TN - Karen Swift, 44, murdered, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 *husband charged in 2022* #4

So, if he was leaving his new divorce lawyers office, he must be divorcing his new wife… Wondering if maybe she has shared some information that she became aware of?

I never thought this day would come honestly!! Soooo thankful to see the arrest. I feel so much for her children and especially her mom. The older boys refused to speak to their grandma after the murder. She deserves justice and the daughters deserve to live in a safe environment!

Last edited:

David Swift pleads not guilty in wife’s 2011 death​

— A man charged with murder more than a decade after his wife’s death in 2011 entered a plea of not guilty in a West Tennessee court Wednesday.

David Swift was appointed a public defender because he could not afford an attorney, the Dyer County district attorney said. A bond has not been set, and the next court date was set for Oct. 4.

It has almost been 11 years now. I am so glad it is finally happening, but I do wonder what finally spurred this arrest! New divorce?? Maybe soon to be ex-wife has info??

The girls have grown up without their mother. I cannot wait to see justice prevail! The older boys have always been so quiet. I can't imagine how they must be feeling now.

@Joe Friday Did you catch this update?!

Last edited:

'I had kind of given up' | Longtime friend of Karen Swift weighs in after husband's arrest in cold case murder​

David Swift was extradited back to Dyer County Tuesday after appearing in an Alabama court, where he waived his rights to an extradition hearing.

"Still a little bit in shock. I had kind of given up," Janet Ross said.
Even though Karen Swift died in 2011, Ross still remembers her friend's personality vividly and fondly.
"She was just the kind of friend you would want to have. She was a lot of fun. She was witty. She was kind," Ross added.

"We are glad that maybe justice is being served, but this is very traumatic for their children," Ross said. "They lost their mother 11 years ago and now it looks like they could be losing their Dad - and so this is not, this is not really a happy day."

I love when LE never gives up! I wonder if they found anything in the search of their former home in February?? This creep is remarried. Who would marry him?
The same women who marry men that get sentenced to prison for murder. Some women are attracted to men who paint portraits of themselves as victims or widowers. It's eerie.

I remember a PI doing some work pro bono. Do you mind providing a synopsis of her conclusions? TIA
It's been a while since I listened to the various podcasts. The bottom line was that was other suspicious activity going on before and after she disappeared. For example, the surveillance video of the party she attended disappeared. There were other goings on but I would have to go back to the podcasts for more.

I suppose it is possible that during the software update that Threads,1, 2, and 3 are missing and no longer available. If we had a media thread for Karen's case, it's gone, too.

I remember a PI doing some work pro bono. Do you mind providing a synopsis of her conclusions? TIA

There was a PI that tried to tie a very prominent family to her murder. Stating that she was having an affair with someone in the community and that they killed her and covered it up. They didn't provide any concrete evidence that made me honestly believe their theory. They wanted to go against the common grain that the husband was responsible. I am very, very interested in seeing the evidence that the grand jury has used to indict David!

There was a PI that tried to tie a very prominent family to her murder. Stating that she was having an affair with someone in the community and that they killed her and covered it up. They didn't provide any concrete evidence that made me honestly believe their theory. They wanted to go against the common grain that the husband was responsible. I am very, very interested in seeing the evidence that the grand jury has used to indict David!

Likewise, I am eager to read the Probable Cause Indictment.

TY, cocomod. Now, I can recall more details of the PIs work against the couple who owned several McDonald's Restaurants. I think Karen was a pretty, kind and likeable person who enjoyed a select group of friends whom she trusted.

Over and over again, it's proven that a wife is in the most danger when she attempts to leave the marriage.

Reports in the Dyersburg State Gazette that Karen’s husband has been arrested and charged with murder in this case. For some reason, I can’t get the link to work from my phone. Also reported on fb under Tennessee River Valley News
It was also reported that he was assigned a public defender. Apparently, he no longer has his high powered attorney, Farese? Another point of interest was that he was arrested after leaving his current divorce attorney's office in Alabama. I didn't know he had remarried, but if there's an ensuing divorce, that is very interesting timing (divorce/arrest).

It was also reported that he was assigned a public defender. Apparently, he no longer has his high powered attorney, Farese? Another point of interest was that he was arrested after leaving his current divorce attorney's office in Alabama. I didn't know he had remarried, but if there's an ensuing divorce, that is very interesting timing (divorce/arrest).

I too think the timing is interesting. However, it is my understanding that the sheriff submitted a report to the DA a couple of years ago and the DA didn’t file until now. I need to go and find the article that said the sheriff requested a gram jury. I hope I am not thinking of a different case.

I too think the timing is interesting. However, it is my understanding that the sheriff submitted a report to the DA a couple of years ago and the DA didn’t file until now. I need to go and find the article that said the sheriff requested a gram jury. I hope I am not thinking of a different case.
You may be right; however, I don't know that the sheriff ever requested a grand jury. My guess (only a guess) is that someone has "talked". I do feel very badly for the kids. It's a terrible situation regardless.

You may be right; however, I don't know that the sheriff ever requested a grand jury. My guess (only a guess) is that someone has "talked". I do feel very badly for the kids. It's a terrible situation regardless.

This is where I read that information. I too wonder if additional information has come since then, but it was submitted to the DA in 2019...

In October of 2019, the Dyer County Sheriff’s Office concluded their investigation and turned evidence over to District Attorney General Danny Goodman’s office. The district attorney’s office reviewed the information and presented it to the grand jury on Monday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back