Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Necklaces shown in photo at press release today. Told searchers to be on look out for these as KR typically is wearing these 3 necklaces.
Little vent of frustration here but if they haven’t found a big silver suv yet I’m thinking it will be much more difficult to locate necklaces at this point.

View attachment 359148
If there was a struggle of any sort it's possible one of these tore off.

I don’t know- I just have a weird feeling. Especially because of the quote on the sweatshirt. How she was saying that she wanted to get ****ed up at the party. I really worry about a creep at the party seeing the sweatshirt plus her being intoxicated as an easy target. I just feel like there is no such thing as coincidences in a case like this.

From what I understand of the WS forum rules, I can’t share the details and speculation that is going around locally, so this post is intentionally vague.

I can share my own theory of what happened, based on what we are hearing. So here is my own opinion, as of 1pm today.

1. The party invite was spread widely outside the area, including among students at Sierra College (where KR will be a freshman later this month).
2. Many adults attended and brought drugs which were openly offered to younger girls in attendance, leading to groups mixing and connecting in new ways.
3. KR got intoxicated, with more than alcohol, and made friends with new people outside her immediate social circle.
4. As tends to happen near the end of these outdoor parties, people started breaking off and going to after-parties indoors. KR either offered a ride to people going to an after-party (perhaps Sierra College students she wanted to get to know) or was convinced to stop by a party because it was on her way home.
5. At the after party, more substances were used and something tragic happened. This may have even been a genuine accident, and people may have left her, thinking she was asleep.
6. The missing CRV may be in a garage, where the tragedy occurred, or parked on one of many long driveways.

Context: This time of year, right before school starts, families with second homes head back to the Bay Area. Sometimes kids of driving age or college age will stay here longer, without their parents. Other times, kids know which homes are vacant and will have after parties there. Tahoe Donner is a massive development where this happens most often in the area, and it is on KR’s likely drive home, so that’s what I’d consider most likely.

A lot of other details about KR’s habits and interests are also going around which I didn’t think are appropriate to share, but contribute to why this is my current theory.
Seems like a very plausible theory.

If she is found at a house, I'm sure they will check the router logs of the wifi router at that house, whether people used wifi with their phones or not, typically there is a handshake in which the phones' hardware "MAC" addresses are logged, and those MAC addresses are already logged into cell carriers data... so it may be fairly easy for law enforcement to figure out who might have been there with her.

Even neighboring houses that you can see when you search for available networks are usually recording handshakes with hardware MAC addresses.

Getting rid of a phone does nothing, because all this MAC address info has already been logged by the routers and the cell carriers.

You'd think anyone who was there would want to get in front of that.... if she was at a house party, others who were there know she was, and if they aren't coming forward, they are trying to hide from it.

Getting tracked down for it seems like it would be a lot worse than coming forward, assuming it was really an accident.

If she is found at a house, I'm sure they will check the router logs of the wifi router at that house, whether people used wifi with their phones or not, typically there is a handshake in which the phones' hardware "MAC" addresses are logged, and those MAC addresses are already logged into cell carriers data... so it may be fairly easy for law enforcement to figure out who might have been there with her.

Even neighboring houses that you can see when you search for available networks are usually recording handshakes with hardware MAC addresses.

Getting rid of a phone does nothing, because all this MAC address info has already been logged by the routers and the cell carriers.

You'd think anyone who was there would want to get in front of that.... if she was at a house party, others who were there know she was, and if they aren't coming forward, they are trying to hide from it.

Getting tracked down for it seems like it would be a lot worse than coming forward, assuming it was really an accident.
A lot of people would show up in that list that were not at the party. The campground was full and is right near by. The campground even noted the loud music from the party.

Popular YouTuber iCkEdMeL, who has been covering the teen’s disappearance says he received an email from a tipster who claimed his cousins were at the party near Prosser Family Campground last Friday.

During a phone call featured on a new episode, tipster Ronnie Jones, who called into the show, claims: “I have two cousins, they go to Sierra College, and they were going up to that party, they’d heard about.

“And they had some other friends going with them but they were around 27/28 years old, they’re older, there was a lot of older dudes there.

“And so I asked them if they knew her, and they said they saw her there and that she was just like, you know, laughing, going from group to group, talking, they didn’t make nothing of it.

But she was talking to I guess a bunch of people, she was just walking around talking to everybody. And they said at the party a lot of people were doing shrooms, cocaine, drinking and all that.

“And I was like yeah but that’s kind of normal around here though. I wasn’t really surprised about that.

“I asked them did you see anything weird going on, was anyone looking at her funny? But they were like ‘No, everyone was just chill, but everyone was kind of messed up, and so was she.

“I asked, well how drunk was she? And they said, well, she was stumbling around, she wasn’t walking around like, ‘Oh I’m tipsy, I’m cool’. She was pretty drunk. If she had been driving around she would have been swerving easily.“

Last edited:
A lot of people would show up in that list that were not at the party. The campground was full and is right near by. The campground even noted the loud music from the party.
I'm talking about if @truckeelife 's theory is correct and she left and went to separate house for an after party with just a few people after leaving the Prosser party....

Fascinating point. I bet most people wouldn’t know that. I certainly didn’t.

There’s also the issue of security and doorbell cams. They are all over, especially on second homes.

I’ll be watching if LE puts out any statements asking second homeowners to check on their properties and/or report unusual activity. It’s amazing how many homes sit vacant up here at any time—realtors claim it is more than 50%.

Fascinating point. I bet most people wouldn’t know that. I certainly didn’t.

There’s also the issue of security and doorbell cams. They are all over, especially on second homes.

I’ll be watching if LE puts out any statements asking second homeowners to check on their properties and/or report unusual activity. It’s amazing how many homes sit vacant up here at any time—realtors claim it is more than 50%.
Agreed, alot of nest cameras limit access to video after a certain time frame - like two weeks or one month (depending on which subscription you pay for), so it would be important to be asking for people to check cameras ASAP.

I don’t know- I just have a weird feeling. Especially because of the quote on the sweatshirt. How she was saying that she wanted to get ****ed up at the party. I really worry about a creep at the party seeing the sweatshirt plus her being intoxicated as an easy target. I just feel like there is no such thing as coincidences in a case like this.
Do you mind if I ask a favor?
I’ve seen the multiple references to her wanting to get ***ed up at the party but sonehow missed the source or link to the interview. Do you have it?
Thanks!

Popular YouTuber iCkEdMeL, who has been covering the teen’s disappearance says he received an email from a tipster who claimed his cousins were at the party near Prosser Family Campground last Friday.

During a phone call featured on a new episode, tipster Ronnie Jones, who called into the show, claims: “I have two cousins, they go to Sierra College, and they were going up to that party, they’d heard about.

“And they had some other friends going with them but they were around 27/28 years old, they’re older, there was a lot of older dudes there.

“And so I asked them if they knew her, and they said they saw her there and that she was just like, you know, laughing, going from group to group, talking, they didn’t make nothing of it.

But she was talking to I guess a bunch of people, she was just walking around talking to everybody. And they said at the party a lot of people were doing shrooms, cocaine, drinking and all that.

“And I was like yeah but that’s kind of normal around here though. I wasn’t really surprised about that.

“I asked them did you see anything weird going on, was anyone looking at her funny? But they were like ‘No, everyone was just chill, but everyone was kind of messed up, and so was she.

“I asked, well how drunk was she? And they said, well, she was stumbling around, she wasn’t walking around like, ‘Oh I’m tipsy, I’m cool’. She was pretty drunk. If she had been driving around she would have been swerving easily.“

That has some interesting info.

I'm talking about if @truckeelife 's theory is correct and she left and went to separate house for an after party with just a few people after leaving the Prosser party....
I'm starting to wonder if was not a house party she went to but rather another location. Perhaps one of the "older" party goers offered to drive her there in her car. Because the location was off the beaten trail and hard to find. The lack of street lights has to make the area hard to navigate at night, even if you are local.
JMO

I'm starting to wonder if was not a house party she went to but rather another location. Perhaps one of the "older" party goers offered to drive her there in her car. Because the location was off the beaten trail and hard to find.
JMO
yea that doesn’t happen much after these parties. Remember it gets down in the 40’s at night in the summer in Truckee. The normal move is to an after party.

Been following this one but haven't really commented yet. I am torn between two possible theories, neither of which offers much hope of a happy outcome.

I do NOT believe that Kiely is willingly missing. I suspect she met with one of two fates:

tragic accident in her vehicle which hasn't been located because it is under water or deep in a ravine somewhere along the road hidden by brush.

or she met with foul play perpetrated by a fellow party attendee and her body and car have been well hidden somewhere far from the campground.

I hope both theories prove to be wrong. Beautiful and apparently smart young lady. I don't want either outcome to be the case. As a parent I can't imagine what hers are going through

Ab.so.lute.ly, @tlcya. One or the other, and neither having a good outcome.
I wonder if one of the reasons details are not forthcoming from the attendees could be that many of them did not want their parents to know they were there, especially with things the way they are at this time. Dunno.

August 6 till today, August 11. Scary. Every day it gets tougher for those who know and love her, and for all of the LE groups trying to find her.
I'm so hoping we'll all be surprised with her being found alive and well, but ... SMH

Last edited:
A few opinions MOO

I am not buying into the nobody's talking because of alcohol and drugs. Party like this would have all types, I am sure not everyone was doing drugs out of the 100's there and others would come forward if they saw anything. I have more faith in the youth. It seams odd that she wasn't with friends that know more - could be that she graduated early, and may have asserted with a younger crowd that was not there. If she was a couple of years younger that most of the crowd, she may have not been well known by many.

I am concerned about the path back from the party. Roads aren't the best to her home (looks at goole maps). Its feasible to have run off the road and not be detected. Cars hide well in forests. Hopefully there would be enough searchers if this occurred. I would also be concerned that she decided to get gas, or a snack at convenience store (a usual plan for teenagers and party goers after midnight). It looks like the closest locations for either is Truckee. There is a huge amount of strangers she would have been exposed to there with I80.

It's not a bad idea to have some kind of tracker in cars. In cases like this, it would help eliminate where the car isn't at. A simple AirTag in the glove box would be detected if abducted and in populated area.

Second concern is she was abducted on the way home while leaving, making a stop for gas, or at a convenience store. If that was the case the CRV will be eventually located. If she headed to a convenience store or gas, there might not have been any on the 15mi trip home, making the search area larger.

Looks like a wonderful kid, I feel for the parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0