Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good catch. Let's point out a couple other things:
1. The pants and shoes look like what she was wearing in the 6 pm store surveillance video
2. The friend has insisted that she changed pants before the party and that she was wearing black Vans? but look at the store surveillance photo - doesn't it look like she's wearing white shoes and pants like this?
The inconsistencies do start to seem weird. and in the one video the friend says she was single - so what's up with this "boyfriend"?

so much contradiction and one starts to go "hmmm"

Not sure if it means anything but my young adults often leave the house wearing one thing and coming home wearing something different. Including hoodies late at night since it chills down. I can't count how often I've washed clothes that aren't ours. They often carry a backpack with clothes or my dd's car looks like she's homeless. haha My kids work 2 jobs, go to school full time (when school is in session) so they are often changing clothes for work or social life fun.

Honestly, my feeling is at this age (once they start driving), they get that newfound freedom, plans change often and they carry stuff (or borrow things from friends) if not prepared.

ETA: I've noticed especially with the girls, it's more often and they take infinite amount of pics and selfies so changing clothes is normal. I know my dd has changed outfits to match her friends or look a certain way when they take pics.

I have ZERO doubt there is a lot more info out there based on evidence from social media (once they get their hands on it, if they haven't already).

Perhaps...but kids like second hand stores, and one of my teens was into music at a young age. I don't think we can assume too much either way about the hoodies. If the "Odd Future" one does belong to Kiely, she may have simply thought the phrase was cool.
I know I’m stereotyping but I bet that Kiely knew exactly who Odd Future were. They were skaters from LA who made rap music and merchandised, including skateboard decks and other gear. What‘s big in skateboard culture? Dickies, Vans,hoodies and graphics.

I know I’m stereotyping but I bet that Kiely knew exactly who Odd Future were. They were skaters from LA who made rap music and merchandised, including skateboard decks and other gear. What‘s big in skateboard culture? Dickies, Vans,hoodies and graphics.
yea i have speculated she was in that culture early on. especially the cctv pic of her.

Yes post #412
OT, but a tip for all members .. please always link to the actual post because when Mods remove any posts, that changes the post #. It's not a huge deal if only 1 or 2 posts have been removed, but if Mods have had to do a major cleanup, the numbers can change significantly.

Instructions on how to link to an old post

I agree and I've been thinking about the text to mom to extend her curfew. If I'm not mistaken, she said she'd be leaving in about 45 minutes, which would put her home approx. 13+ minutes late.

But I just found it curious that she would text her mom an hour before her curfew and say she was leaving in 45 minutes. Personally, when I'm running late, or if my kids are, I'm/they're more likely to reach out closer to the original agreed-upon time. And then to say it will be 15 minutes later than originally planned.

In other words, when she texted her mom, she still had time to get home by curfew. How did she know she'd be late? She didn't just ask for an extra hour past her curfew or something. It just seemed oddly early (prior to her knowing/realizing she was going to be unavoidably late) and specific to me.

So, to me, it would seem to indicate (assuming she's the one texting) that she planned to do something else that was upcoming and/or going to take a specific amount of time. Something that came to mind was giving someone a ride home or, as has been suggested, going to a second location before going home.

I'm just wondering if she made plans to do something with some other person/persons at that point in the party, and then things went wrong.

This is all MOO, and I'm just thinking out loud...
Good points, @Traymar. The other info we have is that she made the call after she had spent time in her vehicle starting around 11:00 pm with SS and possibly some other people, (unknown & unconfirmed). They were allegedly in the car charging phones, probably drinking, and possibly ingesting some type of drug.
It seems her mom trusts her and trusts her judgement. She seems to be a responsible young woman. Perhaps when they got out of the car KR said to herself, “Oh, crap, I’m really shi**faced. I need to sober up a bit before I head home.” At that point she texted her mom asking for a curfew extension?
Sometimes alcohol hits you right away and other times it creeps up on you. It depends if you’re drinking on an empty stomach, your body mass, and what your individual tolerance is among other things.

