Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I just registered.

The time between when she was last seen (12:30am) and when she was reported missing (9am) is really looking like the difference here. I still can't get over the fact no amber alert has been issued.
"AMBER plans require law enforcement to confirm an abduction prior to issuing an alert."

Makes sense. Unfortunately, her group of people didn’t stick around. The girl she drove there soon left with her own boyfriend. The girl she was to drive home didn’t feel comfortable with Kiely’s condition and also left. Kiely might have been left to mix it up with potential new friends from a college she is about to attend.

jmo
I am disappointed that there weren't friends that dragged her home with them. I remember that always being he case when I was that age. I wonder if being home schooled - most "friends" were more acquaintances than friends.

Am I correct that there’s not only no proof that she was abducted, but no evidence that she might have been abducted?

That's my understanding and I even believe the police have said as much. It's just one of those things in the list of "well, Kiely is missing, her phone is missing, her car is missing," possibilities. Unfortunately for her, the circumstances of the night before leave a lot of room for bad things to happen.

Has LE said how far and wide the information about her car has been shared? It could be sitting on a side street in the bay area or anywhere distant and local LE doesn't know. If they don't it could be towed and be sitting in an impound lot and none the wiser. MOO MOO MOO

Has LE said how far and wide the information about her car has been shared? It could be sitting on a side street in the bay area or anywhere distant and local LE doesn't know. If they don't it could be towed and be sitting in an impound lot and none the wiser. MOO MOO MOO
I certainly have no way of knowing, but I would be surprised if there is not a BOLO on the car, out for all of California and Nevada, since this occurred so close to the state line. JMO

My take on “tipster Ronnie’s“ allegations have less to do with whether Kiely actually indulged, and more to do with college-age adults who came to the party with drugs and were looking to find young females to share with. It’s a scenario that puts a young, potentially impaired teen directly in contact with men who didn’t have her safety in mind. And it’s a warranted concern - Kiely is missing.

jmo
But there is no indication that KR is missing because of who was at the party. From the allegation itself, these guys are always at the parties because, and I quote, "Cocaine is expensive" and teens just don't have the money to purchase it. Your allegations that they are predatory are unfounded.

According to SS, these parties are quite normal ("I have been to a lot of them"). It was the number of people who attended (not the people who attended) that "overwhelmed" her. Not once, during the interviews that I saw, did SS bring up her concern about the age of the people who attended the party. It was always the amount of people who were there. To me, that tells me that SS, at a minimum, knew going into the party that adult-aged males were going to attend the party. Whether or not she informed KR about that is another topic.

I'm sorry if this has been explicitly covered, but I don't fully understand highway/license plate cameras. If her car had been used on any major freeway, it would have been photographed (with the license plates still on the vehicle) and entered into the system, right? So they'd know if it had at least been driven by?

As far as we know, there were no sightings or records of her car (after SS and Kiely charged their phones around 11:30). Wouldn't this mean that, if the plates weren't removed from the car, it never made it to any major roadway?

California authorities on Thursday activated the CodeRed Emergency Alert System and continue to search for missing Kiely Rodni, 16, who was last seen at a party in Tahoe National Forest over the weekend.
……
"We have about an 80% enrollment for Nevada County, so out of our 100,000 residents, that message should hit about 80,000 residents," Nevada County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Sam Brown said of the CodeRed alert during a Thursday afternoon press conference.
…….
We have other countries that are even asking and wanting to talk to the family, so there's support, I think because people feel like they could be even in this same situation themselves. We just want word out so that more eyes are out because we don't have an exact spot to look for, and that is unusual — especially with a large object like a car," Brown said.

But there is no indication that KR is missing because of who was at the party. From the allegation itself, these guys are always at the parties because, and I quote, "Cocaine is expensive" and teens just don't have the money to purchase it. Your allegations that they are predatory are unfounded.

According to SS, these parties are quite normal ("I have been to a lot of them"). It was the number of people who attended (not the people who attended) that "overwhelmed" her. Not once, during the interviews that I saw, did SS bring up her concern about the age of the people who attended the party. It was always the amount of people who were there. To me, that tells me that SS, at a minimum, knew going into the party that adult-aged males were going to attend the party. Whether or not she informed KR about that is another topic.

Hmmm isn't SS at least a couple of years older than Kiely? Either way this thinking on her part is problematic. Underage drinking with unsupervised adults who are also drinking in the very dark woods is a recipe for life long trauma.

This morning, my thoughts of what happened to Kiely have changed just very slightly from what they have been, pretty much since the beginning. I had always felt like Kiely had gotten very impaired at the party, and had an accident on the way home, made a wrong turn or lost control of her car somewhere, and is probably in water, and just has not yet been located.

As more information <modsnip> about the night of the party comes out, I am more inclined to believe that Kiely may have, in fact, met up with some older people who had harder drugs than perhaps she may have had experience with, and I fear she may have either driven, or been driven, to another location to continue to party, after leaving the Sanctuary. I believe there, it is very possible that she may have succumbed to a lethal mix of alcohol and drugs, and she was either left there, and someone drove her vehicle away to some other location, and neither she nor it has yet been found, or, she was placed in the car and driven somewhere that both she and the vehicle could be well hidden, in water most likley.

