Anything New?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleuthin4fun

Reaction score
Have not been on lately. Seems that there is nothing new.:(

Have not been on lately. Seems that there is nothing new.:(
My thoughts too sleuthin4fun, I havent been posting much as there is nothing more to tell. Just praying we hear something about Madelaine soon.

No news isn't good news in this case.

I hope the truth comes out.

Nothing new....in fact, Gerry said:

"Everything that we could have done personally, I think we have done. We've got an infrastructure and support system behind us now.

"And to be honest, unless Madeleine is found we're not expecting any developments in the near future."

(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/7072531.stm)

Well I guess that is than then....I can get back to my "real" life now.

:rolleyes:

Nothing says "give up" more than what Gerry said. If they really believe Madeleine is alive, these are odd words.

:razz: I'm furious!:razz: What a thing to say, after the investigator with the greatest reputation in Spain has said he will find Maddie in 5 months, or before the contract is up.

What the heck! Stupid man!:banghead: Stupid man!:banghead: Stupid man!:banghead:

Salem

I'm impressed that Gerry said the family wants to get back to some kind of normalcy.

Gerry has mentioned (and I think Kate as well?) that they have been receiving counseling services. It is odd that he keeps talking about "normalcy" because one of the things that counselors emphasize is that things are never going to feel "normal" again. Worth living and rewarding, but the same "normal" is something therapists make clear is not going to happen. I have some experience with this from work with at-risk students. It is certainly something that counselors work on from day one with their clients.

So why does Gerry insist that it is possible at all?

Is it arrogance or naivety? I would love to know what he means by "some" normalcy. Does he mean press only when he wants them there? Or no press at all?

I'm impressed that Gerry said the family wants to get back to some kind of normalcy.

Gerry has mentioned (and I think Kate as well?) that they have been receiving counseling services. It is odd that he keeps talking about "normalcy" because one of the things that counselors emphasize is that things are never going to feel "normal" again. Worth living and rewarding, but the same "normal" is something therapists make clear is not going to happen. I have some experience with this from work with at-risk students. It is certainly something that counselors work on from day one with their clients.

Is it arrogance or naivety? I would love to know what he means by "some" normalcy. Does he mean press only when he wants them there? Or no press at all?

Texana with all due respect you really have no idea what the counsellors are telling Kate and Gerry, having "some experience" does not equal actually being a counsellor and even if it did, you don't know what K and G's particular counsellors are saying to them.

I would imagine by "normalcy" he might mean stop being hounded by the press, returning to work, rebuilding their lives and picking up the pieces and trying to move on.
What else can they do?
And why is that so hard to understand?

As a grandmother of an at risk student who is in Community in Schools and working with a counselor, I'd like to say thanks for your work. Kate and Gerry sure seem determined to live their lives on some type of schedule or something to live their lives in some exact way that has the most benefits to them in any given circumstance.

Texana with all due respect you really have no idea what the counsellors are telling Kate and Gerry, having "some experience" does not equal actually being a counsellor and even if it did, you don't know what K and G's particular counsellors are saying to them.

With the same due respect, you have no idea the extent of Texana's "some experience"
I would imagine by "normalcy" he might mean stop being hounded by the press, returning to work, rebuilding their lives and picking up the pieces and trying to move on.
What else can they do?
And why is that so hard to understand?
How would counseling stop the press? Which, by the way they instigated.

Gerry is not so depressed he can't function, so returning to work simply means it's time to pay the bills, imo. Kate too seems to function rather fine, too.

If they are actaully recieving grief counseling I think arrogance is the answer.

This is depressing. Madeleine's parents seem to feel able to move on with their lives without their oldest daughter, but for the life of me I don't see how they will ever be "normal" again. It makes me feel as if strangers care more about her than they do.

:razz: I'm furious!:razz: What a thing to say, after the investigator with the greatest reputation in Spain has said he will find Maddie in 5 months, or before the contract is up.

What the heck! Stupid man!:banghead: Stupid man!:banghead: Stupid man!:banghead:

Salem

ITA with you, Salem. Maybe Gerry says things of this nature because HE KNOWS Maddie isn't coming home or going to be found. JMHO

Oh yes. Despite all their posturing and fake tears, the McCanns seemed to have written off Madeleine within the first month of her disappearance. Of course, if they harmed her, that would be completely natural. She's gone- isn't coming back- let's get on with our lives!

With the same due respect, you have no idea the extent of Texana's "some experience"

How would counseling stop the press? Which, by the way they instigated.

Gerry is not so depressed he can't function, so returning to work simply means it's time to pay the bills, imo. Kate too seems to function rather fine, too.

If they are actaully recieving grief counseling I think arrogance is the answer.

Texana herself said she wasn't a counsellor, so yes I do have an idea, she is not qualified as such.

The bills won't pay themselves I suppose.

They will both have to go back to work eventually, if Gerry didn't go back to work he would be accused of living off Maddies fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158