CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

Well, 13 crashes would seem to indicate a not very good driving record whether or not they were her fault. There only ever seem to be two that are highlighted and they are characterized as not her fault-she was rear-ended, although the verbiage suggests that although “technically” not her fault, they were, in reality, caused by her.

Very strange, since she doesn’t have a “driving” job, such as local sales. I don’t know many people with 13 wrecks to their name.

Sadly, what appears to be happening now is simply parties jockeying for position in the upcoming trial, on top of the usual media sensationalism.

Hopefully, the “truth will out”, but I’m not holding my breath.
I could easily see that many happening in Houston if it included parking lot bumps and cracked/broken windshields. She’s worked in some of the largest cities in the US with some of the worst driving.
JMO

Last edited:
"KP, where Linton was working, blamed AMN"

Huh??

Anyways... so even though she wasn't legally at fault for one of those rear ending accidents, she still was just sitting idle at a green light. Some sort of distraction... imo
From the above article: Linton, who was working at Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Medical Center, had been sent there by AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is a travel nursing company that sends skilled contractors to where their services are most required.

BBM

From the above article: Linton, who was working at Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Medical Center, had been sent there by AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is a travel nursing company that sends skilled contractors to where their services are most required.

BBM

Sorry, my confusion was over the word "blamed". Blame the company for her crash? Why? They don't elaborate on what they mean by "blame" or why. Maybe I missed something.

Imo

“Defense attorneys have disclosed even more information(…)"

“Linton has hurt herself more than once”
“Jumping on Police Cars to jumping out of apartment windows”
“Appear to be increasing in severity”

Sorry, my confusion was over the word "blamed". Blame the company for her crash? Why? They don't elaborate on what they mean by "blame" or why. Maybe I missed something.

Imo
I think it was just KP making it clear that she wasn’t their employee. That it was AMN who hired her and placed her at the different locations. There’s been a lot of questions about how she was able to maintain her job and how was she screened with the mental health issues she supposedly has. KP wants to stay out of this and is saying to go ask AMN about that.

I think it was just KP making it clear that she wasn’t their employee. That it was AMN who hired her and placed her at the different locations. There’s been a lot of questions about how she was able to maintain her job and how was she screened with the mental health issues she supposedly has. KP wants to stay out of this and is saying to go ask AMN about that.
Yeah, I figured it was more like - redirected inquiries, distanced themselves, averted, etc etc. "Blamed" is just a strange and accusatory word to use and then not expand on :confused:

‘I hope she feels every pain’: Family of victim killed by intensive care unit nurse in accident didn’t know she was dead for days because her body was unrecognizable''​

''It took family members of one of the victims of the fiery high-speed crash that killed six people days to identify her body because she was so disfigured, reports show.

Nathesia Lewis, 42, was traveling with a friend, Lynette Noble, 38, when a traveling nurse, Nicole Linton, reportedly crashed into her car at 90mph at a busy Los Angeles intersection. Lewis’ injuries were so severe that DNA had to be used to identify them.''

''Me and my family, we followed the news like everyone else,” Jasmond Nelson, Lewis’ sister, told KABC-TV. “We prayed for the children, for the pregnant woman, for her family, but unbeknownst to us, my sister and our family were also victims.”

“The defense indicates [Linton] has been subject to involuntary commitments on several occasions and has hurt herself more than once.”

Driver's mental health was deteriorating before L.A. crash that killed 5, prosecutors say

" “All things considered, she’s trying to keep her chin up and is anxiously awaiting further resolution in court,” Dhanidina told The Times outside the courtroom."

This is sad. I wonder if this is a Teleka Patrick type situation.

There are problems in a nurse’s life. Fatigue? Working night shift?

While is is not an exculpatory fact, because tired people should know better than driving, as long as she was not an impaired driver, and was not on the phone, fatigue is reason Nr 3 coming to mind.

Fatigue has been factored in, and rules set, for pilots, in air industry. To avoid distraction and poor decision-making. Fatigue has not been spoken about enough in drivers. It might be a very serious issue, and something to study extensively.
I'd agree with you that fatigue was likely if it wasn't for the fact that this woman has been in 13 crashes.

There's a picture on her fb of presumably the two of them on a boat together. But it's taken from behind.. it has a RIP message to him. I don't know if there's other photos.
One of the media articles about her upthread says she had connections with a lot of athletes - I believe while she was a cocktail waitress at a strip club.
If she did know him, who knows... could have been anything from a 1 day yacht fling that she got delusional about, to a full fledged relationship.

All jmo
I saw that shot. I think it was of a random couple doing the Titanic thing. Aren't they standing on the bow, holding each other? If that was them, I do not believe she'd have not posted photos of herself, with him. If she was to the point of saying they were to be married, she'd very likely have shown an engagement shot, or a shot with them together, and facing the lens. Think about if someone you were to marry, died in a terrible motorcycle crash, and the media mentions a fiancé, nowhere.

I saw that shot. I think it was of a random couple doing the Titanic thing. Aren't they standing on the bow, holding each other? If that was them, I do not believe she'd have not posted photos of herself, with him. If she was to the point of saying they were to be married, she'd very likely have shown an engagement shot, or a shot with them together, and facing the lens. Think about if someone you were to marry, died in a terrible motorcycle crash, and the media mentions a fiancé, nowhere.
Yep that's the one! Even if it is them, I'm more inclined to believe it was just a fling, maybe even a one day adventure of sorts, and their "engagement" or whatever could have been NL being delulu. I really don't think it was as deep as she thinks, if there was even anything at all. JMO

Yep that's the one! Even if it is them, I'm more inclined to believe it was just a fling, maybe even a one day adventure of sorts, and their "engagement" or whatever could have been NL being delulu. I really don't think it was as deep as she thinks, if there was even anything at all. JMO
I definitely think it wasn’t deep either for him at least. I do think they had some sort of relationship. It makes me sad honestly. She was maybe played or maybe just thought he would change or whatever.

There are problems in a nurse’s life. Fatigue? Working night shift?

While is is not an exculpatory fact, because tired people should know better than driving, as long as she was not an impaired driver, and was not on the phone, fatigue is reason Nr 3 coming to mind.

Fatigue has been factored in, and rules set, for pilots, in air industry. To avoid distraction and poor decision-making. Fatigue has not been spoken about enough in drivers. It might be a very serious issue, and something to study extensively.

I think fatigue may have played a factor. Interesting study, and covers more than the driving.

The Relationship between Nurse Work Schedules, Sleep Duration, and Drowsy Driving

AT LEAST 100,000 AUTOMOBILE CRASHES, 40,000 INJURIES, AND 1550 FATALITIES EACH YEAR ARE ATTRIBUTABLE TO FALLING ASLEEP BEHIND THE WHEEL.1 These fatigue-related crashes tend to be serious, occur at high speeds, and usually involve only a single vehicle.1,2 The driver is usually alone and is less likely than an alert driver to take action to avoid a crash.1,3 Although drowsy driving more than quadruples the risk of a crash or near-crash,4 drowsy driving is quite common.

I did a bit of looking around, and posted it upthread, but it just didn't make sense. Like you, I do believe she may have met him, or saw him somewhere, and said to herself, That's the man I'm going to marry, and developed a relationship of sorts in her mind, or through commenting on his social media, and him just responding.

Here is a pretty interesting study. Idk what was going on with her but...

The study of one-sided mediated interactions, commonly known as parasocial interactions, have generated significant investigations which have examined both mediated relationships through television, the Internet, other media, and the discontinuation of these relationships (also known as parasocial breakups). These studies have specifically identified certain trends in which respondents have tended to form strong emotional connections with subject(s) within narrative fictional depictions. This study examines the relationship between parasocial breakup and the dissolution of a viewer following the end of primetime series, How I Met Your Mother.

Breaking up is hard to do.

And there's this one that is also interesting. I haven't completely finished reading them both but thought I'd go ahead and add them, in case anyone was interested.
AT LEAST 100,000 AUTOMOBILE CRASHES, 40,000 INJURIES, AND 1550 FATALITIES EACH YEAR ARE ATTRIBUTABLE TO FALLING ASLEEP BEHIND THE WHEEL.1 These fatigue-related crashes tend to be serious, occur at high speeds, and usually involve only a single vehicle.1,2 The driver is usually alone and is less likely than an alert driver to take action to avoid a crash.1,3 Although drowsy driving more than quadruples the risk of a crash or near-crash,4 drowsy driving is quite common.

Recent studies have shown that extended shifts worked by hospital staff nurses are associated with significantly higher risk of errors, yet little information is available about the ability to remain alert during the nurses' commutes following the completion of an extended work shift. The purpose of this study is to describe the prevalence of drowsy driving episodes and the relationship between drowsy driving and nurse work hours, alertness on duty, working at night, and sleep duration.
The Relationship between Nurse Work Schedules, Sleep Duration, and Drowsy Driving

I will just say this, a drowsy driver is as bad as a drunk driver. I've demanded to either be let out, or have them let me drive, thankfully they chose that I could drive.

I hate to say this, but honestly, nurses (and doctors) are just humans and many are flawed. I also used to think anyone who can get through that much rigor and training must have themselves together. The facade is gone. Facts are that there are many nurses, doctors, and other medical professions who drive drunk, are found guilty of crimes (even murder), and do things that tend to shock the public. It's very sad.

This is very true.

“The defense indicates [Linton] has been subject to involuntary commitments on several occasions and has hurt herself more than once.”

Driver's mental health was deteriorating before L.A. crash that killed 5, prosecutors say

" “All things considered, she’s trying to keep her chin up and is anxiously awaiting further resolution in court,” Dhanidina told The Times outside the courtroom."
What kind of defense attorney violates the privacy rights of its client with these type statements? I don't believe it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back