Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post here about this story, so I'm sure about 25 other people have asked the same thing, but does anyone think the car may have gone off the road and crashed in a ravine or valley, and isn't readily visible, with or without her or anyone else in it?

STOP POSTING ABOUT UNCONFIRMED INFORMATION.
That is not what Websleuths is about and it is a SERIOUS violation of the Terms of Service.
If you want to stay a part of this discussion, do not post info UNLESS IT IS FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT OR A MAINSTREAM MEDIA SOURCE.

Are we talking Reno or Las Vegas?

I'm seeing no copters or LE flight activity in northern Nevada.

Vegas has a LVPD copter up and another one in a slightly different area that could be either a traffic cam or maybe a news copter.

AUG 11

Family members said they spent hours Thursday, driving through Nevada and down I-80, following tips of a possible sightings of her silver Honda CRV.

None panned out.

AUG 11

Family members said they spent hours Thursday, driving through Nevada and down I-80, following tips of a possible sightings of her silver Honda CRV.

None panned out.

That is profoundly sad to hear about.
I am so sorry.

I did live in Tahoe, and we called it the Donner Pass. Yes, it’s a paved highway, but it can still be sketchy to navigate especially during harsh conditions. The western approach is easier, but it still can be a dangerous road. Especially for an impaired young driver at night.

The weather in the Donner Summit/Donner Pass area is extreme. The average annual snowfall is nearly 400 inches (10 meters). That’s 33 feet, about as tall as a three-story house. This is one of the snowiest places in the contiguous states. During winter storms wind gusts over 100 miles (160 kilometers) an hour are common. Blowing snow can reduce visibility to zero. Sub-zero (Fahrenheit) (-17.8 C) temperatures are not uncommon.
But it's summer.

One theory I haven’t heard yet, or maybe I just missed it….
Is it possible that this WAS an elaborate runaway scheme? The hoodie message? Telling mom she’d be home, the conflicting stories of whether she was spending the night or not….
Look at the woman in Canada who just spent a year creating an elaborate plan to stage her and her sons death so she could abduct him across the border and start a new life! Dawn Jansen I believe

<modsnip>
I mean no disrespect by this theory. Just a thought...

JMO

Edited to fix spelling!
!!

I'm sorry but I don't believe that no one saw anything. Either way you look at this if she left the party someone would have heard the car leaving and seen her leave, and if she had stayed back then someone has to know that she stayed back with someone. and honestly if she was drunk af like it's been said I don't believe she would have drove out there without making some sort of noise because I don't know that she would have made it perfectly out of there.
I'm not so sure. 250+ people, dark conditions, intoxication. Who is actually paying attention to any sort of detail? And if they did hear a car leave, why would they even be suspicious or look.

Just trying to think like an intoxicated teen...

I have followed many cases over the years.l if you find something on Twitter, and it all traces back to one tweet, it is most likely not true. If there is a break, it will be easy to tell by the sheer volume of people with information.

My quick thoughts are 50-50 between her car having gone off the road in some sort of ”under the influence” accident OR her having fallen victim to criminal activity. I am withholding off speculating on what my most interesting thoughts are because they are probably out of bounds according to WS TOS.

One thing I find very concerning is the fact that her friends who left before her with knowledge she was very intoxicated didn’t do something to insure she left too. My sons are 23 and 30 so I’m not that far off the high school/college parenting years. Both my boys were very social and both, by the time they were seniors in high school, partied a lot including under age alcohol and marijuana. and though they were in different type social groups in school (one a jock,mone in the band) both groups of kids always had a designated driver for every carload or they all slept over at where ever they were. The one time my jock son tried harder drugs he had a very bad reaction and scared his DD friend so badly that he called his own mom who then called us no we met them and took my son to the hospital. I lived in the suburbs of Detroit. Both my sisters who raised kids around the same ages in Jacksonville, Florida and Birmingham, Alabama had very similar experiences. I’m finding the lack of surprised outrage about this in the press kind of surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77