I think they want to see every angle to ID people that haven’t come forward and were seen taking video
And likely the videos and images out there may show who was and was not at the party at certain times?

I'm still getting up to speed on everyone possibly connected to her, and with the young people drinking and possibly using drugs, it seems video would be useful to help corroborate statements in case their memories were unclear.

Normally, I follow the saying "People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing" and wonder why these kids/young adults aren't being more forth coming (according to reports).

It's no wonder so many are lead to assume:
A) something bad happened and they are covering it up or
B) even if they truly don't know or have any info, they don't believe or trust LE telling them they won't get in trouble for breaking the law (drinking, drugs, etc)

It's just mind boggling and strange (and highly unlikely) that with so many people reportedly at this party, that nobody saw anything. I think that's the thing most of us cannot wrap our heads around and causes us to wonder WHAT really happened.

Not to say it's easier when you know how somebody disappeared but these cases where somebody supposedly just disappears without a trace are just so odd.

Speculation by me: I get the sense she could have asked her mom straight up to come and get her if she needed a ride. She has body mods, she is out late at a party, she graduated early, etc. I'm not getting the "Oh crap, mom is going to be SO mad!" vibe here.... Which worries me more....

Someone a bit back posted a video about how to get out of a car going underwater. It relied heavily on having one of those hammers to break the glass, as I recall.

Which is bit much to ask if you are drunk and it's pitch black and you are a bit stunned and taking extra time to process that your car is going underwater,

But I agree, it sounds like that car probably had a bunch of loose stuff in it, like cans/bottles of alcoholic beverages, a couple of sweatshirts, maybe some plastic containers with creme brulee.
I just had all kinds of bells going off re: creme brulee... Who was she making creme brulee with? I don't have that cross reference, but you saying "plastic containers with creme brulee" threw my brain into "Of course!!"
SS said they were going back to Kiely's car to get alcohol....they were doing shots...
It occurred to me to Google "creme brulee jello shots" - BINGO!!
Jello & pudding shots are popular party fare!
One way to transport alcohol without being obvious....and who cares if they melt some??

Speculation by me: I get the sense she could have asked her mom straight up to come and get her if she needed a ride. She has body mods, she is out late at a party, she graduated early, etc. I'm not getting the "Oh crap, mom is going to be SO mad!" vibe here.... Which worries me more....
Yes, getting tattoos and piercings at age 16 would be technically illegal, and she was also allowed to attend the party.....so maybe her parents are reasonably relaxed about these things...?

MOO.

ofc! i am just impatiently waiting for an answer. i hope is sooner than later.
It's frustrating, right? It seems like so many cases begin to feel hopeless around the 10 day mark. Often that's the time searches begin tapering off and without new leads or a break in the case LE desperately needs some sort of new direction.

I'm pretty sure LE, including the FBI are conducting a dual investigation, meaning they're looking at possible accidents but also possible foul play, and probably even the possibility that Kiely ran away.

So many hours invested and no Kiely... :(

n
I just had all kinds of bells going off re: creme brulee... Who was she making creme brulee with? I don't have that cross reference, but you saying "plastic containers with creme brulee" threw my brain into "Of course!!"
SS said they were going back to Kiely's car to get alcohol....they were doing shots...
It occurred to me to Google "creme brulee jello shots" - BINGO!!
Jello & pudding shots are popular party fare!
One way to transport alcohol without being obvious....and who cares if they melt some??
That was Kate, who was interviewed with Jagger. But creme brulee is like a custard, not jello. Do people use it in the same manner these days as jello shots? Hmm.

Theory: KR participated in what SS describes as a “friendly bout with boxing gloves”. But maybe, just maybe it wasn’t. Maybe she was attacked and a fight happened and she was injured badly and passed away. Panic ensues and a mass exodus from the party along with a cover up. Just an idea but it might explain a few things.
"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

How about dozens of people?

There's absolutely zero chance of that occurring IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici