Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
What is the consensus, assuming abduction, of one person versus two? How did her vehicle vanish while she was talking at the beach on her phone 3 minutes after her phone stopped working?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! What is the consensus, assuming abduction, of one person versus two? How did her vehicle vanish while she was talking at the beach on her phone 3 minutes after her phone stopped working?
Obviously she couldn't be talking on her phone three minutes after it stopped working. SS says she saw it was KR calling, so KR apparently didn't call from a different phone. It seems most probable that at least one of those times was an estimate rather than a precise time, or that one of the claims (presumably SS's and not LE's) was based on a phone that was off by 3-4 minutes in its settings.

No one has publicly said they saw her vehicle "vanish". Conversely, no one has publicly said they saw her drive away from the campground.

This is what I’ve been thinking also. JMO it’s possible some guy led her to believe he was going to help her get home safely, drove away from the area and then abandoned the car somewhere else.
It's possible that Kiely was lured, drugged, tricked. If that is the case, then she would have needed help at some point, and perhaps the wrong people were ready to 'help' her.

Obviously she couldn't be talking on her phone three minutes after it stopped working. SS says she saw it was KR calling, so KR apparently didn't call from a different phone. It seems most probable that at least one of those times was an estimate rather than a precise time, or that one of the claims (presumably SS's and not LE's) was based on a phone that was off by 3-4 minutes in its settings.

No one has publicly said they saw her vehicle "vanish". Conversely, no one has publicly said they saw her drive away from the campground.
I'm sure LE looked at SS phone for any potential evidence... They might also get a court order to search her social media without her knowledge or with phone in their possession.

Where was she parked? It sounds like a big party with 300 people - not that easy to park, and get out of the parking area. Was anyone arriving at the party at 11:30 PM ?

How could she leave and no one saw anything?
well, SS says they were going back and forth to KRs car. So, it was a dark parking lot and these young girls were getting in and out the car.
This had to attract attention. When they first got there, the parking lot was getting dark and someone offered them a bong right away. So,

Also, several might have followed them back to the car for a creme brulee shot . SS said she and KR went all about the crowd socializing,
my guess sharing and or selling the shots, and went back to the car for more. Maybe they were trading their shots for drugs and alcohol and maybe the Lana Del Rey hoodie. SS has all the hesitations and pauses trying to recall because she was fried.

SS says they drank from the same cups and tried each others drinks.
This is why IMO they traded these creme brulee shots for different drinks that others had.

It could be that KR was turning off her phone to save battery but 3 min later for some reason she turns it back on to call her friend pretending that everythings ok because someone approached her car and grabbed it and turned it off. LE might know this but is only saying turned off once..SS may not be relating everything that was said and heard on the last call vis a vis LE.

Does anyone know why they would have no amber alert for her and/or her car? Is that because there is no known abduction/abductor?

They wouldn't share that information if there is a crime you would see this info in future court proceedings.
I suppose you are right. They have given us other hard timestamps regarding the phone and last seen, but I can see why they wouldn't think it necessary to provide more information. So right now we are just going on hearsay as to when she actually arrived.

Thank you! What is the consensus, assuming abduction, of one person versus two? How did her vehicle vanish while she was talking at the beach on her phone 3 minutes after her phone stopped working?
There really is no consensus, assuming abduction, because abduction is far from assumed, It is definitely not the only thought expressed here. Very many people, probably far more than think she was abducted, still believe she was in an accident after leaving, and has not yet been found. There have been other ideas expressed, as well. JMO

Last edited:
I suppose you are right. They have given us other hard timestamps regarding the phone and last seen, but I can see why they wouldn't think it necessary to provide more information. So right now we are just going on hearsay as to when she actually arrived.
LE will mention cell phone pings, but very rarely will they give exact time and location. LE only wants you to know certain details, but close holds other information for prosecution of a potential crime. I saw the cell phone times and location in a recent almost 3+ yr old court case I've covered in Bakersfield that were never mention in any press releases before the trial that secure a life long conviction.

Creme Brûlée shots? Gross. You do have to use a torch to crystallize the sugar top on creme Brûlée.

Either she drove into the reservoir by accident or someone rolled her car, phone & her into the reservoir. I feel like 1 of the 300 people would see that. AWP are amazing, and they’ll provide answers when they search.

Tahoe gets very foggy at times. The worst conditions I drove in there was whiteout blizzard conditions with fog. Zero visibility. The weather is unpredictable.

I still think if she’s not in the reservoir, a guy offered to drive her car because she was too impaired and he took advantage. I stupidly let guys drive my car when I was younger.

To add about shrooms…usually you eat actual pieces. It tastes disgusting. My go-to was putting them in Carl’s Jr. barbecue chicken sandwiches. Yogurt sounds real bad.

Why are we now saying she left at 12:01am?
Her last known location (phone ping AND statement from SS who is not a POI) was at the party around 12:35am.
We've known this from almost the beginning from LE press conferences.

<modsnip>

Why are we now saying she left at 12:01am?
Her last known location (phone ping AND statement from SS who is not a POI) was at the party around 12:35am.
We've known this from almost the beginning from LE press conferences.

I'm going to take a step back from here for a while. I got quite invested in squashing misinformation and redirecting people to LE statements, I think I'm just making myself frustrated... I always try to make a point to read all posts and official news about stories before coming into a conversation so I can try to contribute something, answers people's questions and point them to facts so there aren't pages and pages of rehashing things that are irrelevant or already answered. I'm not great with maps, legal stuff, any of that great sleuthing a lot of you guys do.

I will keep cheering on the hard workers, and all of us who care about KR and want answers.
This is exactly what I’m saying. I couldn't agree more. <modsnip>

A polite suggestion to help out newcomers to the thread: there is now a media thread (which doesn’t have discussion so it’s much shorter) where you can quickly get caught up on all the info so you can share your thoughts with us all :)

Creme Brûlée shots? Gross. You do have to use a torch to crystallize the sugar top on creme Brûlée.
This isn’t directed at the OP, but because it keeps surfacing I think it should be clarified.

To be fair, there hasn’t actually been any report of crème brûlée shots. The statement made in msm was that KR and her friend were making crème brûlée that afternoon. She’s known to enjoy cooking. A poster here took that statement and the fact they were going to KR car for shots and theorized perhaps they made crème brûlée pudding shots. A valid theory (and stated as such), but man has it taken on a whole life of its own now

Last edited:
Does anyone know why they would have no amber alert for her and/or her car? Is that because there is no known abduction/abductor?

You are correct about the reason there was no Amber Alert. Here are the criteria:

AMBER Alert Criteria​

In order for an AMBER Alert to be activated, the following criteria must be met (Government Code section 8594):

1. Confirmation that an abduction has occurred or a child was taken by anyone, including, but not limited to, a custodial parent or guardian.
2. The victim is 17 years of age or younger, or an individual with a proven mental or physical disability.
3. The victim is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
4. There is information available that, if disseminated to the public, could assist in the safe recovery of the victim.

What I have found puzzling is that no one besides Sammy has mentioned being in contact with her at the party, even if just in conversation. "oh yea, I was talking to that girl around midnight" stranger or some one she knew. Who was the last person Sammy saw her talking to. You know what I mean? I'm saying, ok you left with another ride, but where was she and who was she talking too, when you parted company? I mean you did not just leave her standing by herself in the woods. She would have been standing in a group at least. Was she talking to a bunch of strangers, did she say, I'm going to go and find so and so, or was she with someone else they knew.

Unless someone was specifically interested in her (and followed her movements), it is quite possible that no one knows. Remembering myself at her age, partying at night (at the seaside), in the darkness, you notice people, couples, even, when they are virtually in front of you. Otherwise, little would I care? Young people are naturally self-conceited. And we had only alcohol, and I was never truly wasted. The only difference, if I liked someone. That person I’d follow, if even out of the corner of my eye. So KR was not quite sober, and she was sixteen; basically, an adolescent. A decent kid would probably not take advantage of an underage drunk girl and hence, not trace her movements. This leaves predators. But it is possible that they were not local, or not well-known to the locals.

There’s some pretty good photos on these threads showing the area. Locals have stated that If she turned the wrong way upon leaving the party, it dead ends at a boat ramp straight into the water.

Combine that with intoxication, age, and total darkness, I believe that’s a very likely possibility. JMO.
Exactly! Plus fog! Recipe for disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member