Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sami said they were "trading drinks" "sharing drinks' this doesn't mean necessarily drinking out of the same.container... for example I have a case of white claw you have a case of Mike's lemonade...we are trading on and off with what we are drinking...hence sharing the drinks each other brought but not necessarily drinking from the same container
I’ll bet ya a nickel straws were used. It works quicker. Metal straws are in! My granddaughter, 22, is the district manager of a major quick shop. She’s trying to save the turtles and is happily vocal to her customers by suggesting metal straws when they buy a soda from the self service fountain. She probably needs to ask for a commission she’s sold so many. *May I please take this opportunity to brag for a second? I want to say young people are much sharper than people give them credit for. Last month, she spotted a guy using a laptop getting cash out of the ATM very early in the morning. She called her manager and they called the FBI. Very quickly, two marked cars drove up, one the FBI and the other the Secret Service - they had come to interview her and review the surveillance. She said they were so grateful and bragged on her sharpness. They said there had been a string of these robberies within the same chain throughout the region. She was playing when she asked if there was a reward. One of the Secret Service dudes went to his car, opened the trunk and pulled out an official large metal Yeti inscribed with”Secret Service” complete with a metal straw.

Smith said Rodni carried a key chain that had on it a Zumiez brand metal reusable straw holder, described as a “small metal black cylinder that says ‘Zumiez’ on it.” Where is Kiely? - Moonshine Ink

Last edited:
From experience I know that many of the substances KR may have ingested that night have a delayed impact on your body and mind.
Rsbm
Absolutely! I got horrible alcohol poisoning at 17. Almost everyone at the party was underage and had scrounged their parent's liquid cabinets or brought whatever leftovers their 19+ yo friends had bought in the past. Lots of mixing of various alcohols, there was a messy aftermath. It all hit me at once and I blacked out. Luckily my friend woke me up when I started vomiting in my sleep. I know now what I can tolerate and pace myself because I don't like being wasted, and sometimes 5 shots of tequila is enough and other times 10 might do the trick. Depends how much I ate, slept, and how much water I drank.

Also weed is legal here and pretty well regulated. I don't get high often because I get anxiety. Sometimes I smoke a couple tokes and just get horrid heart racing, sweating and no high. Other times I'm stoned. Edibles hit me in 20 mins - for other people it's over an hour.
We don't know exactly all what KR consumed but there are so many variables on how/when it affects people IMO.
As likely as the accident/water theory makes sense, I have to wonder why LE is so focused on what she was wearing and the jewelry. Would it really matter what she was wearing if she's in the water or trees?

I hope this means there really is hope she may still be found, against the odds.
Yes it matters. Because if these items are found it could give another search area. They could have DNA of a perp on them. Blood (sorry) or broken jewelry, torn clothing to give a clue of foul play.
If these items are still on her and she drove into a lake then sure it doesn't mean much.
If they aren't on her person then it could mean everything.

Rsbm
Absolutely! I got horrible alcohol poisoning at 17. Almost everyone at the party was underage and had scrounged their parent's liquid cabinets or brought whatever leftovers their 19+ yo friends had bought in the past. Lots of mixing of various alcohols, there was a messy aftermath. It all hit me at once and I blacked out. Luckily my friend woke me up when I started vomiting in my sleep. I know now what I can tolerate and pace myself because I don't like being wasted, and sometimes 5 shots of tequila is enough and other times 10 might do the trick. Depends how much I ate, slept, and how much water I drank.

Also weed is legal here and pretty well regulated. I don't get high often because I get anxiety. Sometimes I smoke a couple tokes and just get horrid heart racing, sweating and no high. Other times I'm stoned. Edibles hit me in 20 mins - for other people it's over an hour.
We don't know exactly all what KR consumed but there are so many variables on how/when it affects people IMO.

Yes it matters. Because if these items are found it could give another search area. They could have DNA of a perp on them. Blood (sorry) or broken jewelry, torn clothing to give a clue of foul play.
If these items are still on her and she drove into a lake then sure it doesn't mean much.
If they aren't on her person then it could mean everything.
Ah, yes, that makes sense. I wasn't thinking of possible foul play if in the water, etc but that makes sense.

Is this a state that has rear and front plates? Because if it is just rear plates, the car could have been backed into a parking space so a plate is not easily recognized unless you get out and walk around behind to check. MOO MOO MOO

Yes.
California requires both front and back license plates.

MOO

BBM...I understand that many of us would like to think that, because she is only 16, Kiely probably had little experience with alcohol, pot, 'shrooms, etc, but she probably has as much experience with those substances as do her friends that she hangs around with, and it seems that many of her friends are at least a couple years older than she is. While this particular party was apparently much bigger than a normal one, I feel certain that The Sanctuary was a regular hang-out party spot for kids to get-together to party. Also, in an interview early on, one of Kiely's mother's friends was speaking, and commenting on how mature Kiely is, because last year her daughter was ill, and she asked Kiely if she would bring her home, and Kiely say "no", because she had been drinking.

One time a year ago my daughter was ill and I asked can you bring her home and she said 'no' because she had been drinking.

I am not disparaging her at all, nor blaming her for anything that may have happened to her, but I believe she probably was comfortable around alcohol and drugs. JMO

So Kiely would not ride a friend home last year as she (Kiely) had been drinking? Am I reading this correctly? Interesting that another parent finds this an example of maturity. Last year was 8 months ago, so at best, Kiely would then have had her license only 3-4 months, and already out drinking and driving.

What could go wrong?

jmo

Last edited:
So Kiely would not ride a friend home last year as she (Kiely) had been drinking? Am I reading this correctly? Interesting that another parent finds this an example of maturity. Last year was 8 months ago, so at best, Kiely would then have had her license only 3-4 months, and already out drinking.

What could go wrong?

jmo

Sadly, many kids are doing drugs and drinking even before high school. I was shocked at the stories my kids were telling me in middle school. Vodka in water bottles, drugs IN the classroom, etc. It's much more rampant than I ever thought, and at shockingly earlier ages.

I’m dog tired following this case and keeping track of her friends inconsistent & contradictory statements. I’m seeing with my own eyes behaviors that are incongruent to behavior. Im incapable of abandoning logic.
Im gonna go back to shutting up & watching.

Yes, teenagers are not very good at keeping secrets, at least not the ones I've known. If there was an overdose and cover up, it probably would have come out by now.

It just seems so odd that nobody saw Kiely leave or at least walk towards her car. Maybe now that it's known she could have been wearing white, someone will remember.

Did SS say what Kiely was wearing the last time they went to the car? I only remember her mentioning the black top. I would think by 11:00 pm she would have been cold.
Teenagers are not very good at keeping secrets usually. Especially when pressure is applied unless they have experience with that, like growing up in rougher neighborhoods or constant run ins with LEO. BUT, they might have more confidence in their decision to stay quiet if they have adults coaching them. An adult could be worried about their child's future, or their own future. Like the Jello shot thing, if my kids are cooking something in my kitchen I am pretty sure I would notice them adding extra ingredients. So was that provided by the owner of the house? An older sibling? Other relative? Could one of the attendees, have a parent that had unprescribed pills and they stole them bringing them to the party? Just my wild ways of thinking I guess.

I also thought it was weird that SS did not remember the white hoodie though... Unless KR put it on after she left or before they met.

For anyone with SAR and/or diving experience: I’m thinking the only way they can find a car in a lake in this situation, where there’s close to zero visibility and it may have sunk partially or fully into the bottom sediments, is for divers to swim a tight grid of the bottom with probe sticks, feeling for a solid object beneath them. Which could take a long time. Is that crazy? Is there some other way? Would sonar return pick up a solid vehicle if it had inches of silt floating above it?

So Kiely would not ride a friend home last year as she (Kiely) had been drinking? Am I reading this correctly? Interesting that another parent finds this an example of maturity. Last year was 8 months ago, so at best, Kiely would then have had her license only 3-4 months, and already out drinking.

What could go wrong?

jmo
I agree. It’s as if the legal drinking age of 21 means nothing.

“I can’t get it out of my head. That’s why I’m here, because you just feel like you want to do something, anything,” said Cindy Shippy, owner of Chá Fine Teas of Truckee, where Rodni works. “She’s a strong [young woman]. She really is. She’s a strong personality. And … my only hope is she’s somewhere where we’ve just got to find her, because she would be tough wherever she is … She was the girl that all of her friends came to for strength and I’m sure her friends are completely devastated.”
*I missed that she had a job. Could this tea shop be the surveillance still? *eta:No, prob not. I see clothes hanging. I forgot about them. What is the black icon looking thing on the white shirt hanging on the rod?
<p>The Placer County Sheriff’s Office released a picture from surveillance footage of a local business that shows what Kiely was wearing before she vanished.</p>

The Placer County Sheriff’s Office released a picture from surveillance footage of a local business that shows what Kiely was wearing before she vanished.

Last edited:
NV requires them as well. I believe there are exceptions for older vehicles or vehicles not equipped for the front but overall, they are required.

NV may require them but that is not much enforced, IMHO. Not uncommon to see a vehicle (of most any type) in NV without a front license

As likely as the accident/water theory makes sense, I have to wonder why LE is so focused on what she was wearing and the jewelry. Would it really matter what she was wearing if she's in the water or trees?

I hope this means there really is hope she may still be found, against the odds.
I take it to mean that there could be other people that were at the party or a friend of theirs wearing Kiely's possessions.

Excellent points being made. IMHO In most cases LE must eliminate those closest to K first. Can't say I'm all warm and fuzzy over what has come out so far. Young people can many times keep secrets. Maybe there are some secrets or CYA going on due to unfortunate circumstances around the missing K. Add to the mix a large group of partying people with potential drug and alcohol on site. At a young age, we many times believe we are immoral. Chances can be taken that have serious outcomes. K may have been one of the younger party goers. Highly likely that more than one person saw something and/or knows what went down. I wonder how many have deleted (maybe not forever deleted) activities from their phones.

For anyone with SAR and/or diving experience: I’m thinking the only way they can find a car in a lake in this situation, where there’s close to zero visibility and it may have sunk partially or fully into the bottom sediments, is for divers to swim a tight grid of the bottom with probe sticks, feeling for a solid object beneath them. Which could take a long time. Is that crazy? Is there some other way? Would sonar return pick up a solid vehicle if it had inches of silt floating above it?
Recreational diving experience only-

If the water is very murky you need to "walk" along the bottom with your hands to feel for things. It's sometimes hard to know if you're all the way to the bottom if there is debris in the water, like branches, trees, boulders and the like.

It's worse than just walking in the dark because you need to worry about getting tangled up in something and then not being able to surface.

I suppose you could orient yourself with a line strung between two areas but I can't imagine how you could do an effective grid.

As I posted upthread, I have watched a buddy who does salvage find a Ford Pickup that went into a canal at a known location down a ramp. It took 7 hours with a magnet dragging from the boat and its only 30 ft deep and 100 ft wide. Things can remain partially bouyant and "bob" along the bottom with currents until they finally catch on something. Her car could theoretically be at the far end of the lake. I can't stress enough how difficult this is without completely draining the reservoir.

I can't help but wonder if Kiely drove into water, although inebriated one sobers up pretty quickly sometimes when one has to. If she realized she was in jeopardy, she may have been able to call 911 from her car. Just a theory of mine. Doubtful she would have turned it off. Another theory, although horrid and morbid....if Kiely is deceased and her body was left somewhere around the area, wouldn't circling birds be an indicator? Horrible thought but possible. :( doesn't account for her missing vehicle, but someone could have driven that off.....

I am fairly sure she got blackout drunk and drove into a body of water. I had a friend who did this, he missed a curve while drunk driving on his way to get home and ended up in a very small lake. It froze over and he was not located for about 4 months or so as we have a few bodies of water and there was pretty much no extensive search for him. I hope they find her sooner than him, it was a bit painful not knowing exactly what happened outside of him being drunk that night.
This is my theory also, and I am basing it on my own personal experience. I once got pulled over late at night by police who were searching for DUIs while headed home from my ex-gf's parents house (I was sober but they made me do tests for half an hour), and then about a week later I fell asleep at my ex-gf's and her parents kicked me out at 2am. That 2nd time I remembered having been pulled over the previous occasion so I took some really dark winding side roads home to avoid the police. As I made it down some of these darker roads in the forest I dozed off and didn't wake up until my car was fully off the road and bouncing up and down on the small pebbles of the shoreline in front of a huge lagoon within the forest. It completely shocked me how fast it all happened, from the time I remember being on the road to nearly driving into the water seemed like a split second due to the fact I was just flat out tired and dozed off for a few seconds despite the fact I was sober.

It makes me think of if I was 16 and had been drinking or using drugs and then went for a drive home after midnight there might have been a chance of not waking up in time to slam my brakes before hitting the water like I was able to. In my case I did a little u-turn on the shore and drove a bit until I was able to get back on the road itself, but if this happened to Kiely and she wasn't sober she could have accidentally driven into water while looking for the road if it was dark enough, or if she had nodded off too she might have had her foot on the accelerator and simply began to sink before realizing what was happening and it could have been too late for her to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson