CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

She wasn't in the safety cell in the photo that I saw. They take people charged with murder, into court, wearing bulletproof vests, a lot of times. Maybe her suicide prevention vest is bulletproof? They want them to make it to trial.
Another thing I've wondered and haven't seen yet, did she have her seat belt on? Her airbags likely deployed too.
the photo of the safety cell attire is in court. they dont change you if you are going back to the safety cell after. i usaed to work at 2 county jails in california. never saw anyone wear a bulletproof vest to court either, but things could have changed.

idk how she survived that, but ot certainly is something.

Does anyone know the model? Perhaps stock photos can help (although would not necessarily rule out any after-market modifications).
I looked at stock photos most antennas are
the photo of the safety cell attire is in court. they dont change you if you are going back to the safety cell after. i usaed to work at 2 county jails in california. never saw anyone wear a bulletproof vest to court either, but things could have changed.

I've seen them wear bullet proof vests in some instances to the court house or during transport but not in a court. I agree with it being a suicide prevention garment. a vest looks different as well.

I think she was holding a phone stabilizer and had her left elbow resting on the door, probably with the window half open... this would explain the minor injuries on her left arm and none on the right.
And a "look what you are making me do" type of phone call going on... MOO JMO
To me, the accident was deliberate. Again, MOO JMO

MOO JMO

You have a point that it could be something else like an antenna since it remains in the same position. But, we're only seeing it over a one or two second span so it's hard to tell.

I looked at the video link at 2:27 and I'm not seeing an antenna. (Is it when the person recording quickly moves the phone to the right & there's a brief glance at something that could be an antenna on the back of the car? Not sure it is but that's the only antenna-like thing I see.) If you look in that same video at 2:54, there's another angle (somewhat blocked) and I don't see an antenna there either (but it could be hidden by other things). The stills I originally posted seem to show it on the driver side, near the driver's door from what I can tell.

So, I have no idea. I will be curious to learn more when LE or prosecutors release more info. I wonder if there are other photos or videos that give clearer views of the car?

MOO.

ETA: Zooming in on this photo, I don't see anything like an antenna. (But it's hard to see with the greenery behind the car.)

View attachment 359110

Photo from this article:

Websleuthers, what do you think?

Thank you for the video links, video info, enlarged photos, etc! I did see what appeared to be an antenna on a vehicle in the video Mamastill provided (Thank you, too @Mamastill). I haven't studied all cars involved but I assumed that could be Linton's car with the antenna. I'm going to go back and review these visuals... I keep thinking I will somehow grow thicker skin with each viewing... but that's not actually happening (it's always horrific) :(

Last edited:

I've seen them put them in bullet proof vests when the charge is this horrific. It's Cali so gun laws may stop someone seeking revenge.

It’s a suicide prevention smock or suicide prevention jumpsuit

Interesting. It’s illegal to have a license in more than one state.
I've never surrendered a d.l. I think I was looking at the wrong table upthread. It was probably her nursing license she had renewed, and I mistook it for a D.L. Her nurse license expired in Cali, but she renewed them earlier this year, Iirc.

I've seen them put them in bullet proof vests when the charge is this horrific. It's Cali so gun laws may stop someone seeking revenge.
I have typically seen a defendant in a bullet proof vest only when they are being transported outside where someone could get to them. Lots of places now have jails and courts linked so prisoners can be brought to the courtroom in totally controlled areas.

I've never surrendered a d.l. I think I was looking at the wrong table upthread. It was probably her nursing license she had renewed, and I mistook it for a D.L. Her nurse license expired in Cali, but she renewed them earlier this year, Iirc.

Her Hawaii and California nursing licenses were issued this year. Her Texas nursing license was issued in 2015. None of them expired, you are thinking of her temporary California nursing license that expired, which doesn’t even matter because she got her regular nursing license before the temporary one expired anyway.

I feel like I’m in the twilight zone in this thread lol

Attempting to post a screenshot (not doing so well). I can't figure out how to circle the antenna but I see it here.

View attachment 359145
Thanks for the photo. We just need that photo to be a little more clear or closer. On another thought, it is remarkable that her car is in that good of shape really. It absorbed the impact very well.

Do you have a pic of the entire car?
Wasn’t the object in question directly outside of the drivers window though? I could be wrong. I do see an antenna on the back of the car in some photos, but the phone/hand/whatever it is sticking outside of the drivers side window is a distinctly different location.

JMO

Attempting to post a screenshot (not doing so well). I can't figure out how to circle the antenna but I see it here.

View attachment 359145

I see what you are talking about but I am not convinced it's an antenna. I think it's possibly something else in the photo background. I say that partially because I don't see an antenna that far back on the car from the video when it was still moving. MOO.

Do you see it in the photo below?

View attachment 359149

No and that's a very clear photo. Based on the video, I would think an antenna would be about even with the divider between the front and back windows. I like your earlier suggestion and @cenazoic's too that it could have been some sort of selfie stick or stabilizer for the phone. I think you have both come up with the most plausible suggestion.

MOO.

View attachment 359152
I can't find an antenna anywhere... MOO JMO

Agreed. (Which is what I have thought all along.) MOO. Thanks for finding such a clear photo.

Wasn’t the object in question directly outside of the drivers window though? I could be wrong. I do see an antenna on the back of the car in some photos, but the phone/hand/whatever it is sticking outside of the drivers side window is a distinctly different location.

JMO

That's what I think too (in re: to the part I bolded).

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back