It seems very "duh, ya think", but I think finding her car is key to figuring out what happened, and to finding Kiely. JMO
i thought from the gate its one of these two. i still think its very likely she is in the water by misadventure. but OD and panicked dump in her car are becoming up a little more for me. i never thought she was abducted or trafficked. i dont think any sinister person murked her. but who knows.

To be clear, the allegations of what was happening at the party were not my own. They came from a source interviewed by The Sun. There is no evidence of an abduction, but LE is treating it as one. The last place Kiely was seen was at the party, and the focus has been on talking to people who attended.

SS most definitely expressed concerns about the age of party attendees, and the word “sketchy older guys“ was used. It’s been reported in multiple articles. Two examples:

“Within the only 10 minutes I was there, I literally had a group of five guys, try to come get me to take as many bong rips as I could forcefully, without my boyfriend present,” Magdalene Larson, Keily’s best friend, said.

“There was a lot of guys that did approach us,” Smith said. “Definitely, I was getting a gut feeling that during that party that something, something just didn’t feel right with the number of people that were there and how old some of these people were.”

“From the number of people who did show up, it was scary. It was really scary,” Smith recalled.

Kiely's best friend, Sami Smith, 18, was one of the last people to speak to the teen on the night she went missing and exclusively told The U.S. Sun that there were "sketchy, older guys" at the event.

As I remember correctly she told her friend that she was "going to become f...up" during this party.
What is the meaning and purpose of it?

What does it say about her state of mind?

I can understand some alcohol to loosen up and have a good time.

MOO
it means she was lookin to get ignorant... exactly how it sounds, unfortunately.

We don't have a firm indication on much of anything at this point.

IMO, though, your statement actually provides some motive.

What would be the reason that "guys are always at the parties" because "cocaine is expensive and teens just don't have the money to purchase it?"

Are they just good-hearted cocaine Santa Clauses? Why are they choosing to give expensive cocaine to teens who can't afford it? IMO there is likely a predatory motive to give young teens an addictive drug. If not for the nefarious purposes that we think, then maybe they are drug dealers looking for new customers.

I cannot imagine a scenario in which older guys who can afford to hand out coke and who descend upon a teen party are just being altruistic and magnanimous.

Last edited:
I'm more than five but less than ten years older than Kiely and I hear people say that casually pretty often. I know I've used those exact words even when I actually wasn't planning on getting all that f'd up at all, lol. I also have a 17 year old brother and a sister between our ages and that goes for them and their friend groups too. Of course I have no idea what Kiely may or may not have been going through but personally I wouldn't read much into it based on that particular choice of words alone.
i have sons who are 24 and 21 and they mean exactly that.. lol

Agreed.

The more I see people blame the outsiders and those adults that showed up, the more I worry people could be missing that if she was hurt by someone, it could have very well been someone she knew, from town, personally.

The party was a party they had in the past for past graduating classes. So who is to say some of these young adults that showed up, were not older siblings returning to party with their newly graduated sibling and brought home some friends from college? SS probably knew that and it had probably happened in the past.

Sadly I am coming to a conclusion similar to this. I have been too busy with work, I have not reached out my social network aside through my daughter to see if I can gather any more information. From the pressers, I see some good friends right next the LE reporting on the daily events.... although I doubt they can tell me anything....

Either way, I have a similar feeling that something very bad happened and there is definitely a small group of people (non-local or perhaps local) that know something. In my convo with the FBI, that was the same feeling I got.

This community is used to some great highs (one of my daughter's former soccer teammates competed in her first Winter Olympics this past Feb)... but then there are some lows (from the same soccer team another dying less than a month later Obituary: Ella Carr). Our family literally just had a get together with the former soccer team and parents this past Sun to celebrate Ella's life.

Anyhow, this just makes me sad. I am still hopeful, but I am beginning to lose faith....
@truckeelife @Runin530mtns being a former resident in a Colorado ski town and with many properties second homes, vacation rentals, etc.. and vacant more so during the summer months than the winter due to skiing/snowmobiling from Squaw to Kirkwood, many with keycode entry, and possible theory of after party location in a vacant home (or not) post Prosser. Do you know if LE are urging local real estate/property management companies/homeowners to do a check on their properties? I saw a recent post there may be 6,500 properties. AMOO

I am disappointed that there weren't friends that dragged her home with them. I remember that always being he case when I was that age. I wonder if being home schooled - most "friends" were more acquaintances than friends.
Do you have proof that she was home-schooled? According to this, she graduated from Forest Charter School.

Kiely graduated in June from Forest Charter School, a public school in Truckee of about 700 students. An honors student, she graduated early after skipping a grade and plans to study music in the fall at Sierra College.

I'm sorry if this has been explicitly covered, but I don't fully understand highway/license plate cameras. If her car had been used on any major freeway, it would have been photographed (with the license plates still on the vehicle) and entered into the system, right? So they'd know if it had at least been driven by?

As far as we know, there were no sightings or records of her car (after SS and Kiely charged their phones around 11:30). Wouldn't this mean that, if the plates weren't removed from the car, it never made it to any major roadway?
I don't think that California has a lot of lic plate cameras, other that toll cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam