Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following this one but haven't really commented yet. I am torn between two possible theories, neither of which offers much hope of a happy outcome.

I do NOT believe that Kiely is willingly missing. I suspect she met with one of two fates:

tragic accident in her vehicle which hasn't been located because it is under water or deep in a ravine somewhere along the road hidden by brush.

or she met with foul play perpetrated by a fellow party attendee and her body and car have been well hidden somewhere far from the campground.

I hope both theories prove to be wrong. Beautiful and apparently smart young lady. I don't want either outcome to be the case. As a parent I can't imagine what hers are going through

Also it's pissing me off how silent the kids who were in attendance at that party are when it comes to this case. I find it hard to believe that not one person didn't see her leave when there were damn near 300 kids at that party and it BS that not one of them is speaking up to help this case and find this girl. A mom is missing her child. I get they might be afraid to speak up but come on. This is a human life and parents are suffering. It makes me so mad.

Also the teen-to-teen meeting to be held on 11/8 is cancelled. #FindKiely | Kiely Rodni | Truckee CA It could mean a couple of things, but my guess is there is no more interest and people who wanted came forward already(?) Does that mean the are going to use a different approach, like sending a message to everybody by phone.

What if there is legitimately no further information for anyone to bring up? If she had an accident on her way home, there is nothing anyone at the party could say that would help.

I'm sorry but I don't believe that no one saw anything. Either way you look at this if she left the party someone would have heard the car leaving and seen her leave, and if she had stayed back then someone has to know that she stayed back with someone. and honestly if she was drunk af like it's been said I don't believe she would have drove out there without making some sort of noise because I don't know that she would have made it perfectly out of there.

According to https://twitter.com/PlacerSheriff there's no presser scheduled (so far). All I've seen is a link they posted to yesterday's presser.

I guess there's not much to update right now. :(
I just saw this. It was posted 3 hrs ago. Edited to add that it says a press conference is scheduled for 2 pm.

Would trying to recreate her phone information be something they might possibly do? I've seen so may contradicting statements about what the 12:33am time means. Does it mean that the phone last pinged at that time? Does it mean she just turned the phone off or it died? Was there just no service? Or does it mean it was destroyed/submerged? I've also heard some say that if the phone was just off as in she turned it off or it died, it would continue to share location info. Is this true? I just thought if they could try to recreate it they might narrow down the location and what might've happened to the phone. If it was destroyed at 12:33am and Sami is telling the truth that she last saw Kiely at 12:25am, that would not give Kiely very long to get far away from the campground before something happened. I also remember Sami saying she could clearly hear the party in the background of the call from Kiely around 12:30am too so she was still there and wouldn't have gotten far.

Also it's pissing me off how silent the kids who were in attendance at that party are when it comes to this case. I find it hard to believe that not one person didn't see her leave when there were damn near 300 kids at that party and it BS that not one of them is speaking up to help this case and find this girl. A mom is missing her child. I get they might be afraid to speak up but come on. This is a human life and parents are suffering. It makes me so mad.
Her friends left the party before her. Maybe she didn’t know anyone else and she did an ‘Irish exit’.

Last edited:
Whether this is an accident or something more nefarious happened, the car has the answers... Find the car, find the girl!
If someone did take her, that vehicle will hang around them like an albatross - with so much media coverage, everyone is searching for it and if there was an accident, she is likely to be found inside or very near.

Very worried for this bright, beautiful young lady.

Last edited:
I just saw this. It was posted 3 hrs ago. Edited to add that it says a press conference is scheduled for 2 pm.

So it looks like there will be a press conference today at 2:00 PST.

JMO

No question for me as well, can't shake the missing tag, truck stuck from probably making a 3 point turn at end of ramp in dark of night, by the Prosser boat ramp, left in another vehicle and returned the next day to retrieve. This also could have been an area where KR became separated from her phone, as in someone took it from her and threw it into the water. Heartbreaking to think, but last known ping in this area, shoreline party (green star on runin530mtns post) discussed by FBI. Questioning the Owner of this vehicle would have to be of interest to LE. I would BOLO the description with stickers, color, model, make in case anyone knows the Owner.
AMOO
Bbm, jmo I think maybe they already know?

From what I understand of the WS forum rules, I can’t share the details and speculation that is going around locally, so this post is intentionally vague.

I can share my own theory of what happened, based on what we are hearing. So here is my own opinion, as of 1pm today.

1. The party invite was spread widely outside the area, including among students at Sierra College (where KR will be a freshman later this month).
2. Many adults attended and brought drugs which were openly offered to younger girls in attendance, leading to groups mixing and connecting in new ways.
3. KR got intoxicated, with more than alcohol, and made friends with new people outside her immediate social circle.
4. As tends to happen near the end of these outdoor parties, people started breaking off and going to after-parties indoors. KR either offered a ride to people going to an after-party (perhaps Sierra College students she wanted to get to know) or was convinced to stop by a party because it was on her way home.
5. At the after party, more substances were used and something tragic happened. This may have even been a genuine accident, and people may have left her, thinking she was asleep.
6. The missing CRV may be in a garage, where the tragedy occurred, or parked on one of many long driveways.

Context: This time of year, right before school starts, families with second homes head back to the Bay Area. Sometimes kids of driving age or college age will stay here longer, without their parents. Other times, kids know which homes are vacant and will have after parties there. Tahoe Donner is a massive development where this happens most often in the area, and it is on KR’s likely drive home, so that’s what I’d consider most likely.

A lot of other details about KR’s habits and interests are also going around which I didn’t think are appropriate to share, but contribute to why this is my current theory.

I'm sorry but I don't believe that no one saw anything. Either way you look at this if she left the party someone would have heard the car leaving and seen her leave, and if she had stayed back then someone has to know that she stayed back with someone. and honestly if she was drunk af like it's been said I don't believe she would have drove out there without making some sort of noise because I don't know that she would have made it perfectly out of there.
They're partying with loud music, no one is going to hear her car leave. Obviously we don't know if someone saw something but it's completely possible that everyone who knew her had left and she was not on anyone's radar. Remember this party turned larger than the high school kids anticipated with many different groups showing up who were not necessarily watching for anything or keeping an eye on other's safety. Also combine that with drugs/alcohol and there's a chance that truly no one saw anything else worth reporting.

I am furious over this.

I'm frustrated by the fact that in addition to these kids not speaking up, the interviews I have listened to with local parents and such are trying to explain away this behavior by saying they are scared kids and don't want it to be known they were there. I understand these parties happen BUT the kids were engaging in illegal activities and putting themselves in dangerous situations and something did happen! It doesn't matter how they feel at this point. What matters is doing the right thing and speaking up or sending info! I can't believe parents would actually enable and/or make excuses for their kids to act this way. How about some accountability for actions??

I was curious yesterday and skimmed through their site to see if there was any communication network blasting this party out and found a student portal.
I wonder if Kiely conducted her studies online, in person or by some combination. Her home is gorgeous and it sounds like Kiely has an extensive social life but could it have felt a bit isolated growing up essentially in the wilderness?

I'm not sure where I'm going with this as I don't believe she would willingly put her family through the nightmare of her disappearance. I guess I'm more wondering if her upbringing (and tender age) influenced her behavior, maybe by causing her to be a bit naïve and too trusting and at the same time wanting to exhibit more independence and maybe even some risk-taking.

Kiely's about to start college in a month or so; that's exciting and perhaps even stressful. Again, I don't think she ran away, just trying to see things from a 16-year-old perspective. I sure remember taking some chances and doing dumb things as a teen because I thought I knew it all <blushing>!

I'd sure like to know more about the older people attending that party.
All MOO.

I agree. The good news is a whole lot of kids have shared what they know with LE, it’s just not public. Unfortunately there are a number of conceivable reasons why anyone that may think they could be the reason she is missing is not talking. And with the current theory of something happening at an after party, some kids and their parents are expecting her to be found soon without more help needed. I hate that way of thinking, but I get it.

They're partying with loud music, no one is going to hear her car leave. Obviously we don't know if someone saw something but it's completely possible that everyone who knew her had left and she was not on anyone's radar. Remember this party turned larger than the high school kids anticipated with many different groups showing up who were not necessarily watching for anything or keeping an eye on other's safety. Also combine that with drugs/alcohol and there's a chance that truly no one saw anything else worth reporting.

I mean these are good points but at the same time her picture is all over the news. If this ends up being a foul play abduction case then I still find it hard to believe someone wouldn't have seen her with someone. And a lot of these kids made it home safe so it might be they were not too drunk af or that drugged up if they were able to make it home ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3