen near Prosser Campground in Truckee, CA at 12:30 am on Saturday August 6th. We are also looking for her vehicle, a Silver 2013 Honda CRV, CA license: 8YUR127, with factory utility bars on the roof. Those with other information are encouraged to call the anonymous tip line at (530) 581-6320 Option 7 or email Sheriff_tahoeinvesttips@placer.ca.gov

My daughter reminded me... Forest Charter has a couple of campuses. One of them in Truckee and the other campuses in Nevada City, Foresthill, and Auburn. So kids from there probably would have been coming up to this party and not have as much of the local knowledge that the Truckee kids have. I don't know how many kids local in Truckee attend Forest Charter. But that makes more sense with kids coming in from all over, some camping at Prosser, maybe others camping at other spots....

Ever since Covid, our town has been slammed with way more people...
I was curious yesterday and skimmed through their site to see if there was any communication network blasting this party out and found a student portal.

a bunch of teenagers and young adults, there has to mountains of pictures, videos, snaps from their devices. What teen do you know that is not taking selfies, pics and snaps and making videos that is their life. I'm sure if LE could get some cooperation there would be a little something. Hopefully they have some of the kids names and they can scour their SM to see if they can find a hint of anything.

There was an article posted in here not long ago and it said that LE is getting to a road block because of no one coming forth with info from the night of the party so I don't know if these kids realize it or not but they are legit gonna make this case go cold if they don't freaking speak up.

"The lack of useful new information on missing Truckee teen Kiely Rodni is hurting the investigation, according to law enforcement.

Kiely, 16, has been missing since the early morning of Aug. 6 when she was last seen, and her phone was still on at a party at Prosser Campground about 10 minutes from Truckee and 35 miles west of Reno.

"We are getting to the point where I don't know how to move forward without new information," said Nevada County Sheriff's Captain Sam Brown at public forum in Truckee Wednesday night. The video of the forum was shared on social media."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy